The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

So Much For Expensive Feed's

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is a pic of my Tina bitch,who at the age of 2 year's and 8 month's,is only starting to run right.She was fed top class nut's,+beef n Wholemeal bread,when in training and racing.Recently,ive put her on a cheaper feed,since the beef was getting hard to come by,and she's improved nearly 10 length's,equaling her fastest time that she did 2 week's ago,only this time she did the buisiness last night.She also came off,like she had'nt even run,and never took a drink.I was approached about selling her,but declined the offer,as i would be selling my bit of sport,and not just the bitch.As she's bred in the purple,i will take a litter from her,as she could be a good brood .Tried the Austrailian stuff with a few different dog's,but they all went back on it.This bitches Dam had to be PTS,last week,after weaning a litter of pup's,as she was found to have the big C.She had produced over 200 winner's,from her litter's,and threw Dearby dog's n bitches.Her owner who is over 70 year's of age,is still finding it difficult to accept,as the bitch lived in the house with him,and was his only companion.It gave him a lift last night to see my bitch win.Gave his pocket a wee lift too.
_B020951.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
billyboy45 said:
This is a pic of my Tina bitch,who at the age of 2 year's and 8 month's,is only starting to run right.She was fed top class nut's,+beef n Wholemeal bread,when in training and racing.Recently,ive put her on a cheaper feed,since the beef was getting hard to come by,and she's improved nearly 10 length's,equaling her fastest time that she did 2 week's ago,only this time she did the buisiness last night.She also came off,like she had'nt even run,and never took a drink.I was approached about selling her,but declined the offer,as i would be selling my bit of sport,and not just the bitch.As she's bred in the purple,i will take a litter from her,as she could be a good brood .Tried the Austrailian stuff with a few different dog's,but they all went back on it.This bitches Dam had to be PTS,last week,after weaning a litter of pup's,as she was found to have the big C.She had produced over 200 winner's,from her litter's,and threw Dearby dog's n bitches.Her owner who is over 70 year's of age,is still finding it difficult to accept,as the bitch lived in the house with him,and was his only companion.It gave him a lift last night to see my bitch win.Gave his pocket a wee lift too.
_B020951.jpg

ok im really new here and i just like to read all the posts. can i ask what sortve people are you greyhound racers.200 winners..so how many losers how many litters has this bitch had remembering what age she probably was when she was pts !!?? 2 litters a season would still be 10 a litter at 10 years of age.

surely this is not acceptable to ordinary dog folk.

shannon

I am really shocked reading this & not something i think should be "proudly publicised"

Sounds like the poor bitch must have been nothing more than a breeding machine.

is that 200 winners from her litters or from her lines billy?

well he does say 200 winners from her litters. :( and no shannon its not acceptable to most dog lovers on this forum. :( tbh im disgusted :angry:

I think that would be an impossibility,well i bloody hope so as it would mean that poor bitch would have had 19-20 litters in her lifetime :eek:

Here's hoping it's mean't to read....

Her offspring between them have accumulated 200 wins.

alfyn said:
I think that would be an impossibility,well i bloody hope so as it would mean that poor bitch would have had 19-20 litters in her lifetime  :eek:

Here's hoping it's mean't to read....

Her offspring between them have accumulated 200 wins.

Well i think if this is correct then someone should check the terminology they are using ie the statement

"She had produced over 200 winner's,from her litters"

Would still be interested to know the number of litters & puppies this bitch had directly produced/whelped just out of curiousity :thumbsup:

Maybe there's an extra 0 on the 200........surley its

impossible for a bitch to have 200 pups

I rekon Billy's fingers slipped :))

Tina's a beautiful looking girl
sign0100.gif

I think what Billy means is 200 winners is the fact that some of her ofspring have won moe than one race rather than she has had 200 pups that have won one race each which would be impossible

THOUGHT THIS TOPIC WAS ABOUT DIFFERENT FOODS :cheers:

IVE USED EXSPENSIVE FOODS BILLY AND FOUND THEM NO BETTER

THAN A CHEAPER VERSION IVE FOUND IF A DOG CAN RUN IT CAN RUN

WITHOUT THESE FANCY FOODS

I USE SUPA GREYHOUND AT £6.50/AND THE HIGHER PROTEIN[26%]AT£8.50

WHICH I THINK IS A REASONABLE PRICE

SO LET GET BACK TO THE SUBJECT FOODS

IF PEOPLE ON HER THINK A BITCH AS HAD 200 PUPS

THEY WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF JUST JUMPING

STRAIGHT IN :thumbsup:

Shannon and Runlikethewind

First of all wellcome to the site.

As I dont no you this is not directed at you, but would be interested in a reply by you

Someone posts a topic, not good grammer but people with any Brain will read it twice and understand what the poster ment.

Some wont, and be confused fair enough.

Then there are people like Nina(a breeder) who has a agend.

Well Nina answer me this, in your experince have you ever known any bitch of any breed to proudece 200 pups.

Nina.... go on Greyhound Data and spend all winter looking up Brood bitches, if you find any that has produced 200 pups let alone winning pups I will give you a £1000 for each bitch you find.

galty said:
Shannon and Runlikethewind

First of all wellcome to the site.

As I dont no you this is not directed at you, but would be interested in a reply by you

Someone posts a topic, not good grammer but people with any Brain will read it twice and understand what the poster ment.

Some wont, and be confused fair enough.

Then there are people like Nina(a breeder) who has a agend.

Well Nina answer me this, in your experince have you ever known any bitch of any breed to proudece 200 pups.

Nina.... go on Greyhound Data and spend all winter looking up Brood bitches, if you find any that has produced 200 pups let alone winning pups I will give you a £1000 for each bitch you find.

Do you know i actually thought about replying to this, stating facts & figures, information gathered from several puppy farms etc .......................... ;)

BUT then i had a reality check & realised it would all fall on deaf ears with you anyway :(

I dont have an agenda, i was simply curious as were others YET surprisingly for the umpteenth time it was just me you picked out...........no surprise there then. :- "

Dont bother pming me as you are already blocked, why read & answer my posts if they annoy you, yet others stating the same facts dont??? :blink:

Do what you always do best, go bury your head in the sand :thumbsup:

You dont warrant another reply so goodnight. -_-

dunno if expensive foods work better than cheap ones but im well aware of the old adage you only get what you pay for. :thumbsup: if i put cheap food into a dog i daresay it might perform well for a while but sooner or later the results are going to be disappointing .i think its a well known fact that if any racing machine isnt being well fed and looked after its performance is going to suffer.same with a bitch who is pregnant and feeding pups.they need the best of everything.i wouldnt stint any of my dogs on good quality food.they mean the world to me and they deserve the best i can afford to buy for them. :) (just my opinion)

i think its a well known fact that if any racing machine isnt being well fed and looked after its performance is going to suffer ?????

I'm sorry if i read the post the wrong way, i replied to it the way i read it & if that was wrong i apologise

Sadly after working for a local rescue sanctuary for the last 8 years i know the figures quoted for the amount of pups produced by a bitch being in the figures of 200 can sadly be correct which is why i didnt question it.

I cannot speak just for greyhounds as our rescue deals in many different breeds but if they are not KC registered which many are not there are no limits to the amount of pups that can be produced.

One of our recent cases was a Rottie bitch that we have proof was bred for the first time on her first season at 16 months old & we know for a fact that she whelped her last litter at 13 years old

From what we can establish she was mated every season & the litters we know about produced between 8 - 14 pups, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to realise these figures could have gone above the 200 mark.

I hope this explains my reply as you have asked & again i apologise if something was taken out of context but perhaps now you can understand why.

Can I remind Members that useing 2 usernames is against K9 rules.

and may result in both usernames being put on moderator review

shannon said:
billyboy45 said:
_B020951.jpg

ok im really new here and i just like to read all the posts. can i ask what sortve people are you greyhound racers.200 winners..so how many losers how many litters has this bitch had remembering what age she probably was when she was pts !!?? 2 litters a season would still be 10 a litter at 10 years of age.

surely this is not acceptable to ordinary dog folk.

shannon

im really sorry but thats how i read this post too. im not familiar with the terminology but billy states "she produced over 200 winners from her litters".

i just took at at thats what he means. sorry for that ill know in future that billys posts need to be read a few times.

shannon

THECAP said:
i think its a well known fact that if any racing machine isnt being well fed and looked after its performance is going to suffer ?????

The whole feeding thing is very interesting. As "Storm 1" & Billy say you can get good result's from the cheaper stuff. When you see the breakdowns on the "premier" feed's & the "economy" feeds there isn't that much difference except the "premier foods" have this or that "special" ingredient. Think a lot of it is a con. Every decent dog owner want's the best for their dogs, most assume paying £30 a bag ensure's the best imo it doesn't.

When I was a kid I earned pocket money walking dog's for who was then the top trainer in the north west. These dog's saw meat a couple of times a week, rest of the time they had bread & milk. The owners of these dogs paid top fee's for this regime & were well satisfied with the result's presumably.

Terry Smith

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back