The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Southwest Lurecoursing Event

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Strike Whippets said:
Well what can I say ......There was only just a little bit of mud Barbara  :teehee:   ......
A huge thankyou to everyone today ...... It was a very friendly meeting, with lots of people just doing little jobs that helped make things run so smoothly  :thumbsup:   .......This really is just how it should be  :D   ......I wouldn't know where to start thanking everyone as you were all great  :cheers:   .......There were some cracking courses and lots of happy dogs  :D   ...... You'll all be pleased to know that Rae and myself have made a note NOT to go clubbing the night before our next one though  :b   :lol:   (w00t)

So no Karaoke this time then :lol: :lol:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Strike Whippets said:
Well what can I say ......There was only just a little bit of mud Barbara  :teehee:   ......
A huge thankyou to everyone today ...... It was a very friendly meeting, with lots of people just doing little jobs that helped make things run so smoothly  :thumbsup:   .......This really is just how it should be  :D   ......I wouldn't know where to start thanking everyone as you were all great  :cheers:   .......There were some cracking courses and lots of happy dogs  :D   ...... You'll all be pleased to know that Rae and myself have made a note NOT to go clubbing the night before our next one though  :b   :lol:   (w00t)

LOL ....I'll have you know us girls danced and sang very well at the club ..... Well up until Rae fell over :- " ...... It must have been the boots hey Rae ... or was it the shots :wacko:

LOL ....I'll have you know us girls danced and sang very well at the club ..... Well up until Rae fell over :- " ...... It must have been the boots hey Rae ... or was it the shots :wacko:

[SIZE=14pt]So someone was shooting at Rae (w00t) (w00t) her singing can't be that bad can it[/SIZE] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:

[SIZE=14pt]So someone was shooting at Rae (w00t) (w00t) her singing can't be that bad can it[/SIZE] :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol - it was definately the high heels :b :clown:

Ad what do you mean next time? Never again I say :x

Oh go on, you know you don't mean that :lol: plus we are meant to be going to Exeter clubbing next time :D .....but I think we'll leave the boots at home :lol: .....Oh and we won't go the night before we lure course :wacko: ;) :lol: :huggles: .....but we still looked gorgeous hun .. hangovers or not XX

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies being somewhat tardy somewhat tardy in adding my comments etc re Sundays meeting. I logged on when we got home Sunday but saw that TC had already posted the Whippet results and thought i'd post Lurcher results on Monday as i was knackered. Horrendous day at work scuppered that plan but here they are now:-

LURCHER STAKE

WINNER - JAKE OWNER MRS PAT QUANT

RUNNER UP - BELLA SORRY NO OWNERS NAME

LURCHER STAKE PURSE

WINNER - LEIA OWNER MRS RACHEL TODD

RUNNER UP - SHAKIRA OWNER MRS PAT QUANT

I would just like to add my thanks - to everyone for turning up and making our first event a enjoyable and successful one . Mr Jason Futcher for being our judge. Mr Alec Daglish for stepping in and being our slipper. Sue Meecham & Alan Haddrell for their help around the course. Andy Smith for taking the photos (we'll have to wait a week or so to see them as he and Lesley are still down on holiday. Last but not least Jane Rankin for doing a good job on the raffle.

We now as a club own our very own Lure machine with huge thanks to Sue's brother, we have purchased some rollers and lure wire and have some funds in a bank account for the purchase of other equipment.

Congratulations to Tracey (great day) George, Pat and Rae on winning the respective courses.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day , most of the dogs seemed to. See you all at the Holman Clavell Inn before and after the next meeting.

PS God help the bouncers of Exeter.

Well Done Badger :cheers: and congrats to all the finalists :D

It was a great day, enjoyed by all and went off very well - hopefully the weather will be kinder next time :thumbsup:

Its good to see we've now got funds to fall back on ....it'll make the next event easier ;) ...... A huge thanks should go to Jason our judge and Alec our slipper who did the judging and slipping to help us start up :cheers: .....and to Sue and her brother for the fab lure machine they made for the club for free :thumbsup: ..... We are very lucky as a club to have such great friends :D .....Jason said he'll judge the next one btw :thumbsup:

as for ....

PS God help the bouncers of Exeter.
Rae and myself don't know what you mean Laurie :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good news :thumbsup:

Laurie, hope you didn't mind me posting the results :unsure:

That is very kind of Jason and Alec, they did a sterling job in lousy weather :nuke:

Glad to hear that Jason will judge again. I know it sounds ridiculous coming from me :b but I think he was very good and a fair judge :cheers: I'd have only called one course differently (it was a close one) and NO my dog's weren't in it (w00t) Mind you, what do I know :D

Alec was a star, especially as he stepped in at the last minute :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next one :cheers:

TCx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back