The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Southwest Lurecoursing Event

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:luck: to everyone, sorry we couldnt make it this time but its Kierens birthday on sunday. :huggles:

Have a safe and successful day. Sorry I can't be there-it's South Cotswolds A.G.M. Best of luck to everyone

Thanks Paula and Jules :thumbsup: .....Happy Birthday to Kieren :huggles: .....

Rae, Beej and myself will see you later for our fish and chips, and to pick up the lure machine (thankyou Cotswolds :thumbsup: )

RIGHT THEN ;-

NOVICE STAKE FULL

MAIN STAKE STILL TWO VACANCIES

LURCHER STAKE FOUR ENTRIES THAT I KNOW OF

DRAW FOR ALL STAKES TO TAKE PLACE AT HOLMAN CLAVELL INN (JUST UP THE ROAD FROM HOLLYBUSH CARAVAN PARK) THIS EVENING ALL ENTRANTS WHO ARE STAYING DOWN TONIGHT AND INTERESTED PARTIES ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.

EVERYONE NOT DOWN TONIGHT PLEASE MEET AT 9AM TOMORROW, FIELD NEXT TO HOLLYBUSH CARAVAN PARK. FIRST PAIR IN SLIPS AT 9.30 AM . SPECTATORS WELCOME. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE.

LAURIE :cheers:

larruu said:
RIGHT THEN ;-
NOVICE STAKE FULL

MAIN STAKE STILL TWO VACANCIES

LURCHER STAKE  FOUR ENTRIES THAT I KNOW OF

DRAW FOR ALL STAKES TO TAKE PLACE AT HOLMAN CLAVELL INN (JUST UP THE ROAD FROM  HOLLYBUSH CARAVAN PARK) THIS EVENING ALL ENTRANTS WHO ARE STAYING DOWN TONIGHT AND INTERESTED PARTIES ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE.

EVERYONE NOT DOWN TONIGHT PLEASE MEET AT  9AM TOMORROW, FIELD NEXT TO HOLLYBUSH CARAVAN PARK.  FIRST PAIR IN SLIPS AT 9.30 AM . SPECTATORS WELCOME. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE.

LAURIE :cheers:

Good luck all, safe running. :luck: :luck:

Mark Roberts said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Well done & good luck to all involved sorry couldn't make it just got back from Great Yarmouth :luck:

did you get any pics :- "

(w00t) Ohhh I told you that you are worse than me Mr R :p :- " :lol:

Right now the serious bit ...... I'll apologize now as I've had alot going on, but this dim secretary did order the jacket, lure line etc ....I even remembered the rosettes, but its just dawned on me that I had forgotten to order the consolation rosettes :b ......So for all who win a cons stake or are runners up in the cons stake, I will post you your rosettes just as soon as I order and receive them :b ......Thanks in advance a very inept Hannah :b

Strike Whippets said:
Mark Roberts said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Well done & good luck to all involved sorry couldn't make it just got back from Great Yarmouth :luck:

did you get any pics :- "

(w00t) Ohhh I told you that you are worse than me Mr R :p :- " :lol:

Right now the serious bit ...... I'll apologize now as I've had alot going on, but this dim secretary did order the jacket, lure line etc ....I even remembered the rosettes, but its just dawned on me that I had forgotten to order the consolation rosettes :b ......So for all who win a cons stake or are runners up in the cons stake, I will post you your rosettes just as soon as I order and receive them :b ......Thanks in advance a very inept Hannah :b

P.S ..... Raffle prizes will be very much appreciated :cheers: .....

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, hope the sun shines for you and all have a good day :cheers: .

Me and Phoeb will be wishing we were there :) but maybe next time :thumbsup:

good luck to you all...TC have you gott ya camera ready we,re counting on you taking the piccys :thumbsup: :- "

Good luck to all you guys running on sunday :thumbsup:

Hope you all have the best day today...hope the weather clears up...and none of you are too hundover...look forward to the spring when I really look forward to joining you :thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK to everyone hope the weather is better there than here!!!

Its rained all day :angry:

Had a very enjoyable if muddy day lure coursing. Well done to TC (who had a bit of a good day :thumbsup: ) also to the other winners and runners up. There were some very good close courses. I particularly enjoyed the lurcher final with very well matched dogs, wonderful to see such fast dogs turning so well.

The weather was a bit wet to start with oh and it was a tad muddy underfoot. :- " Then afterwards we all had to go to Ecksey's pub where the raffle and prizegiving happened. Oh and some drinking and eating. Thank for your hospitality. :huggles:

What else oh I know the loo's were superb and Rae didn't mind us using them even though we were all very muddy.

In fact in case you haven't worked it out yet it was so muddy that TC got stuck in the mud in her car and had to be pulled and pushed out.

Lovely to see Sienna Leslie. She was mad keen to run.

Great day folks and thanks to everyone who helped out and made it go well. :thumbsup:

PS our high spot was seeing Ted going around a couple of turns. He really enjoyed it thanks for letting him run. Poor lad just loves doing what the other whippets are doing. :b Maybe he'll go around a full course next time. :thumbsup: Oh and he enjoyed the mud lots.

It was a great day, good fun despite that foul drizzly rain this morning :(

I've posted the results on a new thread as I forgot about this one :b

Thanks for a good day everyone, and the Velvet Jacket is lovely, I'l post some pics of Badger in it tomorrow :thumbsup:

TCx

My post from the other thread :b

Well we had a lovely day at this meet, great fun, lousy weather this morning where it got VERY wet and muddy but the rain stopped and the dogs had a great time.

I'm posting these results for two reasons....

one) we had a FAB day and my boys did me proud. Badger not only beat the infamous Spry, but also went on to knock Hugo out in the final. Go Badge Man :wub: and Ruso won the Novice Stake in style, unfortunately knocking out our little girl Milly on the way bless her :blink:

and two) everyone else will be either too drunk or still driving home (w00t)

Thanks for an enjoyable day SWLCC, when is the next one? Oh yes, I remember, Larruu said I can't come again :teehee:

Soooo looking forward to seeing what pics people got :- "

Oh, and Lampy, if you're reading this then you might see some pics later of my lads running in collars. I got too fed up waiting to see you so I googled how to knit and watched a very informative video (w00t) I was quite pleased with the results. Not up to your standard I'm sure, but they did us okay today :*

Thanks for the papers Lesley :- " and HUGE thanks to Rae for the pull lol!

TCx

Main Stake Winner - Mallyfield Wild Knight with Alacrity (Badger)

Novice Stake Winner - Buebezi French Connexion to Alacrity (Ruso)

Main Stake Purse Winner - Arjuna Joe Bloggs (Digger)

Novice Stake Purse Winner - Segev Midnite's Son (Sonny)

Main Stake

WHEATROYD ONCE UPON A WISH

BT

SHYABOUT SILVER SPRING

MALLYFIELD WILD KNIGHT WITH ALACRITY

BT

HILLSDOWN DAYDREAMER

CRACKLING BEAUTY

BT

STARSTRIKE HEART AND SOUL

VENSUTER ALMOND

BT

MORETONIA BILL BERRY

LYNPERRY WATERLOO BOY

BT

BIG BRUTHER STRIKES

SCARLETFAIR STARRY KNIGHT

BT

STAR OF THE NORTH OVER ALACRITY

CALENNA PRIDE

BT

VENSUTER STARS AND STRIPES

HARERUNNER HILLSPRINTER

BT

ARJUNA JOE BLOGGS

SECOND ROUND

BT

WHEATROYD ONCE UPON A WISH

CRACKLING BEAUTY

BT

VENSUTER ALMOND

BT

LYNPERRY WATERLOO BY

HARERUNNER HILLSPRINTER

BT

CALENNA PRIDE

THIRD ROUND

BT

CRACKLING BEAUTY

BT

HARERUNNER HILLSPRINTER

FINAL

BT

NOVICE STAKE

WILLOWS DELIGHT

BT

STARSTRIKE BLACK

WYNN THE FAIR ONE

BT

HAPPY AS LUKE

BUEBEZI FRENCH CONNEXION TO ALACRITY

BT

DUMYAT LITTLE ONE

FOSSELAND NIGHTSTRIKE

BT

SEGEV MIDNITE'S SON

SECOND ROUND

WYNN THE FAIR ONE

BT

WILLOWS DELIGHT

BT

FOSSELAND NIGHTSTRIKE

FINAL

BT

WYNN THE FAIR ONE

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what can I say ......There was only just a little bit of mud Barbara :teehee: ......

A huge thankyou to everyone today ...... It was a very friendly meeting, with lots of people just doing little jobs that helped make things run so smoothly :thumbsup: .......This really is just how it should be :D ......I wouldn't know where to start thanking everyone as you were all great :cheers: .......There were some cracking courses and lots of happy dogs :D ...... You'll all be pleased to know that Rae and myself have made a note NOT to go clubbing the night before our next one though :b :lol: (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back