The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Spaying Prices??

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As ruby has come into season, i thought its about time to decided if we are going to get her/them spayed.

got the price from our vet, who charges a flat fee of £154 pre first season.

after the first season its from £159 up to £215 (dependent on weight)

why is there a difference???

are all vets like this?

im going to do a little phone round later to see other vets prices, but i was just a little baffled by the price range pre first season and after? :blink:

I guess it is an easier op on an immature bitch, nothing having swelled up etc, but they must have to spay quite young before to ensure they are not about to start a season...got to be better to wait for them to be mature surely?

my vets are charging at the mo £78.99 might be a bit more for heavier dogs

no different prices pre season or post season

i thinks its because of the credit crunch castration is only £48.99

For vets it's a lot easier an operation pre first season .

There will be a difference in different size dogs because of the amount of drugs etc used .

Think these prices are pretty good for this area . I paid over £100 the last time I got a bitch spayed and that would be about 5 years ago and my vet is not known for being too expensive ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh im not complaining about the price, although for 2 to be done is going to be £300 odd so yeah saving anythings better than nothing,

i was just a bit confussed by the difference in price.

debbie, where are your vets it may even be cheeper to drive down to you to get them done :clown:

here its around 250-350 for a spey and approx 150 for dog castration :eek: however i lady ive used and will always recommend is howards neutering clinic approx 25miles from me , about 65 for a dog and 150 for a bitch , she has no people skills but fab with dogs :D

off topic but vets here charge 80 for a ferret :eek: and over 100 for a spey on a ferret!!! :eek:

There is a spay / neuter clinic in Edinburgh - £150 with a 10% discount offer on at the moment ( Vetwise )

Crikey some of you are paying extortionate amounts for a spey...jeez some vets really take the pee don't they!!!

sorry I'm really shocked..our vets charge £110 to spey a 20 kilo bitch and about £60 to castrate a dog.

Where are these vets of yours??

I got quoted

under 10 kilos £94.22

over 10 kilos £ 101.80

and of course my two are right porkers

why the difference in cost between vets?? same op same skills etc in human private medicine the tarriff for ops is set as an agreement with all hospitals and everyone charges the same (although they do not have to adhere to it)

Hi in our area, under 10kg was £120 and up to 25kg was £140. Above this weight was depending on drugs used :wacko:

Where are these vets of yours??

I got quoted

under 10 kilos £94.22

over 10 kilos £ 101.80

and of course my two are right porkers

in oxted surrey, they have dropped their prices

img020.jpg

you might to put your glasses on but these are my vets prices

If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit in our area, you can get a voucher from Dogs Trust that some local vets accept - £30 for a castration...not sure on speying. See if you qualify in Scotland.

Cheers

z

Hi Katie,

Try Ian C Butt up at Loanhead and also I think they are called Happy Pets at Viewforth. Someone in the park was telling me that Happy Pets are really cheap?

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I think Vetwise has become Happy Pets now ?

I think Vetwise has become Happy Pets now ?

Hi Alison,

Maybe it has :thumbsup:

I think they used to only do neutering and vaccinations, or so the lady in the park said but now they do all different procedures :-

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back