The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sporting Championships

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
peppermint lady said:
im still gob smacked  :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko: (for a change)when she made the final i was thrilled with that (w00t)   (w00t) but to win it :wacko:   :wacko: i was blown away....sorry for all the screaming at the pick up :b

and thanks to barbara for pointing out what coat she was in as they came up the track :lol:   :lol:

thanks for putting the results on juney :thumbsup:   i know how long it takes :sweating:   :sweating:

Really, really chuffed for you Julie. Well mostly :- " Can't you get her down in weight by a few pounds. She'd run really well at 27lbs I think. :lol: :huggles:

Well done to all the winners and finalists. Especially Sam (Fly The Wind) sooo chuffed for Geoff and Linda. :huggles:

Thanks to Ray and the Indi folks for giving us a lovely track to race on and a great venue.

big well done to julie,neil and sue :thumbsup: looks like a superstar in the making...keep up the hard work....once again well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bullwhip said:
big well done to julie,neil and sue  :thumbsup: looks like a superstar in the making...keep up the hard work....once again well done  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:
thanks mark...just wish you had been there to see her :thumbsup:

thanks so much for breeding me such a cracking girl :cheers: ive posted you a piccy in her velvet coat :thumbsup:

BeeJay said:
peppermint lady said:
im still gob smacked  :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko: (for a change)when she made the final i was thrilled with that (w00t)   (w00t) but to win it :wacko:   :wacko: i was blown away....sorry for all the screaming at the pick up :b

and thanks to barbara for pointing out what coat she was in as they came up the track :lol:   :lol:

thanks for putting the results on juney :thumbsup:   i know how long it takes :sweating:   :sweating:

Really, really chuffed for you Julie. Well mostly :- " Can't you get her down in weight by a few pounds. She'd run really well at 27lbs I think. :lol: :huggles:

Well done to all the winners and finalists. Especially Sam (Fly The Wind) sooo chuffed for Geoff and Linda. :huggles:

Thanks to Ray and the Indi folks for giving us a lovely track to race on and a great venue.

i thought you liked being at the pick up with me barbara (w00t) im sorry to say she is a definate 29lb....not an oz to come off :sweating: :sweating:

naylorwhippets said:
well done to all the winners and finalist :thumbsup:   a big well done to  peppermint perfection in her first ever championships :thumbsup: some really good races and finals. well done to ray jones and his helpers for putting on a well run days racing :cheers:   :cheers: and jacquie make sure your mum does not bring that bottle of brandy to the champs :x   talk about the hangover from hell. :sweating:
Oh so that's why I didn't see you much yesterday Jacquie :lol: Lily looked super in her red velvet coat :thumbsup:

Many Congratulations, I love the red jackets. :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to ask one of my questions again (oh can't you just tell I'm a showie) but what is a Sporting Championship? I am getting my head round it all I promise and then something comes up that I don't know about.

Help - June :wacko:

Jenny

Joanna said:
WELL DONE TO EVERY_ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many of my friends have done well today, Les and Mark Shearing, Julie, Juney, Dave and Lyn, Geoff and Jac to name but a few. Sounds like you had a great day, wish we had been there. I have been busy mastering Microsoft Excel, but I know where I would rather have been :- "

See you all next week-end with my lardy boys :cheers:

I love the red coats, they look very regal!

Excel? :eek: I love it, but not on a Sunday when ya should be with ya old mates :- " You need to get out into the light a bit more :teehee: Looking forward to catching up with you on Sunday :huggles:

quintessence said:
I'm going to have to ask one of my questions again (oh can't you just tell I'm a showie) but what is a Sporting Championship?  I am getting my head round it all I promise and then something comes up that I don't know about.

Jenny

We will get you racing yet Jenny :thumbsup: The Sporting Championships is the same as one of the opens, but it's completely independent of the WCRA or any other governing body. They normally run a couple of Championships a year, and if you win the main final of a weight group, your dog then is given the title of Sporting Champion. It's not recognised by the WCRA, but nonetheless a great achievement :thumbsup:

Well done to all the winners and finalists yesterday. There are some fantastic puppies about. Well done to Geoff and Fly The Wind winning against the toughest of opposition. I expect Rob & Jan were still over the moon though with Bin Thru't Mill and Merry Mill winning and Ralph's puppies looking so good - especially Peppermint Perfection. Wow! what a girl she is! Well Done.

Well done too to Conway Gem on winning her group and brother Xile, 3rd in the same final and Dave & Lynne did it again with Conway Celt getting another title and becoming a veteran sporting champion :cheers:

Well done as well to Summa Breeze, Bin throut Mill, Making Music and not forgetting the other vets :huggles: Trailblazer, Dancing Queen and Runaway :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy said:
Well done to all the winners and finalists yesterday. There are some fantastic puppies about. Well done to Geoff and Fly The Wind winning against the toughest of opposition. I expect Rob & Jan were still over the moon though with Bin Thru't Mill and Merry Mill winning and Ralph's puppies looking so good - especially Peppermint Perfection. Wow! what a girl she is! Well Done.
Well done too to Conway Gem on winning her group and brother Xile, 3rd in the same final and Dave & Lynne did it again with Conway Celt getting another title and becoming a veteran sporting champion  :cheers:

Well done as well to Summa Breeze, Bin throut Mill, Making Music and not forgetting the other vets  :huggles:   Trailblazer, Dancing Queen and Runaway  :cheers:

Seeing your post there Judy makes you realise just how greedy some people are doesn't it :eek: The Millgang with two winners, Ernie with two winners, and Dave and Lyn with two winners - you'd have thought they could have thought of us with Sweep in the same final as Penny, but no, they just went and won that as well - that's friends for you :eek: :- " :lol:

Joking aside - it just goes to show what good owners they all are, and obviously getting the best from their dogs :thumbsup: Well done all :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget Ernie's pup Trying Again was second in his final too. Another brilliant puppy :D It is lovely to see the youngsters doing so well.

June Jonigk said:
quintessence said:
I'm going to have to ask one of my questions again (oh can't you just tell I'm a showie) but what is a Sporting Championship?  I am getting my head round it all I promise and then something comes up that I don't know about.

Jenny

We will get you racing yet Jenny :thumbsup: The Sporting Championships is the same as one of the opens, but it's completely independent of the WCRA or any other governing body. They normally run a couple of Championships a year, and if you win the main final of a weight group, your dog then is given the title of Sporting Champion. It's not recognised by the WCRA, but nonetheless a great achievement :thumbsup:

Thanks June :thumbsup: One day, you never know ;)

Congratulations to all - looks like you had a fabulous day! Im gutted we couldnt make it, but am off work again today as not feeling well atall :(

Looking forward to Andover on sat and maybe Cotswolds on sunday (if I can find out if we are still entered or not)

Darcia said:
Congratulations to all - looks like you had a fabulous day! Im gutted we couldnt make it, but am off work again today as not feeling well atall  :(
Looking forward to Andover on sat and maybe Cotswolds on sunday (if I can find out if we are still entered or not)

shame you missed it darcia :huggles: hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

see you at andover saturday :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE] to all the runners and finalists yesterday! :thumbsup:

We had a few downpours but the weather could have been a lot worse!

Big thanks to all who helped on the line and with the traps, and also to Ian on the bike. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here are pictures of some (but not all!) of the finals. :)

2008SpChamps1.jpg

2008SpChamps4.jpg

2008SpChamps5.jpg

2008SpChamps7.jpg

2008SpChamps9.jpg

2008SpChamps10.jpg

2008SpChamps12.jpg

2008SpChamps14.jpg

2008SpChamps15.jpg

2008SpChamps16.jpg

... more to follow ...

Wow lovely pictures Rob & Kay :thumbsup: .Love the first 2 of our Sporting Champ Summa Breeze gaining her title :huggles: oh and of course her Dad helping out in the traps :thumbsup:

thanks to you rob and kay for the pics,its not often i get pics of mine :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back