The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sspca Kennels Lanarkshire

bluesky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone,i have just seen the saddest thing.Looking on the sspca web sit i came upon a picture of a young male whippet.8-12 months.He was found abandoned and even although he has been chipped they cannot find the owners and he is now looking for a new family.I hope that posting this may give him a better chance of finding his forever home. :luck: to the poor wee guy.

Hi everyone,i have just seen the saddest thing.Looking on the sspca web sit i came upon a picture of a young male whippet.8-12 months.He was found abandoned and even although he has been chipped they cannot find the owners and he is now looking for a new family.I hope that posting this may give him a better chance of finding his forever home. :luck: to the poor wee guy.
I also saw this. Imagine that there are owners out there worried about him and can't quite work out how come they cant be traced through the microchip as I thought thats what microchips were for! This is quite worrying particularly after the recent story of the man who lost access to his dog after it had been rehomed by a rescue centre. Having said all that, assuming the people don't wish to be found, I'm after another whippet to love and wonder if Lanarkshires a little far from Portsmouth?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also saw this. Imagine that there are owners out there worried about him and can't quite work out how come they cant be traced through the microchip as I thought thats what microchips were for! This is quite worrying particularly after the recent story of the man who lost access to his dog after it had been rehomed by a rescue centre. Having said all that, assuming the people don't wish to be found, I'm after another whippet to love and wonder if Lanarkshires a little far from Portsmouth?

phone and ask, whats the worst that may happen :b

good luck if you do phone, i saw him last week and posted about him in the dogs rehoming bit. if it wasnt for the fact they didnt want him to go with kids i would probabily have phoned to. :(

hope he gets a home soon :huggles:

Has anyone got the link? I'm confused about the microchip bit, and would like to know it's about people moving and not changing contact details or not answering any contact rather than a technical reason :unsure:

TCx

the microchips just have a no. Once that no. has been scanned, you have to get in touch with whatever organisation has the database - usually petlog. I think they usually just have the pet name, description of the dog and the owners' address and phone no. Sometimes people move house or the dog moves on to new ownership and they don't bother to update the details. There is an option of registering an alternative contact in case the owner can't be contacted. I put down the details of a boarding kennel where my dogs stay on occasion; listing the breeder would be another option.

I think someone said on the new rehoming section that the owner didn't want the dog back. I don't know whether they have inside info or have made an assumption. Without any more info, I would say it's more likely the owner couldn't be located. But let's say the owner didn't want the dog back, it is very unlikely that the SPCA would ask who the breeder was. Even if the breeder finds out about this dog, unfortunately it is likely that the rescue centre would not let him/her have the dog. worth a try, however, if anyone in the area wants to contact the RSPCA re exploring this avenue

If you were interested in this young lad you would have to contact the SSPCA not the RSPCA they are two totally separate organisations. :thumbsup:

he is lovely...I thought microchips included DOB so how they have said he is between 8-12months

xx

he is lovely...I thought microchips included DOB so how they have said he is between 8-12months
xx
I've just looked at the Petlog official paperwork for my dogs, and it just seems to show the year of birth, not the actual date, and only the pet name of the dog. However, the paperwork that I filled in at the time of microchipping (of which I have copies) does have the full date of birth and the KC Registration No. (if applicable). Therefore I assume they do have the full date of birth on their records, and if they have a KC Reg No. as well, then they ought to be able to trace the breeder of the dog.

maybe the chip has gone faulty?? :unsure: and thats why they cant contactthe owner?

Last edited by a moderator:
he looks very similiar to biscuit who was 12months 15 jan...he is from the dogs trust (glasgow) handed in due to ill health..but we have his vaccine record although no kc registration...which could be because A...he didn't have one or B the dogs trust kept it...

xxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back