The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Tech help please!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ooh yes, it's much better - thank you Josie and Oli! I've turned my adblocker off again to raise a few pence. Though the ad software thinks I might be interested in virtual dating!

For me the ads don't worry me, I just skip past them. I expect the people that pay to have them on will not want to hear that but I find the same with the telly. Every now and again someone asks what I thought of some advert or other and all I can say is I hadn't seen it though I had watched the prog it was shown in. I guess my brain just filters adverts out from my mind.

I had a look yesterday at the ad block thing and I always get really nervous downloading/installing, well, anything really!
So haven't done it ... yet...I always feel a bit like a fish out of water and I think I am just way too suspicious when something is free(present company of this lovely forum excepted!;))..

Yes me too.
I have noticed that the ads are much less invasive this afternoon. Much better:rolleyes:

I was really surprised at the amount of ads on the site when I signed in just now on my iPhone. Usually I use my iPad on which I’ve now installed the Adblock app following JudyN’s guidance.However if Josie does get revenue from such promotions would it not make sense to unblock my iPad (or access the site from my iPhone) say for the first visit of the day? Do I have to buy something from these advertisers for the site to get any revenue from them? The chances are really slim that I’d ever want ‘Dragracing stats’ nor ‘premium leather gear’ let alone a ‘Talking Tom’.

Do I have to buy something from these advertisers for the site to get any revenue from them?

I think it depends on what advertising software is used and how it's set up - it can be clicks on the advert, or views. If it's views, I've wondered what happens about the ads right at the bottom of the page - whether they raise revenue if you never scroll down that far.

It's a great improvement and much less intrusive now.

Apart from the "dog training collar" that is.

Last edited:
We still have some work to do with toning down the adverts further but glad they seem better.

Please do not hesitate to put ad blockers on if they annoy you like Judy mentioned. Sometimes they pop up with something that actually might be useful and then other times you think what a load of rubbish! So it’s really personal preference.

Regards to the dog training collar I have spoken to Oliver and I don’t think we have much control over it being shown but I’ll do my best to get that one removed.

We are continuing to work on how best to improve the site so always welcome constructive feedback.

It's a great improvement and much less intrusive now.

Apart from the "dog training collar" that is.

Yes, I just logged on on a different device and I got the anti bark collar advert too :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back