The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Brothers Mallyfield

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
for18-2.jpg

What wonderful pictures of Jess with her "kids" :wub: :wub:

Love the one of Finn and Vixen at full stretch too :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww thank you TC and annie for putting those on, they really are a wonderful litter - such handsome boys :wub: no idea how you chose TC!
I chose the one I thought would be the best in the ring, on the track and in the field, based on my experience of chosing potential at a young age. I chose the one I'd had my eye on from the beginning, and if he'd been firstborn he'd have been mine from the get go, but as it was a smaller black was born first and I said if I turn him over and he's got a willy then I'm having him. I did, and he had, so I said he's mine. Then a fawn bitch was born and then Badger, and then I baulked as I thought he was stunning, and I'd already promised myself the little black. Sadly, he died at five days old and I was left with the dilemma of whether to go against what I'd said and have Badge, or listen to a scary voice in my head that said he was going to be too big. At five weeks he looked delicious and his temperament was perfect for me, his confirmation certainly seemed potentially wonderful and so I said I'd like him, and then Mally told TMC she could have the blue lad and she was well chuffed. If I thought the blue was the better dog, I would have walked away without one, as I knew I could only have one more and it HAD to be B&W! Luckily, I thought (personally) that the B&W was better for what I wanted, so it all worked out perfectly for everyone.

At the end of the day, I chose the one I liked best, and as we told the slipper last Sunday, TMC was willing me to chose Badger anyway as she wanted the blue, so she was over the moon when I chose the black and white and left her with the blue.

Anyway, waffling again!

TCx

Awww thank you TC and annie for putting those on, they really are a wonderful litter - such handsome boys :wub: no idea how you chose TC!
I chose the one I thought would be the best in the ring, on the track and in the field, based on my experience of chosing potential at a young age. I chose the one I'd had my eye on from the beginning, and if he'd been firstborn he'd have been mine from the get go, but as it was a smaller black was born first and I said if I turn him over and he's got a willy then I'm having him. I did, and he had, so I said he's mine. Then a fawn bitch was born and then Badger, and then I baulked as I thought he was stunning, and I'd already promised myself the little black. Sadly, he died at five days old and I was left with the dilemma of whether to go against what I'd said and have Badge, or listen to a scary voice in my head that said he was going to be too big. At five weeks he looked delicious and his temperament was perfect for me, his confirmation certainly seemed potentially wonderful and so I said I'd like him, and then Mally told TMC she could have the blue lad and she was well chuffed. If I thought the blue was the better dog, I would have walked away without one, as I knew I could only have one more and it HAD to be B&W! Luckily, I thought (personally) that the B&W was better for what I wanted, so it all worked out perfectly for everyone.

At the end of the day, I chose the one I liked best, and as we told the slipper last Sunday, TMC was willing me to chose Badger anyway as she wanted the blue, so she was over the moon when I chose the black and white and left her with the blue.

Anyway, waffling again!

TCx
LOL I'm too busy confIrming things at work! This should have been confOrmation :b (w00t) :-

TCx

Always good when it works out well for both parties :thumbsup:

Funnily enough I would have walked away if offered Badger. Finn was my first whippet (but far from my first dog), where Badger was TC's 4th whippet I think (both of us seem to have built a sizeable whippet collection within 2 or 3 years of acquiring the first ... and I don't think I've stopped yet (w00t) ), so I had less whippety experience than TC but plenty of experience of choosing dogs with the potential to do the things I wanted them to do. Finn was chosen first and foremost to be an agility dog, something he excels at, although these days the lure coursing is taking over because he and I both love it best. He wasn't chosen to be a worker (not really my thing ... can't abide ferrets), or a show dog (not my thing either, although he's not done so badly there on the very few outings he's had in the ring, both at KC and working dog shows), or a track racer (good thing as he is 21" tts).

Badger has always had a certain presence, even as a pup, he's a real showman :) But my gentle, intelligent, loving blue boy is everything I have ever wanted in a dog and more :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm not surprised TC thinks she got the best deal, how could she think otherwise, but I know I did :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It was obviously just meant to be then and both of you got your perfect boys!

Look frward to seeing what the wonderful Vixen produces ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back