The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2007

Drift

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The 9th Annual Cornish Lurcher Championships is being held at The lurcher Showground on the 18th and 19th of August

Saturday- Open Show

Saturday is an open show that gives all Lurchers a day to prepare for the Championships the next day and as of this year will also include the Endurance Challenge.

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Puppy Showing

Showing

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Under 23 inch Straight Racing

23 inch and Over Straight Racing

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies are awarded to all Champions, Reserves and extra class winners

New for 2007 - Endurance Challenge

All Lurchers entered into any working event on Saturday will be automatically entered into the Endurance Challenge at no additional cost. Each Lurcher will receive one point for entering an event and will be given a further point for each round that they are successful in. After each event the scores will be added together and displayed for owners to track their dogs progression. Then at the end of the day the points will be accumulated and a total will be reached so we will be able to announce the most successful all-round Working Lurcher.

(In the event of a Tie, priority will be given to the dog that was entered into the most events as we are testing endurance and these dogs will have had a more strenuous day)

There will be Trophies for the Winner and Reserve and Rossettes to third place.

Sunday - The Cornish Lurcher Championships

14 'Best in Corwall' Titles to be won

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies to Champions, Reserves and extra class champions

The Championships are also sponsored by Royal Canin

for any further information please visit The Lurcher Showground

or call Linda and Keith on 01326 340438

Good luck one and all!

2006champsx750.jpg

Drift said:
The 9th Annual Cornish Lurcher Championships is being held at The lurcher Showground on the 18th and 19th of August
Saturday- Open Show

Saturday is an open show that gives all Lurchers a day to prepare for the Championships the next day and as of this year will also include the Endurance Challenge.

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Puppy Showing

Showing

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies are awarded to all Champions, Reserves and extra class winners

New for 2007 - Endurance Challenge

All Lurchers entered into any working event on Saturday will be automatically entered into the Endurance Challenge at no additional cost. Each Lurcher will receive one point for entering an event and will be given a further point for each round that they are successful in. After each event the scores will be added together and displayed for owners to track their dogs progression. Then at the end of the day the points will be accumulated and a total will be reached so we will be able to announce the most successful all-round Working Lurcher.

(In the event of a Tie, priority will be given to the dog that was entered into the most events as we are testing endurance and these dogs will have had a more strenuous day)

There will be Trophies for the Winner and Reserve and Rossettes to third place.

Sunday - The Cornish Lurcher Championships

14 'Best in Corwall' Titles to be won

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies to Champions, Reserves and extra class champions

The Championships are also sponsored by Royal Canin

for any further information please visit The Lurcher Showground

or call Linda and Keith on 01326 340438

Good luck one and all!

2006champsx750.jpg

look forward to the day not bad 3 of our dogs are on there out of 8,mark

GOOD PHOTO ! WHAT DOG ONE WHAT IN PICTURE? PLEASE

2006 Cornish Champions

from left to right:

Triple Jump - Tim Field and Whiskey

Long Jump - Mark Hitchen and Lady

Puppy Racing - Mark Hitchen and Cat

Hurdles - Marnie Stewart-Smith and Saxon

23 inch and Over Racing - Bernard Rogerson and Darcy

Under 23 inch Racing - Jo Orcheston and Jet

Simulated Coursing - Graham Longdon and Pebble

Showing - Maria Pether and Meadow

Puppy Showing - Tom Smith and Jade

hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
whiskeys broke the little bones around his hock £2500 no insurance hes now retired at least weve got his pups mark

since some people will be doing both days and the dogs will be runing the simulated will the organisers be changing the coarse on the 2nd day??????????and will they change it for the smis each day,only a question as iam sure most will think its a good idea but i will get shit for asking mark

ooh poor whiskey! hope he's ok! :(

yeah it's a valid question Mark don't be worried about asking anything like that.

We have 3 exits from our coursing slip so we always make sure that we change the course on the second day and we are happy to change it before either the semi-final or final on both days too.

We always try to make the events as fair as we can :)

barkingbird said:
ooh poor whiskey! hope he's ok!  :(
yeah it's a valid question Mark don't be worried about asking anything like that.

We have 3 exits from our coursing slip so we always make sure that we change the course on the second day and we are happy to change it before either the semi-final or final on both days too.

We always try to make the events as fair as we can  :)

i think it would be a great idea to change the course as many times a possible and esp after each day mark

yeah i agree!

we did change it last year but after the skinful you had on the Saturday night you may not have noticed ha ha ;)

it was great fun though :D

barkingbird said:
yeah i agree!
we did change it last year but after the skinful you had on the Saturday night you may not have noticed ha ha  ;)

it was great fun though  :D

i cant remember i remember winning on the saturday but not on the sunday

Hey Claina.How's thing's.Am keeping my finger's x for that pup to do well in the puppy racing.Dont know if you remember me ever saying anything about the bitch i had out of Cornish Bob,to my Tarn bitch,a few year's ago.And that i gave her away to a hunting home,when i packed the game in.Well she turned up at the show we were running yesterday,and was in perfect condition.The other thing is ,that she is in season.This wee bitch was about 1/2 a second faster than Megan around the track,for 500 yrds,and 6/7 length's faster up the field,over 300.Turn's out they tried to breed her last time,which was the only other time she broke.This wasnt a success,as she was in bad nick.This time though,she's perfect,and we are discussing a stud for her.She was 2nd yesterday,in the under's,and has'nt raced for over 5 year's,in a fit condition.They did try her at a show or 2 over the last 5 years,but only one or 2,and she was in desperate condition at the time.I may have missed Megan,with being away on holiday's,and not being able to sort a dog out for her at the moment,so this might be an omen.Will let you know what happen's anyway. ...Billy...

PS.Good luck with the Championship's.

billyboy45 said:
Hey Claina.How's thing's.Am keeping my finger's x for that pup to do well in the puppy racing.Dont know if you remember me ever saying anything about the bitch i had out of Cornish Bob,to my Tarn bitch,a few year's ago.And that i gave her away to a hunting home,when i packed the game in.Well she turned up at the show we were running yesterday,and was in perfect condition.The other thing is ,that she is in season.This wee bitch was about 1/2 a second faster than Megan around the track,for 500 yrds,and 6/7 length's faster up the field,over 300.Turn's out they tried to breed her last time,which was the only other time she broke.This wasnt a success,as she was in bad nick.This time though,she's perfect,and we are discussing a stud for her.She was 2nd yesterday,in the under's,and has'nt raced for over 5 year's,in a fit condition.They did try her at a show or 2 over the last 5 years,but only one or 2,and she was in desperate condition at the time.I may have missed Megan,with being away on holiday's,and not being able to sort a dog out for her at the moment,so this might be an omen.Will let you know what happen's anyway.    ...Billy...

you should get yourself over billy now you have a bit of interest in cornwall :thumbsup:

markbrick said:
billyboy45 said:
Hey Claina.How's thing's.Am keeping my finger's x for that pup to do well in the puppy racing.Dont know if you remember me ever saying anything about the bitch i had out of Cornish Bob,to my Tarn bitch,a few year's ago.And that i gave her away to a hunting home,when i packed the game in.Well she turned up at the show we were running yesterday,and was in perfect condition.The other thing is ,that she is in season.This wee bitch was about 1/2 a second faster than Megan around the track,for 500 yrds,and 6/7 length's faster up the field,over 300.Turn's out they tried to breed her last time,which was the only other time she broke.This wasnt a success,as she was in bad nick.This time though,she's perfect,and we are discussing a stud for her.She was 2nd yesterday,in the under's,and has'nt raced for over 5 year's,in a fit condition.They did try her at a show or 2 over the last 5 years,but only one or 2,and she was in desperate condition at the time.I may have missed Megan,with being away on holiday's,and not being able to sort a dog out for her at the moment,so this might be an omen.Will let you know what happen's anyway.    ...Billy...

you should get yourself over billy now you have a bit of interest in cornwall :thumbsup:

Mark.Believe me when i say,that when im ready,i'll be there.I have more interest over in Cornwall,than anyone know's about.Well a few do.

well i wish you the best of luck as this season is my last in the shows,ive got my new dog as someone put on here,and its a patterdale terrier iam sticking to what i know thats field work with my dogs thats were the heart is ive cleaned up in the last 2 yrs,now its pups for sale :thumbsup: mark

billyboy45 said:

Hi Billy,

yep, sounds like too good of an opportunity to miss to me especially if you have missed Megan this time round. Hope it's successful for you :)

We are really excited about giving Stern his first run at the Championships and will certainly keep you posted!

Looks like you are gonna be having a great weekend at Stormys show this weekend, i look forward to reading about how it all goes. you gonna be running any of your pups there?

it has come to my attention a few people are trying to say my little merle,the 28 llb best coarsing dog in the uk is a barger ???????????? can you verify what you good people at the cornish showground class as barging,you all know the dog as do people all over the country and we all know she doesnt barge if you cant beat her disqualife her :oops: mark

markbrick said:
it has come to my attention a few people are trying to say my little merle,the 28 llb best coarsing dog in the uk is a barger ???????????? can you verify what you good people at the cornish showground class as barging,you all know the dog as do people all over the country and we all know she doesnt barge if you cant beat her disqualife her :oops: mark
THIS ISNT DIRECTED AT THE CORNISH SHOWGROUND ORGANISERS ,THANKS MARK

We look at where the dogs attention is in the Coursing Mark,

If one dog turns its head and 'intentionally interferes' with the other dog then its concentration is on the other dog instead of the lure so we eliminate it and automatically put the other one through to the next round.

I dont recall any of our stewards ever having any cause to eliminate any of your dogs.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

thankyou,i know the dogs dont barge i suppose its a way to stop them runing thensomeone else might get a trophy and if they did i wouldnt run them full stop mark

Hope u win summit at this racin mark hate to see growin men stamp there feet and av a big lip on lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back