The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2007

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
markbrick said:
STEVE180 said:
stormydog said:
http://www.thelurchershowground.co.uk/
what a cracking place......kinda tempted though ive an english event every fortnight so dont think i could do 3 weeks on the trot.

i noticed an interesting line in the website above the picture of the ground....

(a Lurcher is a Longdog cross of no more than 7/8ths of any one breed)

i know a few who shouldnt be there then  :lol:    :lol:    :- "

your views please................and i dont want the "2 usuals" going on about their "world champion life saving- scientist -dogs"  and how their dogs cleared  20 buses on a motorbike whilst skinning rabbits that they needed for tea because there was no shops that sold dog food around  :eek:    :- "   :lol:

Good point mate.what are the club views on running a Whippet x Grey or Non-Ped.

i would say enter it in the endurance thing on saturday :lol: :lol: see how good it really is, all its got to do is simulated,longjump,hurdles ,speedjump and then racing if there is anything left in it,thats why lurchers were formed,STAMINA

I think I will leave it,As the club doesn't give off a very open competion impression.Sorry all.Thats all for now.Off to find some stamina. :lol:

also would a whippet track let lurchers run with the whippets are a non ped meeting let rough coat lurchers NO WAY

I DO NOT AGREE WITH U VERY MUCH MARK BUT THIS POINT IS SO TRUE,IV SAID IT FOR YEARS :thumbsup:

Barring the odd rough coat lurcher that has some speed and could give a good show of itself in non-peds and I mean real speed that you get ocaisionally not cosistantly bred off of these types,The non-peds are alot faster and a bedlington/whippet would not be able to compete at there level.If these rough coated lurchers were so fast and better,Why haven't they been used in the non-ped circuit.I have let my 38lb non-ped race around the track with a couple of honest greyhounds.But they are twice his size and weight,not practical.

Don't believe Linda and Keith have any problems with what type of crosses take part.Hope you all have a great weekend :D Karen

THECAP said:
also would a whippet track let lurchers run with the whippets are a non ped meeting let rough coat lurchers NO WAY

I DO NOT AGREE WITH U VERY MUCH MARK BUT THIS POINT IS SO TRUE,IV SAID IT FOR YEARS :thumbsup:

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LURCHER RACING NUMPTY, STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW BEST, WHICH IS ................................................................................

.................................................................................

............................................MMMMM CANT THINK OF ANY THING

barkingbird said:
THECAP said:
Hope u win summit at this racin mark hate to see growin men stamp there feet and av a big lip on lol
lets nip this in the bud to avoid involving moderators, too many other show organisers have had their threads hijacked and these types of comments just aren't constructive.

please dont bring any arguments or personal agendas onto our thread, if you want to direct your personal comments at someone please do so on your own thread or via PM.

Many Thanks

The Lurcher Showground

Tomthumb, i am re posting this for your benefit, so please don't post on any of our threads again. Keith.

Drift said:
barkingbird said:
THECAP said:
Hope u win summit at this racin mark hate to see growin men stamp there feet and av a big lip on lol
lets nip this in the bud to avoid involving moderators, too many other show organisers have had their threads hijacked and these types of comments just aren't constructive.

please dont bring any arguments or personal agendas onto our thread, if you want to direct your personal comments at someone please do so on your own thread or via PM.

Many Thanks

The Lurcher Showground

Tomthumb, i am re posting this for your benefit, so please don't post on any of our threads again. Keith.

SORRY KEITH, BUT I'M HAVING A BAD DAY TODAY. AND I PROMISE I WILL NOT POST ON YOUR THREAD AGAIN X MY HEART AND HOPE 2 DIE.

PS LOVE YOUR TROPHIES FOR YOUR NEXT SHOW :thumbsup: (GIVE YOUR FRIEND MARK A BIG KISS WHEN YOU SEE HIM AGAIN 4 ME :wub: )

TOMTHUMB

TOMTHUMB said:
Drift said:
barkingbird said:
THECAP said:

Many Thanks

The Lurcher Showground

SORRY KEITH, BUT I'M HAVING A BAD DAY TODAY. AND I PROMISE I WILL NOT POST ON YOUR THREAD AGAIN X MY HEART AND HOPE 2 DIE.

PS LOVE YOUR TROPHIES FOR YOUR NEXT SHOW :thumbsup: (GIVE YOUR FRIEND MARK A BIG KISS WHEN YOU SEE HIM AGAIN 4 ME :wub: )

TOMTHUMB

:D I'm going to hold you to that, Tom.

... watching you :ph34r:

... be an o:) now, not a :devil: or even a :clown:

Drift said:
The 9th Annual Cornish Lurcher Championships is being held at The lurcher Showground on the 18th and 19th of August
Saturday- Open Show

Saturday is an open show that gives all Lurchers a day to prepare for the Championships the next day and as of this year will also include the Endurance Challenge.

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Puppy Showing

Showing

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Under 23 inch Straight Racing

23 inch and Over Straight Racing

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies are awarded to all Champions, Reserves and extra class winners

New for 2007 - Endurance Challenge

All Lurchers entered into any working event on Saturday will be automatically entered into the Endurance Challenge at no additional cost. Each Lurcher will receive one point for entering an event and will be given a further point for each round that they are successful in. After each event the scores will be added together and displayed for owners to track their dogs progression. Then at the end of the day the points will be accumulated and a total will be reached so we will be able to announce the most successful all-round Working Lurcher.

(In the event of a Tie, priority will be given to the dog that was entered into the most events as we are testing endurance and these dogs will have had a more strenuous day)

There will be Trophies for the Winner and Reserve and Rossettes to third place.

Sunday - The Cornish Lurcher Championships

14 'Best in Corwall' Titles to be won

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Under 23 inch Straight Racing

23 inch and Over Straight Racing

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies to Champions, Reserves and extra class champions

The Championships are also sponsored by Royal Canin

for any further information please visit The Lurcher Showground

or call Linda and Keith on 01326 340438

Good luck one and all!

2006champsx750.jpg

Five days to go before the comptitions begin :thumbsup:

With 29 Champions over the weekend we are in for some good sport.

Look forward to seeing you all :cheers: . Keith.

THIS IS THE SHOW FOLKS,RUN BY A GROUP OF EXPERIANCED PEOPLE WHO ARE FAIR :thumbsup: AND HONEST,THERE WILL BE NO CHEATING ON THE DAY SO FOR A FEW THEY MIGHT AS WELL STAY AT HOME :lol: THERES ALWAYS WATER AROUND THE SHOW GROUND AND SHADE IF ITS SUNNY ARE COVER IF ITS WINDY,mark

TOMTHUMB said:
THECAP said:

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LURCHER RACING NUMPTY, STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW BEST, WHICH IS ................................................................................

.................................................................................

............................................MMMMM CANT THINK OF ANY THING

OUTCH BITE ME ,BEST THING FOR U NOT THINKIN ITS SPELLS DANGER FOR U DUCKY

Last edited by a moderator:
what are you on now tom tit as your mother upted your medication

Just thought we'd give you a quick look at the Race Track as it is now. Our son took this on his mobile yesterday!

12082007135Large.jpg

now thats nice iam so sorry tom tit wont be there with his greyhound :lol: :lol:

we've been getting some pm's and emails regarding how certain events are going to work or are going to be scored so we've quickly tried to compile some information that we hope will answer a few questions.

please excuse the rushed nature of the page, we will edit it as soon as we are able :unsure:

Working Event Information

oh and we will try to post a picture of this years special raffle this evening - it's a beaut! :)

what time does the show start on saturday and sunday?

is this the booking in time or the actual ready on line for the first event?

thankyou

Hi jml,

we take entries from 9am and start with the Simulated Coursing when the first card is full which is normally approx 9.30 am

see you then :)

do you have room on your mantlepiece for this years special raffle?!?

to be drawn after the Championship presentation on sunday afternoon

2007%20special%20raffle.jpg

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY FOR THIS WEEKEND ,HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN INCIDENT FREE AND GOOD WEEKEND, :cheers: MARK

Hi Claina,Linda & Keith.Was just thinkin ,that if i had'nt just splashed out £350.00 on my new camera today(well yesterday realy,as the first one i bought was banjaxed,as the focus would'nt work),then i might have been able to make it.Unfortunately not this year,but deffo next year,as i hope to have another reason for going as well.Briliant trophie's on offer,and that ground look's,as Geoff Fletcher would say,the Bee's knee's.Hope all goes well for everyone this weekend,and that all dog's return home safe and uninjured.Hopefully there will be a few of us over next year.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back