The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2008

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( Can't see any pictures on the miscellaneous bit of photo bucket, am i the only one who is having this problem?????

:thumbsup: Diane.

hey just been on the photobucket and no misc photos up yet i spect they have a few to get through but have uploaded the racing videos and they are good .

all names and results are up :D

barkingbird said:
Full results are posted on The Lurcher Showground website, you only get the highlights here  ;)
clicky my sig!  :thumbsup:

Thanx so much barkingbird - I didn't know that! :) :)

jml said:
HAS ANYONE GOT ANY RESULTS? :cheers:
Our dog Chopper was doing brilliant in the endurance,he was joint 3rd until he sustained an injury which finished his weekend :( .We were gutted but we decided to enter him in the showing, he got a 1st in the smooth dog under 23" and 3rd in the puppy showing so we were over the moon with that! Great weekend :cheers:

:thumbsup: welldone russel with ash that dog is running very well. well deserved :thumbsup: :luck: in future daz

cyfrin said:
:thumbsup:   :thumbsup: CONGRATS to all!  I hear it was a fabulous, but very long day!Sending special  :huggles: to Maria & Brian Pether whose gorgeous dogs are grandfather & grandson!!  Quite a feat :)

Maria Pether and Rebus - Puppy Showing

Brian Pether and Goran - Showing

I do believe this thread ought to list the results class by class tho' as Goran & Rebus did superbly in their respective classes!  :)) Both are true champs! ;)   Does anyone have a full list?

:blink: I am sure you all know, but I should have made the point that Maria owns both boys!

What a fantastic weekend (w00t)

Me and my dog had a great time and were real chuffed to go home with 2 championships, hurdles and triple jump.

thanks to everyone for everything they done and thanks to the palmer family for all their hard work. Im looking for ward to next year.

Mark done a fantastic job with the judging - just a shame you took so long, we might not have got quite so wet if you didnt!! :cheers: :cheers: :p

Only joking mate!!

can any one tell me how to upload a photo on to a post? :blink:

Drift said:
The 10th Annual Cornish Lurcher Championships and The Endurance Challenge are being held at The lurcher Showground on the 16th and 17th of August 2008.
This year The Endurance Challenge is the focus for the whole of Saturday, And now with Prize Money!

There will be a cap on the gate, a £10 entry fee per dog that will automatically enter your Lurcher into all five of our working events where they will be judged on a point system, each Lurcher will receive one point for entering an event and will be given a further point for each round that they are successful in. After each event the scores will be added together and displayed for owners and spectators to track the dogs progression. Then at the end of the day the points will be accumulated and a total will be reached so we will be able to announce the most successful all-round Working Lurcher.

There will be a cash prize of £80 for the Winner,£40 for Reserve, and third will recieve £20,

We will also be presenting Personalised Certificates as keepsakes of the day along with Rossettes to the top six place winners .

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Straight Racing

This exciting open event gives all Lurchers a day to recover from their journey, get used to our grounds, and to prepare for the Championships the next day.

After the Competition has ended all entrants are invited to join us that evening for a free barbeque with mulled wine on site to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Cornish Lurcher Championships.

Sunday - The Cornish Lurcher Championships

14 'Best in Cornwall' Titles to be won

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Under 23 inch Straight Racing

23 inch and Over Straight Racing

Puppy Straight Racing

Trophies to Champions, Reserves and extra class champions

Keeping in mind how expensive going to shows can be, we are happy to say that we are able to hold our prices once again this year so Sundays gate entry is just £2-50 per person (with the usual concessions of £1 for children and OAPs) all of Sunday’s classes are £1-50 per entry and on site Camping is available and is still only £3-00 for a pitch per night (please confirm). We hope that this all makes for a brilliantly action packed yet affordable weekend and one not to be missed.

Signposted on the A394 Falmouth to Helston road, Cornwall.

For any further information click on my signature for our website

or call Linda and Keith on 01326 340438

Good luck one and all!

HUGE THANKS to Linda & Keith & all their family for another well run show. I am beginning to understand now the MASSIVE amount work that goes into all the organisation (and that was only a one day show) It really is appreciated by alot more people than you realise. The fact that the dog food company ROYAL CANIN provided amazing sponsorship says it all !! Please note ! don't get your lurcher get hooked on it @ £39 a 15kg sack, (w00t) but I really think it is the best !!!!

Despite my hounds winning 2 of the showing championships, I was most impressed by the judge's (Mark Hitchen) treatment of dogs & exhibitors. No one can moan at this show that EVERY hound shown did not get their money's worth, I have not seen such a thorough examination of hounds being shown for a long time & every dog had the same amount of time- even the 'baby' puppies. Also I did notice how everybody ringside clapped all class winners, which seems to be missing at other shows. Such a friendly crowd.

As ever the running track was in perfect condition- it is still the BEST.

Here's to the next 10 years !!

Hope you are all having a well deserved rest.

Goran said:
Drift said:
The 10th Annual Cornish Lurcher Championships and The Endurance Challenge are being held at The lurcher Showground on the 16th and 17th of August 2008.
This year The Endurance Challenge is the focus for the whole of Saturday, And now with Prize Money!

There will be a cap on the gate, a £10 entry fee per dog that will automatically enter your Lurcher into all five of our working events where they will be judged on a point system, each Lurcher will receive one point for entering an event and will be given a further point for each round that they are successful in. After each event the scores will be added together and displayed for owners and spectators to track the dogs progression. Then at the end of the day the points will be accumulated and a total will be reached so we will be able to announce the most successful all-round Working Lurcher.

There will be a cash prize of £80 for the Winner,£40 for Reserve, and third will recieve £20,

We will also be presenting Personalised Certificates as keepsakes of the day along with Rossettes to the top six place winners .

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Straight Racing

This exciting open event gives all Lurchers a day to recover from their journey, get used to our grounds, and to prepare for the Championships the next day.

After the Competition has ended all entrants are invited to join us that evening for a free barbeque with mulled wine on site to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Cornish Lurcher Championships.

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Puppy Straight Racing

Keeping in mind how expensive going to shows can be, we are happy to say that we are able to hold our prices once again this year so Sundays gate entry is just £2-50 per person (with the usual concessions of £1 for children and OAPs) all of Sunday’s classes are £1-50 per entry and on site Camping is available and is still only £3-00 for a pitch per night (please confirm). We hope that this all makes for a brilliantly action packed yet affordable weekend and one not to be missed.

Good luck one and all!

HUGE THANKS to Linda & Keith & all their family for another well run show. I am beginning to understand now the MASSIVE amount work that goes into all the organisation (and that was only a one day show) It really is appreciated by alot more people than you realise. The fact that the dog food company ROYAL CANIN provided amazing sponsorship says it all !! Please note ! don't get your lurcher get hooked on it @ £39 a 15kg sack, (w00t) but I really think it is the best !!!!

Despite my hounds winning 2 of the showing championships, I was most impressed by the judge's (Mark Hitchen) treatment of dogs & exhibitors. No one can moan at this show that EVERY hound shown did not get their money's worth, I have not seen such a thorough examination of hounds being shown for a long time & every dog had the same amount of time- even the 'baby' puppies. Also I did notice how everybody ringside clapped all class winners, which seems to be missing at other shows. Such a friendly crowd.

Goran said:
Drift said:

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Straight Racing

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Puppy Straight Racing

Good luck one and all!

CORNISH SHOWING CHAMPION 'GORAN' owned by Maria Pether,handled by Brian Pether

RESERVE - Rob Ley's 'TWISTER'

Goran said:
Goran said:
Drift said:

events in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Straight Racing

in order:

Simulated Coursing

Hurdles

Showing

Best Brace

Best Veteran

Best Working Condition

Best Rescued/Re-homed

Best Child Handler

Best Puppy

Triple Jump

Long Jump

Puppy Straight Racing

Good luck one and all!

CORNISH SHOWING CHAMPION 'GORAN' owned by Maria Pether,handled by Brian Pether

RESERVE - Rob Ley's 'TWISTER'

TRYING TO POST PICS for the 1st time....hopefully they will follow later !!

Adding these for Maria as she got in a pickle!!

First one ~~

Micheal Hitchen judging

yeah it does tell you how to in the frequently asked questions and answers but i have photo impact and thats straight forward if you have that ill tell you how to do it. otherwise look in the above :D

Goran-Cornwall08.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back