The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2008

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
cyfrin said:
ChampionPupReserve3rdCornwall08.jpg

Thats me and my dog Chopper 3rd in the puppy showing,well pleased :)

Nice pictures, im trying really hard to up load some myself but seem to be struggling, please bear with me!!! :b

gabbitas31 said:
:( Can't see any pictures on the miscellaneous bit of photo bucket, am i the only one who is having this problem?????:thumbsup: Diane.

I've just spent 6 and a half hours on a train back up to the west midlands, i'll post some more pics and videos on photobucket and the full endurance challenge point break down over the next day or 2 as i haven't had much chance yet :)

Thanks Daz Ash is really come into his own this year hope he can keep it up and stay injury free?My under bitch really surprised us with her win (w00t) from breaking her leg 2 years ago, shes just started to get her confidence back,i raced her at bowood(lurcherworld)she won her heat but got caught up in the action and backed off,but after that she didnt look back and completly came into her own on sunday.

Its a little message for everyone reading this,dont give up on a dog because of a broken leg like i nearly did they might repay the vets bill in the end,thanks again to Keith a linda cracking show look forward to next year Russell :cheers:

help iam trying to upload my photos of brindle (w00t) ,again thankyou for a top weekend,i must say though marks dog cat run 18 times at the cornish championship on sunday,and did all the events the day before getting reserve champion,i dont think mck has any bragging rights yet :lol: as would it of beat marks dog if he brought his dog out fresh after it had only been walked and genterly exercised throughout the day like mck dog??????????and cat on her 17th run beat mck s dog did it not but her last run had got to her,russel what is the breeding of your dog??????????????and would you run mark for £100 against cat when she is fresh????????????????come on surely if you want to brag make sure its worth it,

helsbels16 said:
help iam trying to upload my photos of brindle  (w00t) ,again thankyou for a top weekend,i must say though marks dog cat run 18 times at the cornish championship on sunday,and did all the events the day before getting reserve champion,i dont think mck has any bragging rights yet  :lol: as would it of beat marks dog if he brought his dog out fresh after it had only been walked and genterly exercised throughout the day like mck dog??????????and cat on her 17th run beat mck s dog did it not but her last run had got to her,russel what is the breeding of your dog??????????????and would you run mark for £100 against cat when she is fresh????????????????come on surely if you want to brag make sure its worth it,
we've had a nice weekend, lets not start stirring things Helen ;)

barkingbird said:
helsbels16 said:
help iam trying to upload my photos of brindle  (w00t) ,again thankyou for a top weekend,i must say though marks dog cat run 18 times at the cornish championship on sunday,and did all the events the day before getting reserve champion,i dont think mck has any bragging rights yet  :lol: as would it of beat marks dog if he brought his dog out fresh after it had only been walked and genterly exercised throughout the day like mck dog??????????and cat on her 17th run beat mck s dog did it not but her last run had got to her,russel what is the breeding of your dog??????????????and would you run mark for £100 against cat when she is fresh????????????????come on surely if you want to brag make sure its worth it,

sorry but i think it had to be said,thanks again

:thumbsup: Well said Barkingbird, i feel this thread going down hill now, ( I hope not) Diane

marks dog cat has been bred for working not racing....she only races for fun!!..i think it is remarkable the way she came back and run after getting stuffed in the hedge by saxon, which to me says you dont have to put £100 on the table to see which is the best dog!!!..in my opinion she is a strong and couragous dog!!..probably the best in the country..[in my opinion]

i would also like to thank keith and linda for a great weekend!!!

everyone i spoke to thougroughly enjoyed themselves!!! :cheers:

cant wait till next year!!!

This is why we hold different events (Endurance Challenge and one off events in the Championships) as some Lurchers have tons of stamina and can work all day long and some are short burst speed machines.

They each have their talents and we are lucky to own them as they all did us proud :D

helsbels16 said:
barkingbird said:
helsbels16 said:

sorry but i think it had to be said,thanks again

no worries :thumbsup:

HI to hellsbells after reading my previous posts i am confused as to where i have bragged? please highlight this for me as i also do not like the thought of braggers.

I must say though I am very proud of my dog as mark is of his . :cheers:

mck said:
HI to hellsbells after reading my previous posts i am confused as to where i have bragged? please highlight this for me as i also do not like the thought of braggers.
I must say though I am very proud of my dog as mark is of his . :cheers:

hi russel,sorry i felt it had to be said,i think a dog that came reserve which was on its 18th run to a dog that was on its second run and lost to cat on its 1st run has no braggin rights cause you have told a lot of people you beat cat,and we all know there isnt a chance in hell if shes fresh,anyway rant over no hard feelings well done on your 2 wins,

like someone stated marks dog was bred for working not racing, and mine was bred for racing not working.

I prefer the racing thats why i keep my dogs for it, others prefer the other events.

Im happy with the results and they are what they are. I wouldnt try to knock the reasons why your dog won what it won and feel that you should not try to dent the pride I have for mine.

please do not ruin a good show or show topic If you or any others have complaints about me or my dogs pm me dont bring this topic down.

happy racing to all :cheers:

couldnt agree more mck,i dont want to bring an excellant thread down i loved the 2 days and even the showing and usualy i dont like showing :thumbsup: but didnt he do a good job why the hell is there not a few more like him who are unbiased and thorough well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: lets leave it now and move on ive said my bit dont want to go on you did well and congratulations,did you also get somewere with the showing as well?????????/and mark is a true lurcher man so he must of thought highly of your dog,again well done

Was just reading through these posts cant c were russell has been bragging some dogs run better on there second run. The best dog won the straight racing on the day [ASH] u cant take that away from russell . Things dont always go as planned thats racing. And if someone wants to run there dog 18-19 times thats up to them but thats not my way of looking after a dog thats what i call running the legs of a dog. lucky were not having a hot summer [just my opionion]

its.dog.on.day.my.dog.won.endurance.challence.on.sat.2.my.suprrise

all.glory.2.my.dog.BUDDY.not.2.me

i.really.thought.Marks.dog.Kat.would.of.won.the.unders.but.2.my.suprise.Russ'es..dog.won.and.fair.play.2.him.Really.please.4.him.and.2.Ash.winning.

Lets.keep.the.racing.friendly.or.u.wont.see.me.next.year.AT.ALL.

racings.4.fun.not.2.make.enemys!!!!

Joe...... :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back