The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Dog Cafe

@Flobo, it was very interesting: not heard singing quite like that before.
Yuve Yuve Yu is quite catchy isn’t it?
Feeling rather mean, but really hoping our neighbour is able to return to work soon. It is usually really quiet where we live, but since lock down he seems to have invested in every garden gadget going – all motorised and all bl**dy noisy. Perhaps I should play The Hu at full blast to drown him out:D

Those vocals are just a bit too gravelly for me, Flobo!

49817378952_1ddba349f5_c.jpg
Perhaps something less 'gravelly' ...? Though it is rather lively 'music'... :D

I think I'll take the Mongolian throat singing over the yodelling, @Flobo! Though the yodelling is rather more fun to attempt to sing along to. Maybe not while we have the back door open and the neighbours might hear me, they'd probably think I'd done myself a mischief gardening and was now in terrible pain :D

@Finsky, strangely I was compelled to watch way more of that than I felt I should!:eek::D
@Buddy1 Yes there is an awful lot of garden tools and power tools going on around here at the mo aswell, my poor hubby has had neighbours turning up with their broken ones for him to fix too, so far he's had 3 lawnmowers and a strimmer, oh and a sewing machine!! We can't complain really though because they all put up with him reving and setting up the small frame engines and scooters he builds:rolleyes: And yes I reckon play The Hu nice and loud, drown out the power tools, plus it sounds really good nice and loud!!:D

Last edited:
Oh my God, I have only just discovered where all the other emojis live!:emoji_face_palm:

:DIt took me quiet a while too! I still like the original round faces best.

Me too actually, apart from that 'Doh' one!:D

What sort of idiot hound can't get to a greasy baking tray with a sausage on it because there's a dinner plate in front of it? Despite having long legs, a long body, and a long neck?

I've a suspicion that he'd have found a way if he thought we'd left the sausage there by mistake so he had to use his cunning to steal it rather than ask for it.

Today I witnessed my younger one having one of those 'and the penny dropped' moments.
We came from long walk and she looked rather wild with her longish coat and the fact that she has now started shedding it off and is only partially stripped from it.....so I took out the dreaded hair brush in a attempt to tame her looks.
Usually it is not easily done, she ain't keen of the brush :rolleyes: So armed with couple of treaty chews and giving the older one of them first and her brushing. Youngster sat and watched what was happening and she wasn't pleased that she wasn't first one with a chew.
Then it was her turn.....chew dropped on front of her and the brushing started...
At first the usual thing happened, she tried to snatch the brush or bite it and then all of the sudden she just sat still like a statue with the chew in her mouth and 'listened' the brush 'massaging' her back.. you could see that her little brain was ticking over and figuring it all out :eek: That was the moment that she decided it was actually quite nice and not worth of hassle of hunting that brush= the penny dropped!
YAYYYY! I've done it! :D
One day I will achieve same thing with nail clippers ...;)

Oh...oh....nearly forgot! We had another success with her! I got her eating her mince by giving it a little 'spice' with addition of sardines in tomato sauce!
I'm very happy 'mum' now....both dogs have had looooong walk, brush and decent dinner without any 'arguments'. Good day by all means!:)

Today I witnessed my younger one having one of those 'and the penny dropped' moments.
We came from long walk and she looked rather wild with her longish coat and the fact that she has now started shedding it off and is only partially stripped from it.....so I took out the dreaded hair brush in a attempt to tame her looks.
Usually it is not easily done, she ain't keen of the brush :rolleyes: So armed with couple of treaty chews and giving the older one of them first and her brushing. Youngster sat and watched what was happening and she wasn't pleased that she wasn't first one with a chew.
Then it was her turn.....chew dropped on front of her and the brushing started...
At first the usual thing happened, she tried to snatch the brush or bite it and then all of the sudden she just sat still like a statue with the chew in her mouth and 'listened' the brush 'massaging' her back.. you could see that her little brain was ticking over and figuring it all out :eek: That was the moment that she decided it was actually quite nice and not worth of hassle of hunting that brush= the penny dropped!
YAYYYY! I've done it! :D
One day I will achieve same thing with nail clippers ...;)

Oh...oh....nearly forgot! We had another success with her! I got her eating her mince by giving it a little 'spice' with addition of sardines in tomato sauce!
I'm very happy 'mum' now....both dogs have had looooong walk, brush and decent dinner without any 'arguments'. Good day by all means!:)

That's brilliant! Biscuits all round.

I don't know who is out-smarting who...
I was celebrating girls mince eating other day, this morning I couldn't get any more bored looks from them when placing their food plate on the floor. Despite getting all the signals from them for being hungry, they would not even inspect what was on offer :rolleyes:
I decided that different approach was needed...
Took their plate and sat down on the living room floor with them..they watched and waited patiently while I rolled their minced food (with the 'yucky' green bits as well that they don't tend to eat) into small balls and hand fed them one at the time :D
Either they cleared the plate full of food from my hands for being sorry for the effort I had made...or maybe it was the novelty factor.. picnic on the floor with finger food that made them swallow it all? o_O
I wonder if will work again tomorrow....is this hand feeding going to be new norm? :rolleyes: Bloody not.....

Last edited:
Tomorrow you're going to have to shape it into mini-bones with their names written on in liver puree, then they'll be demanding canapes...

Tomorrow you're going to have to shape it into mini-bones with their names written on in liver puree, then they'll be demanding canapes...
Don't give them anymore ideas! I reckon they are able to read....:rolleyes::D

What, like quails' eggs? ;)

What, like quails' eggs? ;)
:D
If I break an egg on their plate, they won't touch it....but drop one on floor by accident and they compete who can lick most of it off! :rolleyes:
Never tried quail egg with them....hmmmm….

Ahhh... Well, you know my big rufty-tufty-everything-tastes-better-with-cow-poo on hound? Don't tell anyone or he'll never live it down, but... when I remember to order them, he has a raw quail egg a day:oops: Hen eggs give him sulphuric farts, even if I give him half a day, and faffing around with fractions of raw egg is too much effort. Quail eggs are the perfect solution!

Though I did discover I had to crack them first. On one occasion I found what looked like a snake egg in his poo:confused: Turned out he'd swallowed a quail egg whole and his stomach acids had dissolved the outer layer of shell but left the membrane completely intact :D

Ahhh... Well, you know my big rufty-tufty-everything-tastes-better-with-cow-poo on hound? Don't tell anyone or he'll never live it down, but... when I remember to order them, he has a raw quail egg a day:oops: Hen eggs give him sulphuric farts, even if I give him half a day, and faffing around with fractions of raw egg is too much effort. Quail eggs are the perfect solution!

Though I did discover I had to crack them first. On one occasion I found what looked like a snake egg in his poo:confused: Turned out he'd swallowed a quail egg whole and his stomach acids had dissolved the outer layer of shell but left the membrane completely intact :D
:D That was worth of waiting for! 'Snake egg' must have been scary thing to find out. So you do inspect his poo then...regularly? o_O;):D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back