The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Dog Cafe

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
On a lighter note, has anyone got any games we can get started on another thread maybe? Some alphabet or word replacement game? I can only think of one from oh scooter pages and that was to replace a word in a song title with a rude one, that ran and ran and got ruder and ruder as you can imagine!:oops::eek::rolleyes::D:D:D

Sounds good to me, Flobo:D You could start one off, and we could try to keep it clean(ish) just so Josie doesn't have to tell us off?

Ok, I'll start a new post;) Just need to put my snake back as she's warmed up sitting with me and is starting to get busy!!

No telling off needed with a bit of rudeness :p and thanks Flobo for getting the games back in action!

it’s been crazy busy with work these last two weeks - which I feel very fortunate about. I’m able to work from home and so is Oliver... day 1 of isolation and he’s moved me out of our shared office and into the kitchen!

Back seat drivers.....:mad: This one managed to turn all the lights on inside the car and activate roadside assistance call, before settling down. I think I like it better when I take my SUV, which has metal barrier behind which he usually sits.
B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Back seat drivers.....:mad: This one managed to turn all the lights on inside the car and activate roadside assistance call, before settling down. I think I like it better when I take my SUV, which has metal barrier behind which he usually sits.
B1.jpg

B2.jpg
AWWWWW....!!! It is hard to say which one is the more handsome out of two of you.. :D;):D ...though I particularly like those floppy ears.. :D

Right...our 'lockdown life' has been lately VERY busy. DH has been preparing our allotment boundary fences to keep our beasts in and we thought we had it all sorted and 'water tight' few days ago..:rolleyes: So...we let the dogs out to test it all.....:rolleyes:
For 3 days they were running around checking out the land enjoying their new freedom, so much so that each evening before they would eat their dinner, they would fall in sleep first to get their energy levels up! So satisfying to see knackered terriers :D
But then day 4, the allotment garden wasn't big enough for the older one....she was working hard to get out to investigate some chicken noises that was coming out from little distance away.
And yep....all of the sudden we noticed that things were little too quiet around us while we were doing our jobs.. older one has managed to find her way out...'PANIC STATIONS!!' Luckily she was soon found...trying to find her way to those chickens :rolleyes:
We found teeny little weak area on the fencing that was giving away just enough for her to squeeze through (talking about only few inches!)....once that was reinforced, we kept eye on her to see where she is heading next. AND YEP...few hours later...she found another teeny place that we couldn't even imagine she would have been able to get through. I managed to only see her tail end and she was off. This time I swiftly climbed over to neighbours side to catch her but she was already running 'wild' :mad:.
Luckily our neighbour's tame cat was walking about and I picked her up for a 'cuddle'...called my 'wild one' to tell I have lovely little pussycat here...and my dog took instant U-turn as she sees a chance of hunting a cat much more interesting challenge :rolleyes:
Now...there was no harm done for the cat..she was safely returned to out of reach area from our dogs and I got my escape artist back where she belong. Work is still on going with fencing...we need to make them not only 'terrier proof' but more like 'bullet proof':rolleyes:
At least the younger one is not trying to get out, she is happy to plod along and 'help' with gardening...and if there is bit of ball games in between jobs, she is happy to stay put.
Well...I better get the dogs out and see if the fencing holds now..she ain't getting through it but does manage to make it underneath it!:mad: Very 'foxy' little one that...

Right...our 'lockdown life' has been lately VERY busy. DH has been preparing our allotment boundary fences to keep our beasts in and we thought we had it all sorted and 'water tight' few days ago..:rolleyes: So...we let the dogs out to test it all.....:rolleyes:
For 3 days they were running around checking out the land enjoying their new freedom, so much so that each evening before they would eat their dinner, they would fall in sleep first to get their energy levels up! So satisfying to see knackered terriers :D
But then day 4, the allotment garden wasn't big enough for the older one....she was working hard to get out to investigate some chicken noises that was coming out from little distance away.
And yep....all of the sudden we noticed that things were little too quiet around us while we were doing our jobs.. older one has managed to find her way out...'PANIC STATIONS!!' Luckily she was soon found...trying to find her way to those chickens :rolleyes:
We found teeny little weak area on the fencing that was giving away just enough for her to squeeze through (talking about only few inches!)....once that was reinforced, we kept eye on her to see where she is heading next. AND YEP...few hours later...she found another teeny place that we couldn't even imagine she would have been able to get through. I managed to only see her tail end and she was off. This time I swiftly climbed over to neighbours side to catch her but she was already running 'wild' :mad:.
Luckily our neighbour's tame cat was walking about and I picked her up for a 'cuddle'...called my 'wild one' to tell I have lovely little pussycat here...and my dog took instant U-turn as she sees a chance of hunting a cat much more interesting challenge :rolleyes:
Now...there was no harm done for the cat..she was safely returned to out of reach area from our dogs and I got my escape artist back where she belong. Work is still on going with fencing...we need to make them not only 'terrier proof' but more like 'bullet proof':rolleyes:
At least the younger one is not trying to get out, she is happy to plod along and 'help' with gardening...and if there is bit of ball games in between jobs, she is happy to stay put.
Well...I better get the dogs out and see if the fencing holds now..she ain't getting through it but does manage to make it underneath it!:mad: Very 'foxy' little one that...
:)
This one, hilarious with sound on:

@Ari_RR Can't see that here, seems to be blocked in uk for copyright reasons! But I have a good imagination and reckon that clip would be really funny!!:D
Also @Finsky I reckon terriers are like ferrets, if the head will just about go through, even with a bit of work, then the rest of the body will follow:D... Though as I typed that I remembered a few days ago one of my ferrets actually got stuck between the strings of a guitar as he tried to get into the hole!!!!!o_O:confused::D

I'm so glad I have a big lummox of a dog who thinks that any fence is an impassible barrier even if he could practically step over it!

I'm so glad I have a big lummox of a dog who thinks that any fence is an impassible barrier even if he could practically step over it!
I reckon your dog should have few words with mine...teach her different way of thinking. Hmm..maybe mine is 'blind' !?:eek: She doesn't see any barriers!?o_O

@Ari_RR Can't see that here, seems to be blocked in uk for copyright reasons! But I have a good imagination and reckon that clip would be really funny!!:D
Also @Finsky I reckon terriers are like ferrets, if the head will just about go through, even with a bit of work, then the rest of the body will follow:D... Though as I typed that I remembered a few days ago one of my ferrets actually got stuck between the strings of a guitar as he tried to get into the hole!!!!!o_O:confused::D
Yep...I believe you are right...if they get their nose 'through', rest will follow.

Baby Miles is certainly missing interactions with other dogs. He is an extraordinary friendly and playful pup, even if still a bit awkward. Not sure what this period of isolation will do to his social skills, but at least he is not skipping a beat on physical activities. And on rare occasions when he gets to meet another dog - it's huge!

Last edited:
Love that bit with him chasing the car!!:D

Husband watches the "Smithsonian" channel 57 quiet a lot.
This afternoon he was watching it again and information he was listening to said that, back in 1918 there was a worldwide flu pandemic, where 50 million people worldwide died to flu or flu related problems. This would be the equivalent to our WORLDWIDE virus pandemic that we have now of 250-300 million deaths!!!
Looks like we still have a long way to go.

The mortality rate of the Spanish flu was higher than what it seems to be for Covid-19, though. And bear in mind that a lot of the deaths ascribed to Covid-19 are in people who were pretty much on their way out anyway, and/or caused by secondary bacterial infections. We can treat these underlying conditions, and bacterial infections, so much more effectively now.

Though don't get me started on Trump's apparent complete ignorance about why antibiotics aren't effective on the virus itself...:mad:

I suppose it's still early days for the virus, nothing is a cert until they come up with a vaccine. Until they do it will just keep going around so it may be sometime before they come up with a true number of deaths.

Mind you I did read somewhere that the Chinese ministry have declared that dogs should be pets only in China. Could be fake news, but let's hope it isn't.

Yes I heard that @Rinkydinkydo - we can hope that this has taught China a lesson in their animal rights practices!!!

although I did stumble across (before quickly scrolling away) an article out Chinese people beating dogs because they thought they were carrying the virus :(

Makes me so mad that they think it’s acceptable to treat animals the way they do.

It's a complete different mentality, isn't it? :( Though you have to put this into the context of cultures where human rights are so low. I once worked on a book in which it was described how in one country - not India - police would have pressure put on them to solve certain crimes so they'd drag in an innocent man and say that if he didn't confess to the crime they needed to 'solve', they'd pin a far worse crime on him. In that culture, this was seen as an absolutely normal way of going about things.

Though of course in this country, there have been cases of Chinese people being beaten up by thugs because they blame them for the virus :mad: Sometimes I really don't like people :( (Present company excepted of course;))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back