The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Treadmill's

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
this is what you need.we saw theses at a trade show last week

http://www.brolliesgalore.co.uk/acatalog/c...G_UMBRELLA.html

PetUmbrella.jpg

at the trade show we were at they were only 1.98!( trade price) (w00t)

billyboy45 said:
As my pup's are now 11n1/2 month's old,i reconed it was time to introduce them to the rainy day walker,before the winter set's in.For a change,there was'nt much trouble  getting them going.Its been 3 month's now,since Trouble damaged her Grasilie's,so i decided to get her going on it too,as she will have to be worked on now,(but slowly),to see what the outcome of the last 7 week's on a lead has  been.Did a wee bit of retriving work with her today too,in the back yard,just to give the mussle a bit of stretching.So far so good,but she wont get any speed work for at least another 5/6 week's.Have a couple of retrieving pix in the camera,but here's one of her 1st time on a treadmill.View attachment 48569

we have a tread mill but its not electric the dog has to pull it round its self so unfortunately my TERRIERS arent heavy enough to use it lol

i really dont have an issue with treadmills ...but, if i had one i would have mine out in the garden or garage in the middle of the floor and not facing a wall...out a window even preferably with a sea-view over a topless beach.. in actual fact i reckon colt and me could have great crack if we had 2 of them..we could race !

seriously tho id side towards a manually operated one that the dog controls the velocity and not a powered one.

in my opinion as narrow as it is...these dogs are sprinters not walkers. i dont want a dog who can walk 5 hours on a treadmill then when you go to sprint him he has to use total different muscle groups and ends up running like an arse !

but as the man says " if it works for you do it "!

(w00t) Very well said Stormy, i didn't look at it that way. :teehee: Think i will stay with the good old fashion way, walk miles and get soaking wet, (w00t) (w00t) but i love it. :thumbsup: Diane.

Good luck at the Midlands with Colt, Will catch up with you at Chomaly. :) :)

stormydog said:
i really dont have an issue with treadmills ...but, if i had one  i would have mine out in the garden or garage in the middle of the floor and not facing a wall...out a window even preferably with  a sea-view over a topless beach.. in actual fact i reckon colt and me could have great crack if we had 2 of them..we could race !  seriously tho id side towards a manually operated one that the dog controls the velocity and not a powered one.

in my opinion as narrow as it is...these dogs are sprinters not walkers.  i dont want a dog who can walk 5 hours on a treadmill then when you go to sprint him he has to use total different muscle groups and ends up running like an arse !

but as the man says " if it works for you do it "!

Its just been moved from the window,as my neighbour has about 30 cat's again,and counting.They come past the window regularly,and right by the padio door's.If the dog would happen to see the cat while he/she was on the treadmill.well,i wont even answer that one.Was talking to a couple of greyhound trainer's today.Guess what,they use treadmills.The electric type,and 3 dog type.The dog's get taken out in the morning to empty,and it's onto the tredmill.When the first 3 are done,3 more take their place,while the 1st 3 are groomed and rubbed down or whatever.Acouple of these dog's are stayer's 9ie)750 + dig's.So you see John,they're not all sprinter's.Year's ago a sprinter in lurcher racing was no good to you,as they had to go 500,maybe 4 time's.Anyway,its galloping that fitten's a dog,and not walking.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back