The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Two 7 Month Old Whippets In Rescue

poor mites.hope they get loving homes soon :luck: :wub: im cross that any breeder would use a rescue to dump puppies on.why didnt they find good pet homes for them instead.many tears is overrun with dogs,surely the responsible thing to have done was to rehome them :(

that's not really what rescue centres are for ... poor dogs, hope they find a loving home soon.

Oh poor boys :( Lets hope they get the loving forever home they deserve soon :luck: :luck:

Why do I look at these pages? I know I can't have another one... Wish I could win the lottery and buy a huge house and garden

JAX said:
Boy . would I love to find out who the `breeder is  :rant:   :rant:   :rant: They should be named and shamed , :rant:
HOW DARE they use a rescue for this purpose . Makes my blood biol ( unless you havnt already guessed that ) :oops:

I bet theyve another litter on the go already  (w00t)

They look such lovely boys too  :wub:

and as for those poor collies with crosses on their tummys  :eek:   :rant:   :wub:

I'm with you on this Jax,it's utterly disgusting that any breeder can just "throw away" puppie's just cos they're not up to standard :rant:

I couldn't just stop at reading about the 2 whippets I read the rest of the rescue stories as well - my heart has gone out to every one of them.

:rant: Boy some breeders just should never be allowed to own dogs - dumping them because they can't be breed from or have passed their used by date. I think this is the feeling of most people on here. I felt so sorry for the Lab that was only 3 and already had, had 5 litters - shame.

Good on this rescue shelter for the work that they do, it must be so gut wrenching at times.

Cristina

Mychaka Whippets

Disgusting thing for a Whippet shower/breeder to do, they should have kept the babies until a home could be found for them. The show people in the area would have put the word out. Probably another 'not up to scratch', litter on the way :rant:

I`ve gone for Smokie,rang yesterday and spoke to Sylvia who runs the place,someone will home vet us and hopefully i`ll have him soon,he`s just the right age 7 months for what we`ve been looking for.She said he`s very nervous doesn`t quite now how to be a dog,walking on a lead etc so will need a fair bit of work on,so will be asking you guys for advice if come unstuck on anything!

Hopefully i`ll have him happy playing down the local park with other dogs soon enough!

george06 said:
I`ve gone for Smokie,rang yesterday and spoke to Sylvia who runs the place,someone will home vet us and hopefully i`ll have him soon,he`s just the right age 7 months for what we`ve been looking for.She said he`s very nervous doesn`t quite now how to be a dog,walking on a lead etc so will need a fair bit of work on,so will be asking you guys for advice if come unstuck on anything!Hopefully i`ll have him happy playing down the local park with other dogs soon enough!

Good for you, I suppose you wouldn't fancy two, they'd be good company for each other. :lol: :D :cheers: :thumbsup:

george06 said:
I`ve gone for Smokie,rang yesterday and spoke to Sylvia who runs the place,someone will home vet us and hopefully i`ll have him soon,he`s just the right age 7 months for what we`ve been looking for.She said he`s very nervous doesn`t quite now how to be a dog,walking on a lead etc so will need a fair bit of work on,so will be asking you guys for advice if come unstuck on anything!Hopefully i`ll have him happy playing down the local park with other dogs soon enough!

Thats Great news :thumbsup: Hope everyhting goes ok and he is home with you soon so he can start a super new life :cheers: :D

Ps. Yes, as Juley says - 2 would be good! they would keep each other company o:) :- "

Well done you, hope you get him and he makes you a wonderful companion :thumbsup:

george06 said:

That's great news. :cheers: Such a shame he's nervous and doesn't know how to be a dog - but im sure you'll teach him in no time! God knows what the breeder had been doing with him for him to be like that :rant: Loads of piccies please when he arrives. :thumbsup:

She should get back to me today so will know more later....yea they`ll be plenty of pics.....my house aint big enough for two,if i had a bigger place with land i`d have packs running round believe me....

I'm not looking, I'm mot looking * peeps out from behind fingers* has guy got a new home too yet ????

Good on ya George for homing smokie, we need lots of pics when you get him home!

i'm just absolutely apalled like everyone else that a breeder could do this (although i guess there is a worse alternative..................)

As everyone knows, My sweet angel-pants Digiloo is a show boy that grew up to be - well, TOO DARNED BIG!...........and i have him because his breeder ( a K9er wouldn'tcha know it!) hung onto him til she could find him a good pet home.

Given that JR rescue always have a waiting list, i can't see why on earth you'd take pups to an animal shelter. It's not like whippets are one of those breeds that has suffered from becomeing 'popular' like staffies or rotties, and so are difficult to give away.

Some people eh

Oh congratulations!!

I have had lots of Sylvias dogs here for fostering and most have been breeding or puppy farm dogs that are not lead trained and don't even know how to eat out of a bowl - it is so sad to see. They usually pick it up within a few days when they realise you care about them and there is a great treat at the end of it.

My neighbours laugh at me as they always know when I have the fosters in as they see me taking 10 steps up the driveway with a dog and then 10 steps back.

Annette

Good luck George - hope you get him. :wub: I love the pup with the white stockings (GUY) . :wub: :wub:

Go on Jue..... youve got a field now..... ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww that's good news, hope the home check goes ok George :luck: :luck:

Bad news that he is 7 months old and dosn't know how to behave like a dog :rant: :rant:

Good luck George :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back