The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Update On Misty

suvi

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well, after waiting all afternoon for the phone to ring I finally spoke to the vet this evening. Misty's platelet count is practically zero which means that she could suffer a fatal bleed at any time - in fact the vet said she was a "time bomb" at the moment. She has immune mediated thrombocypenia (or something very similar sounding).

We may never know what triggered it but she has been started on medication to try to kick start her blood into producing these platelets. She will at the vets for at least another week, she has eaten but is quite depressed but at least she is not in any pain.

I feel as if I have been hit by a juggernaut, I love my little girl so much and there is nothing I can do for her and of course the flip side of loving so much is this unbearable pain. I am praying so hard that this time next week she will be snuggled up beside me again. :huggles:

Judi

so sorry to hear this our thoughts are with you and misty :huggles:

oh poor misty and poor you :huggles: hope misty starts to improve soon and is back home where she belongs with you.

thinking of you both at this difficult time :huggles:

:huggles: Poor Misty, i hope she's ok, bless her :huggles:

I've been thinking of you and Misty all day. I hope she starts to respond to treatment quickly and is back home with you very, very soon.

:huggles:

Jenny

Everything crossed here for Misty :luck: :luck:

The pain for you must be unbearable at the moment - here's some hugs for you :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Stay strong :luck: x

I really hope Misty will improve, thinking of you :luck: :huggles:

That must be so hard for you - my thoughts and prayers are with you. :luck: And a big hug :huggles:

Stay positive, hope Misty is better soon - they are a lot tougher than they look these little whippies. :luck:

Thinking of you, and hoping for a speedy recovery for Misty :luck: Good luck coming you way for her :huggles:

So sorry to hear of Misty's illness- I hope there is some improvement soon :luck:

Thinking of you.

Liz and the Monellis

I'm so sorry to hear this, everything crossed for you and Misty :huggles: :huggles:

Emma xxx

What a tough time for you all - praying and thinking for you and Misty - hope she rallies soon and is curled up on your sofa in no time - stay positive and strong :huggles: :huggles:

Thinking how awful for you, its so hard when theyre not with you. Stay positive as she will need you when she comes home :luck: :luck:

How awful for you, wishing you and your little whippet girl lots of strength and good luck :luck: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Sorry to hear about Misty but at least now the vets know what they are dealing with and are treating the problem. I hope you are ok and sending you and Misty lots of :huggles: :huggles:

Thinking of you and Misty. :huggles: Hope you get good news soon.

suvi said:
Well, after waiting all afternoon for the phone to ring I finally spoke to the vet this evening.  Misty's platelet count is practically zero which means that she could suffer a fatal bleed at any time - in fact the vet said she was a "time bomb" at the moment.  She has immune mediated thrombocypenia (or something very similar sounding).
We may never know what triggered it but she has been started on medication to try to kick start her blood into producing these platelets.  She will at the vets for at least another week, she has eaten but is quite depressed but at least she is not in any pain.

I feel as if I have been hit by a juggernaut, I love my little girl so much and there is nothing I can do for her and of course the flip side of loving so much is this unbearable pain.  I am praying so hard that this time next week she will be snuggled up beside me again.  :huggles:

Judi

Don't panic too much. Contact Dewerstone on here who has experience of thrombocytopenia. (Sorry Lou but you held my hand when I needed it :huggles: )

It's a scarey illness but steriods can work wonders. You are doing everything that you can. Hugs to Misty and yourself. Be strong, keep positive. :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back