The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vaccinations

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
On Saturday i had Max(mini dachie) and Dale (whippy) boosters done.Max was £27.60 and Dale's was £21.07 (w00t)

what a different's.what does your vets charge? do you get differents charges for different dogs????

ours charges over £35 :rant: whether pup or adult, nevermind weight difference.

should have seen the look i got when i asked if i'd get a discount for doing 7 pups!

Just come back from having my three vaccinated this morning. Cost per dog, £28.12 which included free general health check and nails clipped, if needed.

daledogs said:
On Saturday i had Max(mini dachie) and Dale (whippy) boosters done.Max was £27.60 and Dale's was £21.07  (w00t) what a different's.what does your vets charge? do you get differents charges for different dogs????

Yes think it will depend on dosage (weight of the dog) on price too, but that does sound pricey to say the least.

maybe Id query the price for Max's :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It can vary depending on where you live too. I paid over £30 for Logan's 2nd vac. :(

daledogs said:
On Saturday i had Max(mini dachie) and Dale (whippy) boosters done.Max was £27.60 and Dale's was £21.07  (w00t) what a different's.what does your vets charge? do you get differents charges for different dogs????

It may well depend on exactly which parts of the booster each dog received. Not all vets vaccinate against all the diseases each year and if you look at your vaccination certificates you may see that one of them had DHPPL (distemper, hepatitis,parainfluenza,parvovirus and leptospirosis) and the other one might just have been parvo and lepto.

Different vets choose different vaccination regimes, if you are unsure, ask the vet receptionist to go through it with you. :thumbsup:

Zephyr said:
daledogs said:

It may well depend on exactly which parts of the booster each dog received. Not all vets vaccinate against all the diseases each year and if you look at your vaccination certificates you may see that one of them had DHPPL (distemper, hepatitis,parainfluenza,parvovirus and leptospirosis) and the other one might just have been parvo and lepto.

Different vets choose different vaccination regimes, if you are unsure, ask the vet receptionist to go through it with you. :thumbsup:

Dale had the NOBIVAC P1 AND NOBIVAC LEPTO 2 and Max had the NOBIVAC DHPP1 and NOBIVAC LEPTO 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the cost has nothing to do with the weight of a dog as regarless of size (ie: JRT or ST Bernard) they all get the same amount injected.

It's all down to what your vet wants to charge and probably the area you live in?.

On first jab time I pay£60 per dog (was£50 when i got callie and sienna) and get boosters free for rest of their lives from vets4pets, so in theory I only pay for 2 boosters for each dog and the rest are free :thumbsup:

When I first went for boosters I thought there must be a catch maybe you pay for consultation but no they got their jabs all checked over checked to make sure microchip was in place cost nothing at all :D

With 4 dogs that is a hefty saving

We have a vets local to us called GO PET , It is subsidised by a wealthy business man who loves animals , :)) VAcs and spaying are done at discount prices , My last litter of pups were £25.00 each for the two jabs :thumbsup: Not sure how much boosters are , as to be honest I dont have them done :blink:

*Lesley* said:
On first jab time I pay£60 per dog (was£50 when i got callie and sienna) and get boosters free for rest of their lives from vets4pets, so in theory I only pay for 2 boosters for each dog and the rest are free :thumbsup:
When I first went for boosters I thought there must be a catch maybe you pay for consultation but no they got their jabs all checked over checked to make sure microchip was in place cost nothing at all :D

(w00t) blimey that's good - we have a vets4pets near us.

~Helen~ said:
*Lesley* said:

(w00t) blimey that's good - we have a vets4pets near us.

I think you can pay that at any time too helen doesn't have to be with first jabs although I don't think they all do it because Wendy Fallenangel(where are you Wendy by the the way???) rang her vets4 pets and they didn't do it :unsure:

I can't remember exactly but I think I paid about £36-£39 for Alfie's lastest booster - last year :sweating:

Maybe it's more to do with the area of the country you're in?? :unsure:

daledogs said:
Zephyr said:
daledogs said:

Dale had the NOBIVAC P1 AND NOBIVAC LEPTO 2 and Max had the NOBIVAC DHPP1 and NOBIVAC LEPTO 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thats why thew were diffrent then! I think the DHPP is the full one so it loks like Max needed different boosters to Dale - depends where they are on the 3 year 'cycle' so to speak!

Did you ask the receptionist why it was different?

It was £40.11 for my tilly (puppy vacination) and £24.00 for jess's booster. I think the vets in the manchester area charge alot more than around here,and on hearing how much the customers of my pups paid i think they charge whatever they like. I know where to get the boosters from at £10.00 each (nobivac), however if you insure your dog they need to be vaccinated by a qualified vet.

my advice is shop around

We over here then are getting ripped off big time! :angry: We had to pay £62.50 for the last lot of first jabs! It's a downright disgrace and vets just seem to have a license to print money!! Is there no governing body controlling all this? :rant:

mally said:
It was £40.11 for my tilly (puppy vacination) and £24.00 for jess's booster. I think the vets in the manchester area charge alot more than around here,and on hearing how much the customers of my pups paid i think they charge whatever they like. I know where to get the boosters from at £10.00 each (nobivac), however if you insure your dog they need to be vaccinated by a qualified vet.my advice is shop around

its 20£ in shepshed leicestershire for both jabs.

i have been told it only costs 3£ to4£ for each vial

We pay around £30 for boosters in Market Harborough, in Leicestershire, don't know about first jabs.

Each vaccination costs me £31.50.

Didn't get Alfie's yearly booster done last year, but had him done this year.

Because he missed last years jab meant he had to have the initial jab again costing me £63.00 for the two injections. So I didn't gain a thing by skipping a year. At that time I had recently bought Annie and thought I should get him up to date with his innoculations, I didn't want to risk either of them getting ill.

I do wonder if boosters are really necessary, or just a very easy money earner for vets. :unsure:

Does anyone know on K9 what the chances are of an adult dog falling victim to the diseases if boosters are not given.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back