The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Valentine / Sailaway Top Ten Open

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
always thought 10 ten points opens where run as weighed :wacko: ???

News to me Dave, our club opens have never been run as weighed, neither A & T or Westhougton.

well i was told when i wanted to put roddy in the h/w 30 to 31 once points opens run as weighed. you live and learn. it was at a local open a few years ago now.

WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO ATTENDING THIS OPEN,ESPECIALLY TO SEE ALAN & PAULINE WHO BREED OUR LITTLE DIAMOND SOUTHERN TOUCH..

BUT DUE TO ROB STILL IN HOSPITAL WE WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT,BUT WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYBODY GOOD LUCK AND ALL DOGS COME HOME SAFE.

HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE THE NEXT OPEN IN THE NEW YEAR WHEN ROBS WELL AGAIN :) ..READY FOR THE CHAMPS

TINA & ROB :)

always look forward to westy opens, dogs wrist seems to have mended ok, was sore after champs. so looking forward to it, you can count me in vicky...hope the rain keeps off. see you all sunday. ;)

well i was told when i wanted to put roddy in the h/w 30 to 31 once points opens run as weighed. you live and learn. it was at a local open a few years ago now.
was it a bwra event dave?

fed open his weight was 30 wavering 2 to 5 oz.

bloke on scales said 30 i said 31 couldnt agree, he said points opens where run as weighed, 30 off the back in the middle weights,midnight run was about then give him 3 start (w00t) o:)

so he didnt run.

i think all top ten opens should be run as weighed, just my opinion :p

If in the case of an owner having two dogs in a class it is surely safer & makes more sense (if they want to seperate them) to allow one to move up a class & run at it's natural race weight, rather than the dog to be fed up and run overweight?

Dave this isn't a BWRA or a NNWRF open, it's run to club rules. It isn't stated anywhere that an open has to be run as weighed to count towards Top Ten points.

quote--If in the case of an owner having two dogs in a class it is surely safer & makes more sense---

SENSE?????

---------------------------------not even Common--- LOADS OF it in NORTH/WEST---

very rare thing in whippet racing===almost as rare as rocking horse /sh-t--

only a little Sh-t--available --mostly BULL

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
If in the case of an owner having two dogs in a class it is surely safer & makes more sense (if they want to seperate them) to allow one to move up a class & run at it's natural race weight, rather than the dog to be fed up and run overweight?
Dave this isn't a BWRA or a NNWRF open, it's run to club rules. It isn't stated anywhere that an open has to be run as weighed to count towards Top Ten points.

Dave...Hope this helps, The NNWRF & BWRA run their opens/championships to their rules, as do the the Scottish & English Derby....all clubs have their own rules too for their respective opens, some say, run first past the post etc, some don't, so it's worth checking with whoever it may concern before you travel if you have a query!

cheers nice to know :thumbsup: think this is going off track. (open advert should be :thumbsup: )

WESTHOUGHTON WRC

Presents On the 29th November 2009 For Top Ten Pts

Sup Rch Valentine & Rch Sailaway Open

Sponsored by Linda Bramley, Vicky Harper & Mark Warren

Adults ; Dogs & Bitches Sep - up to 19lb, 23lb, 27lb, 31lb & 35lb

Bitch Final for the Rch Sailaway trophy & Presentation Jacket

Dog Final for the Sup Rch Valentine Trophy & Presentation Jacket

Overall for the Rch Nch Maizee Mu Trophy kindly donated by Tommy Carr

Yearlings; Up to 23lb, 29lb & 35lb

Racing for the Pepsi (Picture Postcard) Trophy & Presentation Jacket

Sponsored by Mick & Lynn Dudek

Veterans; Up to 23lb, 29lb & 35lb

Racing for the Nancy Miles Trophy & Presentation Jacket

sponsored by Vicky Harper & Mark Warren

Scr; 38lb, 44lb & No Limit plus Yearling & Vet Scr

Sup Scr Racing for the Tom Cain Trophy & Presentation Jacket

Sponsored by D Cain & Son

Pedigrees

Racing for Trophy & Presentation Jacket

Sponsored by Jacqui Glover

Westhoughton Ghd Stadium, Wigan Rd, Westhoughton, BL5 2DH

Payout plus trophies to all class winners

Weigh in 11am to 12 noon, Start 1pm - £4 entry

Any information contact Mark 07843 595047

Cafe & Bar open for refreshments.

Could last years winners please make sure trophies are returned to us on or before the date:

Southern Spark (returned)

Crystal Blue (returned)

Fun & Frolics (returned)

Whinnie Skippet

On the Ball (returned)

Special thanks to all the jacket sponsors (Jacqui Glover, Tony Taylor, Vicky Harper & Mark Warren, Mick & Lyn Dudeck, Ashley Dudeck & Ray Bourne)

------------------------------------------------

* The weigh in will be in the bar.

* There'll be an open draw for traps for anyone to see

* ALL CLASS WINNERS will receive pictures of their dogs in mounted engraved frames on the day

* Prizes for fastest handicap & scratch

* This open is not run as weighed

Last edited by a moderator:
vicky just to let you know i have veteran trophy here, peter dropped it off today , i,ll get it down to you

Mark, don't forget to bring Geoff's kickboard lol :thumbsup:

Couldnt make it . Was so looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back