The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Walking On The Edge.....

Nicola

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
...........Froggatt Edge to be precise. We decided to go out and make the most of the lovely weather yesterday and ventured off Grindleford way (not far from Sheffield).

Fred decided for the first time ever that he didn't want to come with us. :unsure: He usually gets excited as soon as the rucksacks & boots come out, and tries to squeeze out the door with us if we decide he's better off at home on some of our longer walks. This time he ignored us yesterday and carried on with his settee slumbers -_-

Anyway...here are a few photos taken on my little compact camera (I dislike the picture quality of this one now, but didn't fancy taking my bigger camera :- " ). I love the autumn colours we've got at the moment. :)

Views down the valley......

SepOct08028.jpg

The unusual shaped boulders.......

SepOct08034.jpg

Some contra jour shots....

SepOct08031.jpg

Don't do it... (w00t)

SepOct08059.jpg

SepOct08072.jpg

SepOct08073.jpg

Stan likes peering over the edge....he's on a lead and knows not to venture any further :)

SepOct08076.jpg

SepOct08077.jpg

Some of me with Stan....

SepOct08081.jpg

SepOct08082.jpg

We walked underneath the Edges for a short stretch......Birch trees grow in the most precarious places... :- "

SepOct08083.jpg

Stan hates it if one of us go out of view or falls behind. Here he is checking on OH's progress :p

SepOct08085.jpg

Turning back....

SepOct08087.jpg

SepOct08089.jpg

SepOct08090.jpg

Back through the woods......

SepOct08092.jpg

Stanley checking on my progress this time.....'C'mon, keep up!':

SepOct08093.jpg

Sun's gone in again...the silhouette of the house at the start/finish of the walk:

SepOct08094.jpg

Brilliant pic's Nicola............the winter colours are lovely :thumbsup:

Looks very cold though, im not surprised Fred decided to stay in bed :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you can see forever in that first picture...lovely views :thumbsup:

really enjoyed looking at those pics :thumbsup: what cracking walks you go on :thumbsup:

I just love the colour of the bracken and ferns at this time of year...isnt it turning really fast now...

looked like a lovely Autumn walk... :thumbsup:

Thanks for your lovely comments :thumbsup:

Janimal said:
I just love the colour of the bracken and ferns at this time of year...isnt it turning really fast now...looked like a lovely Autumn walk... :thumbsup:

So do I Janis, and the soft autumn sunlight just enhances to it all.

Here are some more from Lyme Park today....more of those colours again :wub: :

Spot the tree....

SepOct08097.jpg

SepOct08098.jpg

And here are some of Fred this time...he did deign to come out with us today........

SepOct08103.jpg

SepOct08102.jpg

Can you see him running in this one...? :p

SepOct08107.jpg

Wow - what stunning countryside :D The second pic in the second bunch reminds me of parts of Northumberland - miles and miles of open countryside just begging to be walked over :lol:

Fabulous pics :cheers: I love looking at photos of everyone's walks :D

those pics are great nicola :thumbsup: love the autumn colours :thumbsup:

amazing photos as usual x

your brave going up there in this weather !! i like the valleys when its cold :lol: :lol: :lol:

l always love your photos Nicola....thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Lovely photos as usual, Nicola! You do live in a beautiful part of the world.

Gill

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back