The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wcra Reps Meeting Venue Change

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yesterday whilst at the Maidstone Open I was told that the venue for the reps meeting has been changed.

I've checked The Whippet Club website and so far the new venue hasn't been added to it. Does anyone know where the meeting is now going to be held?

The moon :lol: Has it really been changed?????

Just found this out and been asked to post it......

The new venue for WCRA meeting is Village Hall, Hicote Road, Ebrington GL55 6NA. and will now start at 11.30

It comes from a committee member so it should be correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this out and been asked to post it......
The new venue for WCRA meeting is Village Hall, Hicote Road, Ebrington GL55 6NA. and will now start at 11.30

It comes from a committee member so it should be correct.
Thanks Judy. I've just checked on Streetmap. The postcode isn't recognised and neither is the Hicote Road. Should it be Hidcote Road? Having just checked I think that it should be Hidcote. There's a famous garden called Hidcote in that area. (Sorry a bit of trivia for folks then. )

It comes up on Autoroute as Hidcote Road, so I think it is correct.

'There's a famous garden called Hidcote in that area. (Sorry a bit of trivia for folks then. )'

All things considered, this might be a better option! If I get bored with proceedings I may take a wander round the gardens. It may be more productive!

I think there is a main sewage works there aswell :x ,you will smell it....its full of P :- :-

Last edited:
Just thought I would let you know that the meeting is being held in Ebrington Village Hall as Judy has stated and think you might find that the gardens are a bit too far to walk for you Lesley and no there is not a main sewage works near by.

And I know all this as the beautiful village of Ebrington is where we live, it is set within stunning countryside.

I hope you all attend the meeting but come with more constructive comments than those I have just read.

Moreton Cricket Club is not being used as it is under refurbishment and the WCRA never stated that it was going to be used for this meeting.

Hope to see you all at the meeting.

Regards Jo

Hmm Thanks Jo.

However I think that there has been some misunderstanding in that I quote from the WCRA letter that is on The Whippet Club website AND what went out to the club secs.

'The meeting venue will be Moreton-in-Marsh Cricket Club House'.

There is no problem in the change in venue as long as we all know where we are meant to be going in order to attend.

I stand corrected Barbara. It is only 10 minutes from the Cricket Club and Paul will be placing WCRA Signs along the way to ensure that everyone finds the hall. We are only a phone call away if anyone needs help with directions, Im sure most people have Pauls mobile.

I'm afraid we are not allowed to comment on anything at the meeting!,but have to have our questions written and recieved by WCRA long before we even know where we are going to recieve answers!.Dont worry...we will, as always duly put our money in our fuel tank and drive our miles for the sake of our sport :thumbsup: .

I hope we get an opportunity for all our questions to be answered, and not just ones picked to be answered. There are not many positives at the moment, but I have to say that I think we have a better chance of a good hearing with the new Chairman rather than the outgoing one - at least he wants to listen to the racers - a refreshing change IMO.

I hope we get an opportunity for all our questions to be answered, and not just ones picked to be answered. There are not many positives at the moment, but I have to say that I think we have a better chance of a good hearing with the new Chairman rather than the outgoing one - at least he wants to listen to the racers - a refreshing change IMO.

New Chairman?

i'm sure affilated club secretarys will be told sooner or later about the new chairmen?.

Due to the building works at the Moreton Club House currently in progress and no certainty they will complete in time for our meeting; the venue has been moved to:-

The Village Hall, Hicote Road, Ebrington GL55 6NA

This venue is approximately 8 miles from the track and WCRA yellow signs with arrows will start at the junction of A429 & B4035.

There is also a Google Map link (see below) which gives you directions from the Moreton ground. Parking is available but please, where possible, share transport as spaces are not unlimited.

In order to facilitate your current plans; we have moved back the start time 1/2 hour to 11.30am which should allow more than enough time as the Village Hall is only about 10 minutes from Moreton.

Venue

Thanks for that Judy, I do hope people not subscribed to the internet get the message. (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back