• cooked

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

posh totty

whippet servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
thought it would be interesting to see what we all feed and why we do our chosen regime also what brands seem to be most popular :thumbsup:

My lot have Red Mills tracker but they also get pasta rice veggies and William who has a passion for fish has boiled fish when I can get it for christmas we bought him a whole salmon that they had reduced a sainsburies obviously it was cooked and boned

The whippets and Zoe sometimes get chicken wings but William doesn't eat raw meat he'd rather starve and for some reason I've never tried Button with them

I feed Tina on James Wellbeloved Adult. She's having turkey & rice kibble at the moment and doing very well on it.

When I got her just over two weeks ago she was on the cheapest, nastiest crap from Wilkinsons...the 3 tins for £1 stuff :eek: I'd never seen that food before and will give any food a chance but when I saw the state of her poos :wacko: Olive green and mushy & slimey!!! :x And the stench as I picked them up :- "

So I had a look in Pets At Home in the MetroCentre a few days after we got her and spent ages looking at all the ingredients and stuff and decided to try JW :) I slowly mixed it in and now she's on it completely and has the loveliest, firm brown poos ever :thumbsup:

Sorry if you're eating your tea......Neil reckons I have a poo fetish :oops: :lol:

Foxglove said:
I feed Tina on James Wellbeloved Adult.  She's having turkey & rice kibble at the moment and doing very well on it. 
  When I got her just over two weeks ago she was on the cheapest, nastiest crap from Wilkinsons...the 3 tins for £1 stuff  :eek:     I'd never seen that food before and will give any food a chance but when I saw the state of her poos  :wacko:   Olive green and mushy & slimey!!!  :x   And the stench as I picked them up  :- "

So I had a look in Pets At Home in the MetroCentre a few days after we got her and spent ages looking at all the ingredients and stuff and decided to try JW  :)   I slowly mixed it in and now she's on it completely and has the loveliest, firm brown poos ever  :thumbsup:  

Sorry if you're eating your tea......Neil reckons I have a poo fetish  :oops:   :lol:

I make up my own, in there is pasta, rice, veggies, human consumption mince, a good quality mixer, her stools are that good, i shift em with my bear hands

I think I feed raw...don't think I can quite claim barf as I can't get hold of bones much.

So Blue has chicken wings for Breakfast and raw meat and mixer for tea.

Mostly BARF here.. :thumbsup:

and cooked meats too as treats...raw veggies, pasta and rice.

Im a fan of raw as well...................the A-Team not me

i mean :lol:

mine have a whole variety of , red mills tracker or racer depending on workload, with either raw mince , or whatever meaty bones and waste i can get my grubby little fingers on cooked down with pasta /rice and or veg , either fresh or frozen, we have usually chicken frames, mince , lamb ribs and necks and whatever we have caught, it seems to suit my dogs and easy for me to do , they look good with small firm stools , and shiny coats with plenty of energy , thats good enough for me :thumbsup:

ann and hilary call my dogs stew pot the death pot as you never know whats died to go in there (w00t)

posh totty said:
mine have a whole variety of , red mills tracker or racer depending on workload, with either raw mince , or whatever meaty bones and waste i can get my grubby little fingers on cooked down with pasta /rice and or veg , either fresh or frozen, we have usually chicken frames, mince , lamb ribs and necks and whatever we have caught, it seems to suit my dogs and easy for me to do , they look good with small firm stools , and shiny coats with plenty of energy , thats good enough for me  :thumbsup:
ann and hilary call my dogs stew pot the death pot as you never know whats died to go in there  (w00t)

You bunny boiler Tanya... :lol: :- "

Mine have Arden Grange complete dry and Naturediet. :thumbsup: We've tried a few different dried foods and have settled on Arden Grange as they seem to like it. Muffin's usually a bit fussy but he loves the latest flavour I've bought, with salmon. :)

Janimal said:
posh totty said:
mine have a whole variety of , red mills tracker or racer depending on workload, with either raw mince , or whatever meaty bones and waste i can get my grubby little fingers on cooked down with pasta /rice and or veg , either fresh or frozen, we have usually chicken frames, mince , lamb ribs and necks and whatever we have caught, it seems to suit my dogs and easy for me to do , they look good with small firm stools , and shiny coats with plenty of energy , thats good enough for me  :thumbsup:
ann and hilary call my dogs stew pot the death pot as you never know whats died to go in there  (w00t)

You bunny boiler Tanya... :lol: :- "

(w00t) (w00t)

Mine mainly have Red Mills Worker, but I do add a bit of tinned meat, sardines etc. I have tried other dried foods, like James Wellbeloved or Burns, but they seem to go off them quickly.

R+S are on complete food Wagg, same as what their breeders fed them, but once a day i mix in somthing like sardines or chicken and they love that they also get chicken wings as a treat, and going for lamb ribs on tuesday :)

i would love to feed them barf but unfortunatly our freezer is hardly big enough for us let alone 2 dogs and with no place to put another, unless my ph sends electricity to the shed they will not be going on barf any time soon :( but they are doing really well on wagg so theres no big problems :D

k4tie-d said:
R+S are on complete food Wagg, same as what their breeders fed them, but once a day i mix in somthing like sardines or chicken and they love that they also get chicken wings as a treat, and going for lamb ribs on tuesday :)
i would love to feed them barf but unfortunatly our freezer is hardly big enough for us let alone 2 dogs and with no place to put another, unless my ph sends electricity to the shed they will not be going on barf any time soon :(   but they are doing really well on wagg so theres no big problems :D

But you are defeating the object Katie, a complete is exactley that, COMPLETE, you shouldnt need to add anything.

:cheers:

But you are defeating the object Katie, a complete is exactley that, COMPLETE, you shouldnt need to add anything.

its only 2 sadines keith or a wee bit chicken its not to supliment the complete food its just to make it taste abit better once a day :- "

and the chicken wings are once or twice a week instead of the complete for that feeding time :unsure: is this wrong? should i not be giving them anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
well mine have winalot tinned and they love it with some mixer added, tried them on complete but couldnt get a grip on their weight for racing :sweating: , so they all changed to tinned :thumbsup: and what lovely glossy coats they have aswell :thumbsup:

also get cooked chuck or mince, rice, pilchards tuna, scrambled eggs with cheese :wacko: :wacko:

and cornflakes with milk for brekki.

k4tie-d said:

its only 2 sadines keith or a wee bit chicken its not to supliment the complete food its just to make it taste abit better once a day :- "

and the chicken wings are once or twice a week instead of the complete for that feeding time :unsure: is this wrong? should i not be giving them anything else?

I think that with the number of people who add 'proper' foods to complete it should tell you all something (w00t) If I was given dehydrated over processed dry food every day I'd turn my nose up too :- " I despaired when I saw that a company produced dog gravy as an appetiser to get your dog to eat complete. Just my opinion.

Like Keith says the whole point of complete foods, (these foods only emerged quite recently) is that they are 'completely balanced' so yes my adding food it goes against the whole reason for buying them

Yes I feed fresh and raw :thumbsup:

Mine are on Greyhound Maintenance and raw tripe, plus any veggies, rice, pasta any left overs I think thy will eat! They also like fruit, apples and pears, black berries in season, melon and the odd cake or two!!!!! Plus their pointer cobs and gravy bones at bed time. They all have shiny coats, look and are fit, so I must be doing something right. I also cook lamb off cuts for them, they don't like it raw, fish, they love a fish called panga, don't know where it comes from!

:- "

it is costly feeding raw to five dogs, my bank balance just won't allow it! :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
k4tie-d said:

So in actual fact Katie what you are saying that the complete food looks bland, mmmm, how can i word this without upsetting many complete food users, if you think the food looks uninviting, what does your puppies look upon it, ahhh, but perhaps they regurlarly get complete so know nothing else, my dish is included in this post, i invite you to put down a bowl of complete, and my recipe, i do appreciate however you have 2 dogs to feed, and a family to look after, so therefore a complete may suit you, but you only get out what you put in

:luck:

i agree keith, we used complete racer for a while but chucked out half a sack, we struggled with 1 of our girls weight on it :b and it look so boring..

but when she changed to tinned i had to change the rest as well :teehee: her meaty chuncks in gravy with pasta + veggies looked sooooooooooo much nicer then that horrible bland complete, even gravy didnt help it look any more inviting :x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back