Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10.OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I THINK IT WOULD BE INTRESTING WHAT MOST PEOPLE FEED THEIR DOGS ON,AND WHAT COMES ON TOP.I KNOW SOME PEOPLE FEED ON BARF and COMPLETE.PLEASE LEAVE ANY COMMENTS :thumbsup: ALSO I THINK IT WOULD HELP ANY NEWBIES WITH THEIR WHIPPET(S)

Good poll Dawn :thumbsup:

I feed barf which is great at home and the dogs love it and are in great condition, but I have to admit it is a pain when you go away we just went for 4 days which was fine took it frozen then defrosted it to suit but when we go for a fortnight in the summer it will be a right pain taking enough raw for four dogs for all that time and I don't think there are many shops nearby :wacko: so I have a question would it make a difference if I fed them complete for that time or would it upset their stomachs ect :unsure: or should I introduce it at home prior to going so they get used to it?

Any advice welcome :)

Lesley, when Alfie goes on holiday we take Natures Menu pouches and sometimes just a small amount of frozen tripe. He has a Nature Diet every now and again at home instead of BARF and it doesn't seem to upset his tummy :sweating:

Last edited by a moderator:
*Lesley* said:
Good poll Dawn :thumbsup:
I feed barf which is great at home and the dogs love it and are in great condition, but I have to admit it is a pain when you go away we just went for 4 days which was fine took it frozen then defrosted it to suit but when we go for a fortnight in the summer it will be a right pain taking enough raw for four dogs for all that time and I don't think there are many shops nearby :wacko:   so I have a question would it make a difference if I fed them complete for that time or would it upset their stomachs ect :unsure: or should I introduce it at home prior to going so they get used to it?

Any advice welcome :)

Well Lesley having said that i make all of jills food up, when i first had her i tried her on different brands of complete, then barf, then back to ready, i cant recall it ever upsetting her tummy, but each dog is different dont u agree, but in your case whilst u are away a complete would be the thing, just give it a try while u are at home, hope ive helped

keith

:thumbsup:

My lot are usually fed Redmills Tracker, the Racer has to much protien for William it sends him dafter than he already is :lol:

I say usually because having won a years supply of Proplan at Crufts the whippets are having that at the moment . Must admit though the years supply is for one dog which in their mind will eat 7, 15 kilo bags in a year and that will not last my lot more than about 3 months it certainly wouldn't last William a year but hey i'm not moaning its saving me some money as i'm only buying food for William.

Better point out I didn't have to carry 7 bags home they gave me vouchers to take to the supplier when I need it . And as the cheapest I've seen was about £38 per bag its not something they would normally have.

Great idea!

I feed Oscars dried food, but I also cook for them - rice, potatoes, veg, meat etc

Forgot to add William also has lamb and dumplings . He had it to fatten him up for Crufts but now loves it that much he has to have his dumplings at least a couple of times a week or he sulks and will not eat his food

I feed mine on raw food. They were all starting to get a bit fussy on kibble. I tried a variety of different ones and there would always be one of the four refusing to eat it. I still have a bit of a problem with the raw diet, one wont eat chicken at all and gets a bit fussy if I try to feed the same meal two times in a row.

LasVegasNo1 said:
Lesley, when Alfie goes on holiday we take Natures Menu pouches and sometimes just a small amount of frozen tripe. He has a Nature Diet every now and again at home instead of BARF and it doesn't seem to upset his tummy :sweating:
Yep I do the same - except I usually use Forthglade instead but they are very similar to Natures Menu

My lot all get Redmills Racer bar Angel who get a FAT dog complete. I add some Nature Diet just for a change. I have in the past fed tripe and other meets but my boys never liked it :wacko: .

I currently feed Red Mills Worker, but am planning to change to Red Mills Tracker as I think Worker is too high in protein for non-working dogs. Bobby and Dolly both seem to like Red Mills, whereas in the past Dolly got bored with other dried foods such as Burns and James Wellbeloved.

Do I tick the box for Greyhound type food or Other?

Thanks for the advice :huggles: I'll change at holiday time or just before it will be much easier for us :thumbsup:

The racers and the pup get all raw meat & veg with brown bread and fish/tripe & pasta added a few times a week. The spaniel and my old girl have exactly the same but have a handful of red mills added. Chicken wings or cereal & goats milk for breakfast.

I feed Sid Oscars dried food for working dogs [not that he ever works] o:) but there is no VAT on working dog food.

Good Poll. :cheers:

~Sarah~ said:
I currently feed Red Mills Worker, but am planning to change to Red Mills Tracker as I think Worker is too high in protein for non-working dogs. Bobby and Dolly both seem to like Red Mills, whereas in the past Dolly got bored with other dried foods such as Burns and James Wellbeloved.
Do I tick the box for Greyhound type food or Other?

I use red mills i ticked greyhound type food

Muffin has Trophy Premium at the moment but doesn't seem to like it much and I have a 15kg bag to get through! :- " He will just about eat it if I mix in some Nature Diet or Nature's menu - he seems to like both of those. :)

both of ours are on Wafcal - with sardines a couple of times a week for their coats........and leftover veg from our dinner as and when available

Dij used to be on redmills racer, but since he stopped growing all that extra protein was just going into whippey-lunacy! :teehee:

Quite a few of you i notice,feed on Greyhound,my lot like Chudleys greyhound chunks

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back