The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Sort Of Duck Is This?

~james~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Some other wildlife and strange flying creatures...

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

dont know abou the duck ,but that last pic is fab looks like hes flying gorguse dogs :wub:

hi james,dont know what the duck is,but i do know gelert and guto when i see them :) :wub: :wub:

they are both looking good and hope they are ready for holbeach :thumbsup:

see you both soon.

trish g said:
hi james,dont know what the duck is,but i do know gelert and guto when i see them :)   :wub:   :wub:
they are both looking good and hope they are ready for holbeach  :thumbsup:

see you both soon.

Thankyou - both of them have been a bit under the weather with a bit of a tummy bug, but hopefully will have cleared up by then, as it will be nice to meet up again.

Janimal said:
Is it a widgeon??
http://www.wildlifeartiststudio.com/Birds/...idgeon_duck.htm

and a lapwing??

Brilliant pictures btw.. :cheers:

Thankyou. Yes, the second one is a lapwing. We have a lot of widgeon on the lake behind, they are of a similar size but differently marked, and very nervous. This little one was very friendly and came right up to the bank to have her photo taken. It took quite a lot of searching but looks very much like this one, a Ring Necked Duck, which are apparently 'rare winter vagrants' in the UK.

Ring-necked duck

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back