The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whats the worst thing your dog has done for food?

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Now Dennis is 10 he really has calmed down with his scavenging or it may be the fact he knows I will just give him bits throughout the day so there's no point in stealing!

The only thing he does is eat bread that people leave out for the birds - It drives me insane when I see pretty much a loaf of bread just thrown out onto the riverbank! :mad::mad::mad:

She really wanted some cheese that my other half had left out on the worktop and she went to great lengths, she got on the sofa then climbed on the bar stool then on the island, then onto the bin and she got to the cheese, then I strike. I walked in and looked at her and she just gave me them puppy eyes. wasn't happy with her, or my other half! :( I was watching the whole time and i was shocked by the way she knew what to do! :)

Jasper's an incorrigible food guarder so I'm not even going to think about the worst things he's done... However, he did once eat a whole large panful of onions gently sauteed in butter and olive oil. The vet told us symptoms to look out for, as onions are toxic to dogs, but he was fine.

Oh, and he did once find a dead rabbit on a beach and eat the whole thing. And a turkey drumstick which he found on a heath on New Years Eve so I had to stay sober all evening in case we had to make an emergency dash to the vet.

Not forgetting some putty - it's made with linseed oil and he loves oily food - he did pure white poos after!

And a lolly stick, which reappeared three weeks later completely undigested.

And half a bag of muesli complete with raisins...

And a whole box of chocolate-coated hazelnuts (thankfully milk chocolate). They were supposed to be a present from my son's girlfriend to my mum but the silver lining was that my mum doesn't like nuts anyway:D

And six home-made bread rolls left out to cool.

And the pork pie he filched out of a stranger's shopping bag when we passed him on the trailway :oops:

And a couple of apples from a young toddler in a buggy:oops: And half a bag of jelly babies from the tray underneath another buggy:oops:

Thankfully, we are MUCH better at managing him now, and he doesn't expect to get away with theft so generally doesn't try.

Ha Ha Ha Oh Jasper! You have to laugh a bit when you look back at all the naughty things they get up to! :D

Jasper's an incorrigible food guarder so I'm not even going to think about the worst things he's done... However, he did once eat a whole large panful of onions gently sauteed in butter and olive oil. The vet told us symptoms to look out for, as onions are toxic to dogs, but he was fine.

Oh, and he did once find a dead rabbit on a beach and eat the whole thing. And a turkey drumstick which he found on a heath on New Years Eve so I had to stay sober all evening in case we had to make an emergency dash to the vet.

Not forgetting some putty - it's made with linseed oil and he loves oily food - he did pure white poos after!

And a lolly stick, which reappeared three weeks later completely undigested.

And half a bag of muesli complete with raisins...

And a whole box of chocolate-coated hazelnuts (thankfully milk chocolate). They were supposed to be a present from my son's girlfriend to my mum but the silver lining was that my mum doesn't like nuts anyway:D

And six home-made bread rolls left out to cool.

And the pork pie he filched out of a stranger's shopping bag when we passed him on the trailway :oops:

And a couple of apples from a young toddler in a buggy:oops: And half a bag of jelly babies from the tray underneath another buggy:oops:

Thankfully, we are MUCH better at managing him now, and he doesn't expect to get away with theft so generally doesn't try.
oh Jasper wow you were a real trouble maker! :) :eek:

:D Jasper! Just read this whilst eating my lunch @JudyN - didn't know whether to laugh or put down my lunch! It was the former ;)

Jimmy's worst was jumping on my wife's head whilst she was in bed, in an attempt to get her up to get his breakfast, which she did. She wasn't too happy about it though, even though it was all done in play.

There was that decaying mouse that the cat left lying around. It was so far gone you could see the ribcage. 14 week old Harri ate it regardless.

Predictably he threw it up on my carpet pretty much in the same state that it went down. Getting rid of that pie of vomit was arguably the nastiest thing I have ever had to do.

There was that decaying mouse that the cat left lying around. It was so far gone you could see the ribcage. 14 week old Harri ate it regardless.

Predictably he threw it up on my carpet pretty much in the same state that it went down. Getting rid of that pie of vomit was arguably the nastiest thing I have ever had to do.
why would he eat it?! :eek::eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back