The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Dog Puppy Available

sarahloveland said:
Any tips on how to persuade the hubby can you please throw my way?! :lol:   Fingers crossed for you!! :luck:   :luck:
I really wanted a second whippet, which meant having 3 dogs, as we already had Dolly (Whippet) and Bobby (Collie X). Whenever I started up the conversation about another dog, my OH pretty much stopped the conversation before I had started, so I got nowhere. :(

I decided to write him a letter, as then he had to read it, and I could get across to him my reasons for wanting a second whippet. :- " It actually worked and he agreed - I was amazed. :)

So soon afterwards along came Remmy, and we are thrilled with her. So I now have two beautiful fawn girls. I had said that I didn't necessarily want a puppy, so I suppose that was a little compromise. I did also agree that when Bobby goes over the Rainbow Bridge (he is 5 years older than Dolly), I will only have two whippets, so won't be allowed a third whippet. :- " I think I may conveniently forget that though. :lol: :lol:

Good luck in your quest. :luck: :luck:

~Sarah~ said:
sarahloveland said:
Any tips on how to persuade the hubby can you please throw my way?! :lol:   Fingers crossed for you!! :luck:   :luck:
I really wanted a second whippet, which meant having 3 dogs, as we already had Dolly (Whippet) and Bobby (Collie X). Whenever I started up the conversation about another dog, my OH pretty much stopped the conversation before I had started, so I got nowhere. :(

I decided to write him a letter, as then he had to read it, and I could get across to him my reasons for wanting a second whippet. :- " It actually worked and he agreed - I was amazed. :)

So soon afterwards along came Remmy, and we are thrilled with her. So I now have two beautiful fawn girls. I had said that I didn't necessarily want a puppy, so I suppose that was a little compromise. I did also agree that when Bobby goes over the Rainbow Bridge (he is 5 years older than Dolly), I will only have two whippets, so won't be allowed a third whippet. :- " I think I may conveniently forget that though. :lol: :lol:

that is sweet :D :D

When we just had Sunny we did think that he might get a bit lonely, but being an 'only whippet' meant that he got lots of attention and it was easy to take him everywhere with us. :D

Then one day my friends lovely little cavalier suddenly got sick and died - my friend was heart broken and said she would never get another dog :(

5 weeks later she got a puppy! She said she couldn't cope with the house feeling so empty, even though her husband and son where there. :unsure:

That upset me so much that we decided to get another whippet, Sunny would have company and we'd never have that empty feeling, so along came Devon. :huggles:

Then a work mates dog died of old age. He had the sister to the dog and she basically pined to death, wouldn't eat or anything, literally wasted away :(

So along came Genie, our first iggie, to prove that 3 is not a crowd :- "

But Genie was so small and even though she is really tough, she couldn't wrestle and play in the same way that the whippets could, we felt she was missing out on a mate her own size ;)

So along came our tiny little Zoe :wub:

Then last year our beloved Sunny was PTS :( The other dogs missed him like crazy but helped each other and us through it :huggles:

But we thought Devon was sad being an 'only whippet' so we got Monty (w00t)

The circle of life . . . . . . :b :- " ;) :lol:

:luck: hope that little boy makes his way to you soon :thumbsup: ;)

doris said:
When we just had Sunny we did think that he might get a bit lonely, but being an 'only whippet' meant that he got lots of attention and it was easy to take him everywhere with us. :D
Then one day my friends lovely little cavalier suddenly got sick and died - my friend was heart broken and said she would never get another dog :(

5 weeks later she got a puppy!  She said she couldn't cope with the house feeling so empty, even though her husband and son where there. :unsure:

That upset me so much that we decided to get another whippet, Sunny would have company and we'd never have that empty feeling, so along came Devon. :huggles:

Then a work mates dog died of old age.  He had the sister to the dog and she basically pined to death, wouldn't eat or anything, literally wasted away :(

But Genie was so small and even though she is really tough, she couldn't wrestle and play in the same way that the whippets could, we felt she was missing out on a mate her own size ;)

Then last year our beloved Sunny was PTS :(   The other dogs missed him like crazy but helped each other and us through it :huggles:

The circle of life . . . . . . :b   :- "  ;)   :lol:

:luck: hope that little boy makes his way to you soon :thumbsup:   ;)

Awwwwwwww Doris,you are getting me emotional :b

daledogs said:
~Sarah~ said:
sarahloveland said:

Thanks for that but I know that my OH is right,we have 5 young kids and 3 gorgeous whippies so I know that another pup is really out of the question. I thinks he would worry that if we got a pup now then it would only be a matter of time before I started on again about getting another one! We have to draw the line somewhere. :( :( They are so addictive though, aren't they?!

sarahloveland said:
daledogs said:
~Sarah~ said:
sarahloveland said:

Thanks for that but I know that my OH is right,we have 5 young kids and 3 gorgeous whippies so I know that another pup is really out of the question. I thinks he would worry that if we got a pup now then it would only be a matter of time before I started on again about getting another one! We have to draw the line somewhere. :( :( They are so addictive though, aren't they?!

5 young uns (w00t) what ages are they?

daledogs said:
sarahloveland said:
daledogs said:
~Sarah~ said:
sarahloveland said:

5 young uns (w00t) what ages are they?

Oldest 13 then 12,9,8 and 6!!! I know I should stop at 3 whippies but I think kids deserve a dog each! (w00t) Better hope OH doesn't read this!!! :- " :- "

sarahloveland said:
Oldest 13 then 12,9,8 and 6!!! I know I should stop at 3 whippies but I think kids deserve a dog each!  (w00t) Better hope OH doesn't read this!!! :- "  :- "
OMG!!! Aint you got a TV in your house (w00t) :lol: I'm one of 4, its great now we're older, always so someone to talk to or go out with or ask to babysit :thumbsup:

he is so nice, I think you should call him Dennis :thumbsup:

when we were looking for our stripey boy, I wanted Dennis or Freddie (Arsenal fan :D ) but Monty's name suited him so well that we didn't want to change it :huggles:

my next stripey boy will be Dennis or Freddie for sure :)

Has this gorgeous little man got a home yet? :wub: :wub:

I think he looks like a Freddie

Hi - I know of someone in Bristol who might be looking to get a second whippet (they have an 18 month old Brindle male)... Can you PM me with details of cost and I shall pass them on.

Thanks

:oops: managed message below (I think!)

Last edited by a moderator:
doris said:
Then one day my friends lovely little cavalier suddenly got sick and died - my friend was heart broken and said she would never get another dog

5 weeks later she got a puppy!  She said she couldn't cope with the house feeling so empty, even though her husband and son where there.

Then a work mates dog died of old age.  He had the sister to the dog and she basically pined to death, wouldn't eat or anything, literally wasted away :(

Then last year our beloved Sunny was PTS :(   The other dogs missed him like crazy but helped each other and us through it :huggles:

The circle of life . . . . . . :b   :- "  ;)   :lol:

:luck: hope that little boy makes his way to you soon

That's so true and touching - going with the flow of what life and circumstances throw your way - I know that once I have picked up my Tito from Dawn's tomorrow :wub: and got to know him and he's begun to grow into his true character, I will be very temped to add another whippy to the mix, for his sake of course o:) I have been warned that once you fall for a whippet it's impossible to stop at one (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back