The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Dog Puppy Available

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
jostler said:
doris said:
When we just had Sunny we did think that he might get a bit lonely, but being an 'only whippet' meant that he got lots of attention and it was easy to take him everywhere with us. :D
Then one day my friends lovely little cavalier suddenly got sick and died - my friend was heart broken and said she would never get another dog

5 weeks later she got a puppy!  She said she couldn't cope with the house feeling so empty, even though her husband and son where there.

That upset me so much that we decided to get another whippet, Sunny would have company and we'd never have that empty feeling, so along came Devon. :huggles:

Then a work mates dog died of old age.  He had the sister to the dog and she basically pined to death, wouldn't eat or anything, literally wasted away :(

So along came Genie, our first iggie, to prove that 3 is not a crowd :- "

But Genie was so small and even though she is really tough, she couldn't wrestle and play in the same way that the whippets could, we felt she was missing out on a mate her own size ;)

So along came our tiny little Zoe :wub:

Then last year our beloved Sunny was PTS :(   The other dogs missed him like crazy but helped each other and us through it :huggles:

But we thought Devon was sad being an 'only whippet' so we got Monty (w00t)

The circle of life . . . . . . :b   :- "  ;)   :lol:

:luck: hope that little boy makes his way to you soon

That's so true and touching - going with the flow of what life and circumstances throw your way - I know that once I have picked up my Tito from Dawn's tomorrow :wub: and got to know him and he's begun to grow into his true character, I will be very temped to add another whippy to the mix, for his sake of course o:) I have been warned that once you fall for a whippet it's impossible to stop at one (w00t)

Thats very true whippets are very addicted ,we started out with blue now iv got three people think im mad :teehee: but im stopping at 3 :- " or so i keep telling myself :p

I keep telling myself too...stop at 3, don't know if I can though. Just waiting for the go ahead from OH then there will be no stopping me!! (w00t) (w00t) It's only money at the end of the day and you can't take it with you!! :lol:

sarahloveland said:
I keep telling myself too...stop at 3, don't know if I can though. Just waiting for the go ahead from OH then there will be no stopping me!!  (w00t)   (w00t) It's only money at the end of the day and you can't take it with you!!  :lol:
You really want another,don't you :lol: :lol:

daledogs said:
sarahloveland said:
I keep telling myself too...stop at 3, don't know if I can though. Just waiting for the go ahead from OH then there will be no stopping me!!  (w00t)   (w00t) It's only money at the end of the day and you can't take it with you!!  :lol:

Oh I do!! I am sooo broody at the mo. I know I won't rest until OH gives in....I am on a mission now!!! :lol: :lol:

sarahloveland said:
daledogs said:
sarahloveland said:

Oh I do!! I am sooo broody at the mo. I know I won't rest until OH gives in....I am on a mission now!!! :lol: :lol:

i was stopping at three,now look at my signature (w00t) :lol: :lol:

if its any help,i find 4 just as easy as three,hope i can say the same at having 5 :eek: :lol: :oops: and our old lurcher makes it 6 :sweating:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am very sad to say that DF has said no for now and to keep to the plan of looking for a litter, born in september/october time when we will be settled into our new home (we are in the process of moving) and Sidney will be settled and used to his new surrounds too :( :( :( :(

I hope you manage to find the little fella a lovely new home very soon Dawn.x

Im so sorry Rachael - :( maybe the times just not quite right..... I have high hopes now that he will come round and let you have another Im sure of it. :huggles:

Good luck Dawn, Im sure this little fella will have home very soon. :wub: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornish said:
Well, I am very sad to say that DF has said no for now and to keep to the plan of looking for a litter, born in september/october time when we will be settled into our new home (we are in the process of moving) and Sidney will be settled and used to his new surrounds too :(   :(   :(   :(
I hope you manage to find the little fella a lovely new home very soon Dawn.x

oh bless, you sound so disappointed :( but sometimes the voice of reason just has to be the one we listen too :unsure:

good luck with your move and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding your perfect pup when the time is right :luck:

doris said:
Cornish said:
Well, I am very sad to say that DF has said oh bless, you sound so disappointed :( but sometimes the voice of reason just has to be the one we listen too :unsure:

good luck with your move and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding your perfect pup when the time is right :luck:

Thanks everyone... I know you are right. :(

I was not born with much paitience I am afraid :- "

Still he has said a date now so I will keep him to it...

If anyone knows are any litter due around the end of September/October pleas let me know :thumbsup:

Cornish said:
doris said:
Cornish said:
Well, I am very sad to say that DF has said oh bless, you sound so disappointed :( but sometimes the voice of reason just has to be the one we listen too :unsure:

If anyone knows are any litter due around the end of September/October pleas let me know :thumbsup:

awwwwwww bless her little cotton socks,you never know he might be still hear :D

Peter might be having a lady freind coming this weekend,if so the litter will be ready end of Sept/beginning of October.

daledogs said:
Cornish said:
doris said:
Cornish said:

Peter might be having a lady freind coming this weekend,if so the litter will be ready end of Sept/beginning of October.

Now wouldnt that be coooooollll Rachael.... more Peter puppies... :wub:

daledogs said:
Cornish said:
doris said:
Cornish said:

OOOhhh, keep me posted Dawn :thumbsup:

Have just seen the gorgeous little man when I picked up my Tito this morning :wub: I was sorely tempted to tuck him in with his brother - they are the most DIVINELY handsome litter of pups and so lively and intelligent with beautiful faces and expressions. Dawn you and Rob and the fabulous Angel o:) have done such a brilliant job. Thank you so much for our gorgeous Tito :huggles: :huggles: I'll post some pics tomorrow I promise :sweating:

come on women what ya mean youl post piccys tomoz ,i never got in till 12.35 in the morning picking tia up by 12.45 i had sum up :- " so pull your finger out and give us sum PICCYS PLEASE (w00t) :lol: tia sends lots of lickys to her brother :huggles:

nicky12 said:
come on women what ya mean youl post piccys tomoz ,i never got in till 12.35 in the morning picking tia up by 12.45 i had sum up  :- " so pull your finger out and give us sum PICCYS PLEASE  (w00t)   :lol: tia sends lots of lickys to her brother  :huggles:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jane got to get the hang of putting photos on here,i,m sure she will get the hang of it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

daledogs said:
nicky12 said:
come on women what ya mean youl post piccys tomoz ,i never got in till 12.35 in the morning picking tia up by 12.45 i had sum up  :- " so pull your finger out and give us sum PICCYS PLEASE  (w00t)   :lol: tia sends lots of lickys to her brother  :huggles:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jane got to get the hang of putting photos on here,i,m sure she will get the hang of it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wub: I bet they are right cutie babies :huggles:

Come on lady where are the photos of the gorgeous Tito :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back