The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Pups

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi im in edinburgh and we are looking for a whippet puppy or a breeder expceting pups soon.

if anyone knows of any within a reasonable distance please let me know as we are havong trouble finding any north of the border.

thanks

katie

Hi ther katie ,welcome to k9 ,maybe a little about yourself would help ,good luck in your search :cheers:

have you tried the kennel club :thumbsup:

:oops: sorry.............welcome to k9

Why on earth do you want a whippet...................... :lol:

I hope you find what your looking for :thumbsup:

AnnSa said:
Why on earth do you want a whippet......................  :lol:  

I hope you find what your looking for  :thumbsup:

same reason as you did Ann..............to drive you potty (w00t)

k4tie-d said:
hi im in edinburgh and we are looking for a whippet puppy or a breeder expceting pups soon.if anyone knows of any within a reasonable distance please let me know as we are havong trouble finding any north of the border.

thanks

katie

Hi and welcome to K9 :D I had to go farther afield to get Blue last year but it was so worth the drive! Good luck in your search :luck:

Jill

x

hey sorry i never even thought, im edinburgh live with my hubby and 2 kiddies, wev been talking about a dog for a few months now but have only really just started looking spent weeks discussing what type of dog and looking them up and reading about them and a whippet although very cute, seems perfect on paper and by the sounds of all the people in the different forms iv never heard a bad word said about them. i would have liked to have got a rescue whippet but there even harder to get than pups, also my hubby wasnt so keen as he says when you have smaller kids you should always get a pup so it can grow up with them. which im not going to argue with cause the pups are sooooo cute.

iv never had a dog before this is all new to me i was brought up with cats and feel a wee bit like i missed out.

but hubby has always had dogs his mum used to do crufts wath her dogs (dulux paint ones not sure what there called) and his sister now works in a vet so we will have lots of helpfull advice and suport.

anyway were looking just now but really need to wait till may as im at college 2days a week at the moment and it wouldnt be fair but i will be finished on the 14th of may untill mid september where i will be back to 2 days a week but hubby should be able to take it to work so it wont be on its own.

anyways i will keep you posted

xx

Welcome to k9 :cheers: we had to travel hundreds of miles for all ours but it was worth it :wub: :huggles:

Good luck :luck:

if you go to mthe pedigrtee clubs section and contact a member for either (or both) the Calidonian Thistle or the Scottish Pedigree WRC they will be able to help you out and you'll be able to go to one of their race meetings and get to meet some whippets up close and personal before you make your final descission. :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
  we had to travel hundreds of miles for all ours but it was

it doesnt bother me travling hundreds of miles but i worry for the puppy haveing to travel the hundreds of miles back with us, in a strange car with strange people. if i could find one closer to home i think it would be better for everyone as we could visit the pup a few times before picking up and if the breeder wanted they could visit the pup to see how it was doing.

xxx

k4tie-d said:
*Lesley* said:
  we had to travel hundreds of miles for all ours but it was

it doesnt bother me travling hundreds of miles but i worry for the puppy haveing to travel the hundreds of miles back with us, in a strange car with strange people. if i could find one closer to home i think it would be better for everyone as we could visit the pup a few times before picking up and if the breeder wanted they could visit the pup to see how it was doing.

xxx

Welcome to K9 and good luck with your search :thumbsup:

all have one of yours keith but i dont know how i will handle going from 0-2 in 6months (w00t)

ill have words with my OH and see what he thinks but im just guessing here that he will say NO!!! lol

keith if you stuck for homes (which im sure you wont be) i would be more than delighted if i could take one of your hands, il have to think about taking a year out of college though. what do you think will jillys pups be worth that??

i think they might :- "

im sure keith you will have plenty of people banging your door down for jills babies. and you will forget all about me :(

If you are decided upon a well bred pedigree whippet, why not check out the KC puppy register for whippet puppys OR contact the breed club secretarys in your area for a list of breeders with pups available?

Have you thought of popping down to Kirkcaldy? They have a whippet racing club there, in fact they've got a race meet on today.

Kirkcaldy Whippet Racing Club

Randolph Playing Fields, Randolph Industrial Estate, Kirkcaldy, Scotland

Contact Val

01241 431189

mmmm Ruby says Hi... :lol:

Resized_Puppies_23rd_March_11_days_030.jpg

hi ruby cant wait to meet you :wub: :wub:

hope your being good for your mummy :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back