The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

White Puppy

Pipa

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We got a completely white puppy whose parents are brindle. He is funny, isn't he? :))

Joke_17n.jpg

Could he be a cream?

Have a look at this colour genetics page - the gene for creme can mask other colours. Please post more photos of him as he grows older - if he is a cream, he should have brown pigment on his nose.

He is lovely, whatever the genetics. My first two whippets were both high whites, so I do have a soft spot for the china-like appearance of very light coloured whippets.

o:) He's such a sweetheart. And often white dogs (especially boxers, I believe) are found to be deaf. Does he seem able to hear?

And don't say he's funny - whippets are very sensitive creatures, you know!

:rolleyes:

He is too small now, but at this moment his nose seems black ( although not all) and black pigmentation of lips. Skin (not fur) on ears looks dark.

Joke_fr.jpg

Just look at that face! What is his breeding, if one may ask?

He looks like a cream to me. I think they're stunning looking dogs. I remember the first whippets I saw up close where cream litter mates. I was fascinated by them, they looked like alabaster statues. I will remember them always, beautiful! Dont think I hae seen one since either, they're certainly not common in Australia.

Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, he is adorable. :wub: :wub: :wub:

What a cutie , what colours are his litter mates ?

#aww what an unusual little puppy :wub: - but still gorgeous. :wub: my first whippet was all white with one fawn eye patch.

He is lovely :wub: :wub: :wub:

Pic's of the other puppies please :thumbsup:

what pretty puppies , he must really look the `odd` one out :wub:

The dark,dark brindle (Puzzle?) and June Joke for me - the two opposites! :D

I also had a 'white' whippet once bred from two fawn & whites but I've since been told he was a creme. Actually when he was wet you could see very faint fawn patches on him - they were more distinct when he was a baby in the whelping box and I thought they were "wee wee" stains and kept trying to clean him! :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back