The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

White Puppy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am sure Pipa's puppy will have lot more colour come through over aperiod of time, definitely on his ears and possibly some pale spots on his body.

Lida

HI Pipa

In nine whippet litters I've had four "white" whippets. We lost one at birth the other three all grew up and had no deafness - only that thing that all whippets have called 'selective deafness' LOL. Try not to worry. I would venture to say that deafness in whippets is rare. Even in white ones.

I'd just about put money on it that your puppy IS NOT WHITE! I think she is cream. Her nose may appear brown rather than black when she matures. It's an absolutely BEAUTIFUL colour. Please dont worry. Keep her!

Lana I know a deaf whippet not far from me. It's a dark fawn parti bred by a well known breeder.

I'e also heard that deafness is a problem in 'extreme white' whippets. They talk about it abit on a US whippet forum.

Linda

Pipa said:
I am already upset and tried to use simply home metods to check is he deaf or blind ? No, he hears and sees. But does he need a BAER test in anyway to be sure in it?
We had this discussion on another board. I believe the consensus was that there has been no proven correlation IN WHIPPETS between extreme white and the deaf gene.

Please don't worry yourself. It might be worth keeping an eye on and if a problem develops you know what to look for.

Yes there have been deaf whippets - but not necessarily associated at all with extreme whiteness.

Wendy

All those puppies are absolutley gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: I think all whippets have selective hearing anyway mine can be very deaf if they want to be :lol: :wub:

Beautiful puppies Ocarina, love them :wub:

Most all Whippets can hear a crisp being eaten from 100 metres :D

Thanks to all for your opinion! :huggles: Wonderful site! :thumbsup:

Karen said:
Beautiful puppies Ocarina, love them :wub:

Most all Whippets can hear a crisp being eaten from 100 metres :D

:D :D :D

Isn't that just the truth!! Or a slight movement of your keys even if they're tucked up under a 13 tog duvet...... :)

:oops: :oops: :oops: I do not know what i did here?????

Last edited by a moderator:
kirislin said:
I'd just about put money on it that your puppy IS NOT WHITE!  I think she is cream.  Her nose may appear brown rather than black when she matures.  It's an absolutely BEAUTIFUL colour.  Please dont worry.  Keep her!Lana I know a deaf whippet not far from me.  It's a dark fawn parti bred by a well known breeder.

I'e also heard that deafness is a problem in 'extreme white' whippets.  They talk about it abit on a US whippet forum.

Linda

The whole photo has a yellow tinge, I am quite sure the puppy is white.

I have also spoke with a breeder with a life long experience with Whippets and good knowledge of genetics. She told me she had some extreme white pups herself and seen others, all had perfect hearing. The white linked deafness is caused by the white in conjunction with the merle gene, which Whippets do not have.

Pipa, please post some more pictures of your litter soon! :thumbsup:

Lida

Hi Pipa,

I saw the picture of your pup few days back - on the Slovak Sighthound Club site - I fell in love with him then... what a precious thing! :wub:

Congrats to the litter!

Here are a couple of new photos.

Jk_2h.jpg

Jk_2.jpg

What gorgeous photos Pipa - puppies are just o:) :wub: Id definitely have that white puppy :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: Jesper is gorgeous too :wub: :wub:

Jasmin and the white one are lush! :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back