The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who a BARF feeder then?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
lamping man said:
Hi everyone. I'm very intersted in the BARF diet and as soon as I can I am going across to Anglia Meat Products to buy some of there Traditional Mix. It is said to contain natural bone,lamb meat, heart liver and tripe with a blend of green and root veggies plus rice oats and maize. Sounds good. I will probably end up giving it to the dogs as well!! Seriously though, has anybody tried this particular product??
Yes, not impressed ............ nor were the dogs! I use the normal AMP products like freeflow Lamb, Breast Trim, Roast Chicken, their standard tripe, heart chunks, tripe chunks etc

The Whippets also like their gluten free mixer

We use their Natures Menu Complete Beef Mince and their Complete Lamb Mince (with the veggies and bones in it).

We used to just get the meat mince without the rest and the dogs were okay with it, but they LOVE this mix, so when we give mince this is what they get now.

Wendy

We use the AMP freeflow beef and the tripe then get the rest heart ect from the butchers.

since being on the BARF diet the dog we had the problem with has got realy good new hair growth already, just about sorted the amounts out they need after a bit of trial and error.

Now my whippet . the famous Saucy Madam of whom you all have heard and who needs no further introduction is now a firm devotee of the BARF diet. Thanks to all those who have helped with info. As the Madam is something of an aristocrat on 4 legs, she has always been a very fussy eater. Not now folks! Chicken wings,tripe, lamb, heart ,you name it. I bought a new blender today specially for her. I bunged all the meat and veg into it , not a great success but I will do them separately tomorrow and I think I need to add a little water to the veggies.I'm having great fun and really enjoying this barf business. She is so full of energy, so you lot who think you have got good coursing dogs better rethink your strategies for next season!! The Madam (after pups) is going to be phenomenal!!

Never one to exagerate. The one you cannot silence....

Lampingman

My lot with their Turkey Legs tonight.

If it wasn't for the flooring, you'd think she'd just killed this out in the wild :D

She's making sure this one doesn't get away ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Vicky. Brilliant pics. I haven't heard of turkey legs for whippets. Tell me, how often do they get them and for which meal. Thanks

Chris

Hi Vicky. Brilliant pics. I haven't heard of turkey legs for whippets. Tell me, how often do they get them and for which meal. Thanks
They've been having them once a week, tonight they've had them for supper.

But Vicky can you name all the foods Ella won't devour as if she hadn't been fed for a month? :D

The difference is she has to chew raw food & bones and they last her, whereas anything else goes down whole & lasts all of 3 seconds.

One of the many advantages of feeding the BARF diet is the exercise that the dog gets just by feeding. Your great pictures Vicky illustrate how the dogs front legs are being used and this helps develop the muscles in the legs and neck.

LAMPY, will you now then be sponsoring a meeting? THE BARF CUP? :x explain that name to somebody who doesn't know about B.A.R.F!

Great pics Vicky!! I haven't tried Oliver on a turkey leg, but Claire the greyhound loves 'em! Freddie the greyhound, bless his cotton socks, prefers chicken wings as he doesn't have to work so hard! :rolleyes:

lamping man - I always add a can of chopped tomatoes to the veggie mix as Freddie is particularly devoted to all things tomato (including tomato sauce!) and the juice helps water down the veggies. I usually add some water too, just to help the blender along. :)

Have also been reliably informed that tomato juice in a bitch's diet helps reduce the urine burn on grass. Hard to tell in my garden, but you never know!! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
lamping man - I always add a can of chopped tomatoes to the veggie mix as Freddie is particularly devoted to all things tomato (including tomato sauce!) and the juice helps water down the veggies.
Same here, without it though Ella gets bad cramp.

Tomatoes are great at breaking down fat :D alot of Greyhound trainers use them in their dogs diets :thumbsup:

The BARF CUP indeed. Sounds good to me Mark. We would need though to get it passed by the girlie committee members. Could be tough mate. :( . Lampy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back