The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Who a BARF feeder then?

Yummy .......Tomatoes and alcohol :x ......I'll just have the alcohol if you don't mind (w00t) (w00t)

Thanks to Oliverpliers for the canned tomato suggestion i'll try her on it after the weekend. Mixed the veggies with water tonight in the blender. Much better.

Lampingman :)

Have fed barf for 10 years,dogs love it teeth perfect, coats perfect. Try turkey necks and chicken necks and i buy breast of lamb which is ribs with meat on. He only charges quid and he will chop it through which means you can feed as many ribs as you like ithink 2 per meal is enough. There is a parasite in raw beef which affects the brain of the dog and is fatal but this is killed by freezing so as far as beef is concerned i freeze it first. Seaweed powder is a good supplement along with veggies suggested by other k9ers. jan :thumbsup:

jayp said:
Have fed barf for 10 years,dogs love it teeth perfect, coats perfect. Try turkey necks and chicken necks and i buy breast of lamb which is ribs with meat on. He only charges quid and he will chop it through which means you can feed as many ribs as you like ithink 2 per meal is enough. There is a parasite in raw beef which affects the brain of the dog and is fatal but this is killed by freezing so as far as beef is concerned i freeze it first. Seaweed powder is a good supplement along with veggies suggested by other k9ers. jan :thumbsup:

Totally agree. :thumbsup: My Dobermann had a very bad skin condition 15 months ago, that the vet said would plague her for life and she was on regular medication. Since making the switch to BARF, her skin and coat are as good as new and i've also found her to be more chilled out! She was fed on expensive complete before. She no longer is on medication and the vet is amazed (although they themselves don't promote BARF :- " )

The Whippets have been on it from me getting them, they love it and look in great condition. I've also converted my mums Lurcher and Whippet onto it and they look great too. Her Whippet was a fussy eater when he arrived (on complete) but he isn't anymore! :)

I bought a second hand freezer out of the paper for £20 and i use this to store the dogs meat. It's very easy once you get into it. :)

hiya ive got 5 dogs 1xspringer, 1xbeddy,1xwhipetx 2xworkin cockers all fed on the barf diet, most natural diet a dog could have. no colours,preservatives, no additives no muck. behaviour is 110% better. always make sure that any meat you give your dog has been frozen first as this kills any bacterier. where as we cook it to kill any bacteria. i always freeze my bones b4 i feed them too. i have a pet shop and we are finding more an more people are feeding the barf diet. and i find they dont dont get upset tummys like they used too. speak soon. dorris

All 3 of my staffs are fed Barf..

chicken wings/turkey necks/legs etc

from my local pet show i can get pouches of meat(beef/tripe/chicken) for 35p each and there big enough for one meal(one each) s they get that on a daily basis too..

also a raw egg every other day/two days

lamb ribs are ok, sometimes to rich for certain dogs, tins of tuna in sunflower oil, for the veg i buy bags f steam veg and use the blender on it, and mix it all up..

on average it cost £5 a week per dog(3) to feed them as i buy in bulk.

as for rabbits and worms.. try leaving abit of the fur on the meat for eat dog, and any worms will get intangled in the fur and come out in the poo :)

take alook at these sites.

www.njboxers.com

http://healthydogforlife.com

ATB Martin

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back