The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wildlife

k4tie-d

StarR Collars
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
we were out in the garden today and somthing popped its head under the fence, the dogs saw it first but luckly the couldnt fit through the gap, i look over and to my surprise this little cutie was sitting there, it must have stayed there for a couple of mins untill the noise was made from my camera and it was off, think it was one of the babies from the alotments :wub:

DSC04522.jpg

a swan from our walk tonight!

DSC04524.jpg

and this must be pretty high up on the most disscussting things list, had to hold ruby and star back from trying to eat this little guy :x :x :x

DSC04517.jpg

It' a baby frog! Hope it survives. There were no tadpoles in our local pond this year due to 4 wheel off roaders driving through it. Hardly any dragonflies either.

Look after that little frog! :cheers:

bertha said:
It' a baby frog! Hope it survives. There were no tadpoles in our local pond this year due to 4 wheel off roaders driving through it. Hardly any dragonflies either.
Look after that little frog! :cheers:

sorry to dissapoint you but it was well and truely dead when i got to it :(

Oh, that little fox is so beautiful. How old would you say it is now? You are so lucky being able to see the fox family bring up their young so close.

Pax and Zulu have a fetish for eating dead things. Their dish du jour is usually rotting crab legs, followed by decomposing seagull. :x Amazingly enough, I have expected to be up all night with them having sickness and diarrhoea and yet they never affect them????

Linbin said:
Oh, that little fox is so beautiful. How old would you say it is now? You are so lucky being able to see the fox family bring up their young so close.
Pax and Zulu have a fetish for eating dead things. Their dish du jour is usually rotting crab legs, followed by decomposing seagull.  :x   Amazingly enough, I have expected to be up all night with them having sickness and diarrhoea and yet they never affect them????

not to sure i guess we have seen them since just before we got ruby and star and they would have been in the den a bit longer than that, so maybe they are the same age as our lot, it was quite funny cause harry the wee boy down stairs (hes 4) shouted its the fox and the hound, so we were in hysterics cause of course he didnt reliese that ruby and star are hounds he was just talking about the film.

:wub: :wub: Oh that fox cub is just adorable!! :wub: :wub:

What a wonderful photo, how lucky to have your camera handy! I'd love to have foxes nearby; their one of my favourite animals :huggles:

Beautiful little baby

xXx

Linbin said:
Pax and Zulu have a fetish for eating dead things. Their dish du jour is usually rotting crab legs, followed by decomposing seagull.  :x   Amazingly enough, I have expected to be up all night with them having sickness and diarrhoea and yet they never affect them????
Sounds like my girls :lol:

Lovely pictures, the fox like most young creatures is so cute :wub:

aww that fox cub is so cute,we also feed a family just over the road from us and most nights there all sat in a line looking over at our house :p

im not sure but think dogs wont eat frogs dead or alive cause arent they poisonous???

trish g said:
aww that fox cub is so cute,we also feed a family just over the road from us and most nights there all sat in a line looking over at our house :p
im not sure but think dogs wont eat frogs dead or alive cause arent they poisonous???

you know what i dont have a clue but they found it first and they looked pretty keen to do somthing with it :x so i held them back on the lead to take the pic then pretty much had to drag them away from it.

Awww that little fox cub is so beautiful :wub: I love foxes. I used to have one that came to my front door and it ate slices of turkey from Tesco, it was so tame it would take it from my hand. Then it stopped coming :(

That fox is beautiful!

And so close :wub:

Not quite as lovely as Ruby and Star tho :huggles:

Why do dogs eat dead things? And poo?

Beautiful Photos Katie... :thumbsup:

I would be very careful not to entice the cub too close to your girls or children though...or feed them. They can become very brave and will try to steal food ...

and can give a very nasty bite.

Im not trying to be nasty in any way...just thinking of your children and pups... :huggles: :huggles: even though the fox cubs do 'look' cute... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Janimal said:
Beautiful Photos Katie... :thumbsup:
I would be very careful not to entice the cub too close to your girls or children though...or feed them.  They can become very brave and will try to steal food ...

and can give a very nasty bite.

Im not trying to be nasty in any way...just thinking of your children and pups... :huggles:   :huggles: even though the fox cubs do 'look' cute... :wub:

dont worry janis, we kept the dogs well away, and well the kids just had a look, wouldnt want it to come to close, as they seem to have survived quite well on their own so they dont need us. plus i dont fancy the pups cathing fleas or worse from them :(

It is amazing just how close they come to you up there though, curiosity I suppose.. :lol:

Amazing photo of it... :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back