The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Winter Simulated Coursing & Race Day!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Looking forward to Sunday!Are there any more address details than just the postcode, or will it be obvious where we are going when we get there?

Liz and the Monellis
Hi, I have been to the venue before but am useless at directions. Mark is going to put some homemade signs out for us to help guide us in!!! If I was driving I would say don't follow the green discovery but Paddy is driving so if you see a blue sprinter you are safe to follow!!!! See you Sunday.

The Coursing Crew will be running a simulated coursing & racing day on the 7th November at Charlton Nr Banbury NN13 5PJ. entries taken on the day. booking in from 9am. £5 per entry.
Just bumping this one back to the top to remind people it's on this weekend.

Debs
Cheers Love,

Don't forget your line dancing pants we might get chance to swing them!!!

I'm so sorry, but I have to scratch Sox from the whippet coursing :(

She is still carrying an injury she sustained at Hook Norton in the final and I don't want to aggravate it. I was hoping she would be 100% by the weekend but it's just not worth risking her - she's too good :D

I'm so sorry, but I have to scratch Sox from the whippet coursing :(
She is still carrying an injury she sustained at Hook Norton in the final and I don't want to aggravate it. I was hoping she would be 100% by the weekend but it's just not worth risking her - she's too good :D
Hi Jane,

Have taken Sox off the list its fine, unfortunatley these things happen & you are right not to risk making things worse!! Shame she won't be able to defend her title from last year!!

See you Sunday!!

Does anyone know what the parking situation is at this venue, please? :unsure:

Just wondering what the ground will be like and whether my van is going to sink/need to be pulled out??? (w00t) :sweating:

Just wondering what the ground will be like and whether my van is going to sink/need to be pulled out??? (w00t) :sweating:
If it is the same permission as prior years?!?! There shouldnt be no trouble - It is all tarmaced roads in and out of the hard standing courtyard :thumbsup:

If it is the same permission as prior years?!?! There shouldnt be no trouble - It is all tarmaced roads in and out of the hard standing courtyard :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: it's the same one

The weather forecast is hopeful :thumbsup:

We'll be leaving around 5.30am to try to get there for 9am!!! (w00t)

Will it be lurchers first? If so, we are bringing two :D

The weather forecast is hopeful :thumbsup:
We'll be leaving around 5.30am to try to get there for 9am!!! (w00t)

Will it be lurchers first? If so, we are bringing two :D
nice and early for you :-

im approx an hr away

will the postcode get us directly there or is it nearby for us sat nav uses..im useless at directions,totally relay on me sat nav

see you there

mouse is looking forward to having a run :thumbsup: but needs to know if its bacon sarnies on the menu :teehee: or expensive food van lol :clown:

Haven't got sat nav but I entered the postcode on streetmap & it does take you to the right place :))

mouse is looking forward to having a run :thumbsup: but needs to know if its bacon sarnies on the menu :teehee: or expensive food van lol :clown:
Hi, Paddy is going to do a few bacon & sausage cobs so not an expensive food van, but will only be doing them before the coursing as during he will be busy!!! We will do teas & coffee as well & Deb is doing a big pot of stew for after!!! MMMM!!! Safe journey.

Haven't got sat nav but I entered the postcode on streetmap & it does take you to the right place :))
Thanx Maggi, as you know I don't do directions just know we won't be parking on muddy fields

Is there any chance someone could PM me a mobile number to get hold of you guys if we get stuck in traffic or held up along the way, please?

I would hate to come all that way and find we were too late to book Mouse and Cait in for the lurcher coursing so if anything goes wrong at least we can ring you and let you know we're on the way :thumbsup:

Is there any chance someone could PM me a mobile number to get hold of you guys if we get stuck in traffic or held up along the way, please?
I would hate to come all that way and find we were too late to book Mouse and Cait in for the lurcher coursing so if anything goes wrong at least we can ring you and let you know we're on the way :thumbsup:

Have pm'd you numbers

Have pm'd you numbers
Same here re. the numbers please ... we're coming down from North Wales with the whippets so an early start and potential traffic problems for us too. Cheers

Have pm'd you numbers

Cheers m'dear!! :D

Thanks again to Paddy,Chris and the Coursing Crew for lovely day out.

Nice atmosphere,lots of banter.Well done to all the winners,especially the lovely Helen,winning the double :thumbsup:

Amandaxx

big thanks :thumbsup: to the coursing crew for a lovely day although it was abit chilly when the sun went in

Fantastic trophies and rossettes and friendly people

great to see Tracy with little moly..shes adorable and dainty little thing,glad the coats fits,keep as long as you want :wub:

and lovely to see annie with her gang who her Finn pipped to the post with my Bow(who by the 4th round had worked out the course and started to cheat as usual)

jinnyfizz(jane),tish and caroline who i totally forgot your name as havent see you for ages...and Vicky with her bunch,

very pleased with my girls,Lucy won the puppy racing against a lovely hairy lurcher..there was no stopping her,fixed on the lure :))

Bow got in the final,after running four runs including running back,and 4th in the straight racing although she was getting very tired

im sure pics will follow

cant wait t for next one

oh i forgot great food..the stew was much needed,it tasted yummy :cheers:

big thanks :thumbsup: to the coursing crew for a lovely day although it was abit chilly when the sun went in
Fantastic trophies and rossettes and friendly people

great to see Tracy with little moly..shes adorable and dainty little thing,glad the coats fits,keep as long as you want :wub:

and lovely to see annie with her gang who her Finn pipped to the post with my Bow(who by the 4th round had worked out the course and started to cheat as usual)

jinnyfizz(jane),tish and caroline who i totally forgot your name as havent see you for ages...and Vicky with her bunch,

very pleased with my girls,Lucy won the puppy racing against a lovely hairy lurcher..there was no stopping her,fixed on the lure :))

Bow got in the final,after running four runs including running back,and 4th in the straight racing although she was getting very tired

im sure pics will follow

Hi to everyone that came along today, we are just back & feed dogs. Want to say thanx to all competitors for the great sportsmanship & creating a brilliant day for us all. It was great to catch up with all our friends & meet some more!! A big thank you to Maggi for taking the photos yet again!!! & Deb for helping me out & making copious amounts of tea, coffee & food!!!

cant wait t for next one

oh i forgot great food..the stew was much needed,it tasted yummy :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back