Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Young Jeff Hutchings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He missed of the very as in very young :oops:

*Lesley* said:
nigelmcfc said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Young Jeff Hutchings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He missed of the very as in very young :oops:

From now on you`re going to be known as young Jeff!!

Ok then I suppose he is quite young...................................................................

For a GRANDAD :- " :p

lol :lol: :lol:

(Make F1 and F2 crosses, then inbreed and cull aggressively). The reason many people favour KC reg dogs with a pedigree is that they like a guarantee that the puppy they buy has not been bred in this way ;)

but really how do any of us know that kc registered dogs havent been bred in this way? people do fiddle kc paperwork what about people that keep registration forms when you buy a second hand dog why would they need that paper work? can you see my point?

usually F1 are when you mate a dog to another that is a different strain or breed

F2 is then mating a F1 back to the original type used.

F1 is the first offspring or filial generation, i.e. if you have kids they are your F1's; F2 is the second generation, i.e. if you have grandkids (you know, like YOUNG Jeff, they are your F2's; and so on. Successive generations of progeny in a controlled series of crosses, starting with two specific parents (the P generation) and selfing or intercrossing the progeny of each new (F1; F2; . . . ) generation.

These are normally contained within a closed breeding programe. For example, it goes on lots in breeding poultry. Parents are mated, then their young are often mated together, or father daughter, mother son matings occur. This goes on again in the next generation, were grandfather x granddaughter, or grandmother grandson takes place. It fixes traits you want within the bird because you keep doubling up in each subsequent generation on the genes within the given strain. No new blood being introduced is know as inbreeding (obviously). It can also fix unwanted genes into the strain as well, and this is when outcrossing becomes very important. In injection of 'foreign blood' every once in a while can cause hybrid vigour as the 'new genes' mix it up a bit.

The Balb/c mouse originated in 1923 by McDowell is a popular strain and is used in many different research disciplines. Classified as an inbred from the production of 20 or more successive brother-sister matings, the Balb/c mouse is albino and small in size.

I am not really sure why it was brought up in this thread, as I dont know of anybody breeding dogs this closely?

Although lots of people use the term, it would not really be appropriate to use it breeding lurchers as they are most definately NOT in inbred strain of dog. It can be confusing if used haphazardly. 'Genes eh', who would wear em?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my dogs whippets must be F1 as they go like racing cars!!!! :D (w00t)

Right, my very last word on the Sooty Sam /Mike Brown issue that`s been rumbling on on here for a couple of weeks. I talk to Mike now and again, and spoke to him on Sunday. A very interesting conversation. All I can say is that people in glass houses shouldn`t throw stones, I`m not saying no more :D :cheers: That is my final word on all this and I`ll leave you all to it :thumbsup:

nigelmcfc said:
Right, my very last word on the Sooty Sam /Mike Brown issue that`s been rumbling on on here for a couple of weeks. I talk to Mike now and again, and spoke to him on Sunday. A very interesting conversation. All I can say is that people in glass houses shouldn`t throw stones, I`m not saying no more  :D   :cheers: That is my final word on all this and I`ll leave you all to it :thumbsup:
Thanks for clearing that up everythings crystal now.

I`ll tell you what I mean one day Tripletree , PM me if you want :thumbsup:

I thought I`d put these pics up on here , the pics show why we value the SS blood so much .....

Sheer determination!!

Pics courtesy of Mini Me :thumbsup:

jackweb8.jpg

jackweb76.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back