The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

You do meet some funny people

JudyN

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
There's an Irish guy I often bump into who I first met when his lurcher, P, was 8 and Jasper was a puppy. Jasper worshipped P, and this guy, who was rather eccentric and often seemed as if he had breakfasted on Guinness, thought that J was wonderful and 'just the sort of dog they love over in Ireland'.

I met him this morning, without P, and asked how P was doing, thinking it was quite likely he wasn't with us any more as he'd be 16 now. My friend told me that some time ago, P had had a stroke. He hadn't expected him to pull through, so he dug a grave ready for P in his garden. Yet P bounced back, so he filled it in again.

A bit later, P had a bad infection and possible cancer in his foot and needed an anaesthetic so it could be operated on. The vet wasn't sure P would survive the anaesthetic, but my friend went ahead as the alternative was euthanasia... and went home to dig another grave.

The operation went well, there was no cancer and my friend said, 'P's going from strength to strength, but my back is completely bu@@ered' :D

Brilliant!:D (though I do hate that when you suddenly see someone you've chatted to, on and off for years usually, without their dog, I'm really rubbish coz if it is bad news I'm normally crying before they've even got the words out!)

wow! - his oldie is doing GREAT. :) It's a pity his back is suffering for it. :(

Brilliant!:D (though I do hate that when you suddenly see someone you've chatted to, on and off for years usually, without their dog, I'm really rubbish coz if it is bad news I'm normally crying before they've even got the words out!)

Oh I know - happened to me today. We met a regular dog walking acquaintance and I couldn't see her 12 year old with her. He's very arthritic and old for his breed and I immediately expected the worst. Luckily he was just a bit slower than usual this morning!

Me ^^
we know a man we call Beagle guy because he always walked with three beagles. When we saw him last he was only with one and I hardly dared to meet his eye. Luckily I didn't have to ask as he offered the info that one of the 3 had gone and the other was refusing to get out of his basket..
Now Im dreading bumping into Sam's owner Sam is/was a brown lab and I know she must be at least 12 her owners discovered a misformed shoulder when she was only 1 but they just adjusted to shorter walks and no running and loved her to bits.. I havent seen her since Christmas and my OH says her house looks sad...
I will miss her because she was just always so happy.

My dad used to walk my previous dog quite a lot. After the dog died, I met someone in the street who commented they hadn't seen my dad and dog for a while. I said no, sadly we lost him to cancer a couple of months earlier. They offered sincere condolences; it was only much later I realised the probably thought the 'him' I was referring to was my dad!

This is the only down side to the job I do, loving all my dogs like they are my own... Though on the plus side I reckon I'll be slowing down at the same rate as them, so we'll have many walks ahead of us all yet;)!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back