The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Young Blue Whippet Bitch With Broken Leg

nina

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just been emailed this. This poor little girl is in Ireland in a pound with a broken hind leg. She must obviously be in pain but apparently the pound wont/cant operate until she has been there 5 days as a dog is not considered their property until then.

However because she has shown aggression (probably due to th pain) they are going to put her to sleep on the 6th day. :eek:

Surely something can be done to help this little mite who has probably already had just about the worst start in life :(

Anyone have any idea's :eek:

I know i wont sleep tonight for thinking about her :(

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index....showtopic=58903

I am trying to add her photo but having problems!

Last edited by a moderator:
:( OMG poor lil thing :(

hope something can be done to help her :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

Oh this is just awful, the poor thing - will the pound release a dog they consider aggressive, what about contacting the pound to find out more details and then asking the RSPCA, surely she has the right to a chance

the link wont open for some reason

I cant believe she is being left in pain and then PTS

i saw this on another site before and i posted more or less the same as you nina cant something be done to help this little girl?if shes been left in agony with a broken leg then no wonder shes aggressive.cant the tilly fund do something for her? :(

[its heartbreaking & she is such a sweetie. I am really having trouble with my pc & it wont let me post her piccy :(

georgina said:
Oh this is just awful, the poor thing - will the pound release a dog they consider aggressive, what about contacting the pound to find out more details and then asking the RSPCA,  surely she has the right to a chance
the link wont open for some reason

I cant believe she is being left in pain and then PTS

Hi not sure if this will work, never post always lookong, but I have just been into the sight as I couldn't open the linl ans it now says 'Pts please close''. This is terrible but it seems that dogs count for very little over there

Lez

copied from site so people can see

Dog name: Mabel

Kennel number: 10

Sex: Female

Located: Dunboyne Pound

Picked up: Brookfield, Tallaght

If in pound is stray/surrender? Stray

In on: Mon 21st Jan

Needs out: Sat 26th January

Mabel is a beautiful dog. She's happy to stay in her bed. If you can help her please post, pm or call Martina on 086 2228902.

mabel.jpg

oh poor little lady :( its heartbreaking..bit of rope round her neck too :( :( ..this is so sad...hope someone helps her

has anyone rang the number? the date seems like its too late, :( surely someone from the show set in ireland could get her out if not? im sure the tilly fund would be able to sort a foster place :thumbsup:

Poor little girl, what a sad and awful thing to happen. I tried and couldn't open the link, and couldn't find her on the site.

aw poor little girl, this is a terrible situation :( I really hope its not to late for someone to help her as im sure there are plenty of people who would love to help in some way.

I have only been emailed these details tonight so i am going to ring them first thing in morning, i just hope to god its not too late, poor little mite :(

i just went on the site and the whole threads gone?i joined the site in order to pm dundonald dogs who posted the thread but it wont let me pm.a blanket policy of putting any aggressive dog to sleep is pretty horrendous as in this poor girls case shes been left in agony with a broken leg.they only have 5 days and then theyre put down :(

nina said:
I have only been emailed these details tonight so i am going to ring them first thing in morning, i just hope to god its not too late, poor little mite  :(
Good luck in the morning - I really hope they will let you help her :luck: :luck: :luck:

Its so sad, she is not being given a chance. Surely if someone offered to have her, rather than put such a young dog to sleep would they not rather give it a chance of a home for gods sake. :angry:

Hi

was my last note not read? the link was re titled 'Pts please close' and now does not show as its been removed.

It looks like we were to late RIP]

Hi

was my last note not read? the link was re titled 'Pts please close' and now does not show as its been removed.

It looks like we were to late RIP]

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back