The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Young Blue Whippet Bitch With Broken Leg

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lez said:
Hi

was my last note not read? the link was re titled 'Pts please close' and now does not show as its been removed.

It looks like we were to late RIP]

Oh god no, please dont say that :eek:

Surely not :(

I will ring tomorrow anyway & hope to god its not the case :(

Lez said:
Hiwas my last note not read? the link was re titled 'Pts please close' and now does not show as its been removed.

It looks like we were to late RIP]

oh poor little girl

RIP little girl :huggles:

i tried to pm dundonald dogs about her but it wont let me pm a member till my account has been approved :( this is soooo bloody frustrating.surely we can all get together to raise the money for this bitch and to get her over here to save her.im sure my vet will do this op and wont charge anything like 1,000 pounds. :eek:

:( God that is so sad, poor little girl. I was pretty aggressive when I broke my arm (like DO NOT TOUCH ME IT HURTS!!!). If the worst has happened then at least the poor little mite isn't suffering any more, just hope somebody was kind to her.

kris said:
i tried to pm dundonald dogs about her but it wont let me pm a member till my account has been approved :( this is soooo bloody frustrating.surely we can all get together to raise the money for this bitch and to get her over here to save her.im sure my vet will do this op and wont charge anything like 1,000 pounds. :eek:

Kris, if they will let her out, we can get her over here no problem & into a vet asap & get that leg sorted for her.

If they have gone ahead & put her to sleep, what kind of a place is this pound, trust me i will be seething tomorrow if they tell me this. :rant: :rant: :rant:

my pc is running so slow tonight its taking ages to do anything. :( one of the mods has just validated my account and ive started a thread asking for help about her.has she beeen pts or do they still have her and who should i contact to get her out?we may be too late but we have to try.its not just this pound nik its all pounds in ireland according to what ive read.they dont discriminate why a dogs aggressive ie scared frightened in pain or whatever.if they show any signs of aggression they pts. :(

This is awful...... i'll bet she hadnt been given any pain relief either. :angry:

Please, please, please let it not be so... :'(

its just not worth thinking about that she could be someones baby, I would be mortified if this was one of my girls and they had done nothing. :'(

kris said:
my pc is running so slow tonight its taking ages to do anything. :( one of the mods has just validated my account and ive started  a thread asking for help about her.has she beeen pts or do they still have her and who should i contact to get her out?we may be too late but we have to try.its not just this pound nik its all pounds in ireland according to what ive read.they dont discriminate why a dogs aggressive ie scared frightened in pain or whatever.if they show any signs of aggression they pts. :(

My pc is the same, ive rebooted it 3 times :angry:

I cant beleive places like this exist, how are they meant to be helping the animals then? :blink:

Between us if we can get a reply & find out if she is still there we can work together, i dont mind getting a ferry over to collect her if onle we can get her out :(

nina said:
kris said:
my pc is running so slow tonight its taking ages to do anything. :( one of the mods has just validated my account and ive started  a thread asking for help about her.has she beeen pts or do they still have her and who should i contact to get her out?we may be too late but we have to try.its not just this pound nik its all pounds in ireland according to what ive read.they dont discriminate why a dogs aggressive ie scared frightened in pain or whatever.if they show any signs of aggression they pts. :(

I cant beleive places like this exist, how are they meant to be helping the animals then? :blink:

Between us if we can get a reply & find out if she is still there we can work together, i dont mind getting a ferry over to collect her if onle we can get her out :(

i'm up for getting a ferry over too if you need a hand or company... or a bit of muscle to sort some folks out. :thumbsup:

[

quote=maggiemay2,Jan 28 2008, 10:18 PM]
nina said:
kris said:
my pc is running so slow tonight its taking ages to do anything. :( one of the mods has just validated my account and ive started a thread asking for help about her.has she beeen pts or do they still have her and who should i contact to get her out?we may be too late but we have to try.its not just this pound nik its all pounds in ireland according to what ive read.they dont discriminate why a dogs aggressive ie scared frightened in pain or whatever.if they show any signs of aggression they pts. :(

i'm up for getting a ferry over too if you need a hand or company... or a bit of muscle to sort some folks out. :thumbsup:

Ahh thats so kind, if we could get her out it would be nice to have a few of us :huggles:

How devastating :eek: She looked like she was still a baby. I can't believe this sort of thing goes on in todays world. Animals rights??? It makes me feel so helpless. RIP baby girl :(

Kris if you get an answer from your email let me know asap, if i can get any info on teh phone tomorrow i will let you know asap :thumbsup:

i dont nbelieve this.i started a thread and then went back and its gone so i started another and i checked it and it was ther eand then as soon as i clicked on urgent which is the forum she was on its gone again.i think theyll only let the rescues put posts in that forum so ive emailed and pmd dundonald dogs and told her to get in touch with me asap about her ive said ill guarantee shell get vet treatment for her lega nd well find a loving home for her too if theyll let her out :( fingers crossed :luck:

Oh god noooo

Thats terrible they cant be allowed to do that

No pain relief and PTS because shes aggressive are you surprised

Please say you can get her

:(

I can't get into the link either :( and when I go onto their siteall her details are gone and her pic is away though they do have pics of the other strays that were lifted that day,so maybe if they are still there and alive she is too???? but it really does sound awful about the poor wee mite,why on earth would they leave her with a broken leg for that length of time only to put her to sleep?? :angry: :rant:

I really don't understand the logic behind their reasoning???? And I sincerely hope that she has not been PTS already but if she has then at least as said earlier she is out of any pain. :( :(

Nik...let me know if you get thru or if you want me to ring them?

Last edited by a moderator:
05whippet said:
I can't get into the link either  :(   but it sounds awful about the poor wee mite,why on earth would they leave her with a broken leg for that length of time only to put her to sleep?? :angry:   :rant:

I really don't understand the logic behind their reasoning???? And I sincerely hope that she has not been PTS already but if she has then at least as said earlier she is out of any pain.  :(   :(

I feel sick even thinking about that scenario of her being pts after suffering for god knows how long before she went into this pound & then 5 days in the pound. :(

Please if there is a god up there give her this one chance for someone to try & help her.

my posts about here are on the site now.when ive been in and looked again the newest post doesnt start at the top as they do over here they start at the bottom of the page. :blink: so when i scrolled down they were on.so hopefully shell either get my email,pm or see my posts or someone on the site might be able to phone her and tell her were trying to get in contact.gawd im worn out!and stressed out. :sweating: i hope they contact me asap.this is soo frustrating tonight as my pc is acting up and its taking ages to get a page up. :angry: i just looked on there at a tiny whippet pup called lucky they found.he was in an absolutely terrible state in the pics,but luckily they managed to save his life and he found a home.they showed a pic of him with a jar of coffeee at the side of him and the jar of coffee is so much bigger than him and in the pic hes 14 weeks old.the state some of those dogs are in is unbelievable and theyre still alive too. :(

OMG! Just read this thread :rant: Please let us know whats happened to her! If they have put her down the press need to know how barbaric this pound is.Poor baby is in pain.When Im in pain I snap!! Ask hubby :- "

I am praying she is still with us :unsure:

I'm not gonna sleep tonight...

i guess though that is nothing compared to what this little girl is/has gone through

ive just had a reply from 2 members including dundonald dogs who was the op.im afraid were too late.shes been put to sleep. :(

ive asked them if they get any more whippets in if theyd contact us and sent them a link for k9 as im sure if another whippy ends up in there well all try to help.im devastated now,sorry too upset to post anything more :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back