The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Young Blue Whippet Bitch With Broken Leg

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
kris said:
ive just had  a reply from 2 members including dundonald dogs who was the op.im afraid were too late.shes been put to sleep. :( ive asked them if they get any more whippets in if theyd contact us and sent them a link for k9 as im sure if another whippy ends up in there well all try to help.im devastated now,sorry too upset to post anything more :(

how awful..... There is nothing as cruel as mankind,

goodnite people :'( :'(

kris said:
ive just had  a reply from 2 members including dundonald dogs who was the op.im afraid were too late.shes been put to sleep. :(

ive asked them if they get any more whippets in if theyd contact us and sent them a link for k9 as im sure if another whippy ends up in there well all try to help.im devastated now,sorry too upset to post anything more :(

Kris, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

Are you sure ??

They knew which one you meant?

When did this happen??????

How very sad - at least she's free from pain and fear now - rip little one

dundonald dogs said she was pts cos of 'temperament'probs.ive had a couple more pms from another member on there.she said its so hard to judge temp when a dog is in a stressful enviroment but seeing as she had a broken leg i dont think that helped. :angry:

theres another whippet been taken into a rescue over here i think shes sent me the link.

http://www.dogsindistress.org/node/1328

nana is with PAWS in the uk

Last edited by a moderator:
just caught up with this and am truly saddened.

I have never heard of a pound not being able to treat an injured animal because they don't own it - if I found a stray with a broken leg and took it to a vets for treatment, I could imagine the owners refusing to pay for it, but I can't imagine them mounting a successful prosecution, can you?

and what would happen if I knowingly left one of mine with an untreated break for 5 days? Surely, if they heard about it, the RSPCA would prosecute???

RIP little girl, i am so sorry that we heard about your plight too late :(

This is so sad. :( Sleep well little girl.

We were too late - I'm so, so sorry little Mabel

At least there is no more pain now

RIP little one xx Bless :wub:

just read this and im truely sadden to think of what the poor baby went through :(

such a sad ending for the little girl :(

Poor little Mabel. She wasn't very well served by humankind throughout her short life, was she.

Poor sweetheart.

No more pain dear girl.. Run free......

What an absolute tragedy.... :'( :'(

wouldnt care I was just about to add that we have a few friends in NI and did anyone want me to ring them about her.... :(

What a dreadful story... poor little mite I am truly sickened by this 'rescues' policy :rant: . For such an injury she should have been treated immediately, no matter whether the owners could be traced or not. I think if the owners are subsequently found then fair enough the vet bill should be their responsibility (If i lost any of my pets in such circumstances I would be happy to pay any vet fees involved). I wonder how many more animals suffer in such circumstances.

RIP little one.

This is such a terribly tragic story :( ...R.I.P Little Mable

Just wanted to add that the secretary of the Northern Ireland Whippet Club rang the number on this thread to let the concerned pound know that we do actually have a rescue fund for such cases and that we would have quite happily funded Mabel's op and found a lovely new home for her,she also left a message on the answering machine telling them that although it was too late for poor Mabel could they please contact us in the future if they have any more whippets and we will be more than happy to have them and rehome them ourselves,as of yet she has heard nothing back from them,we will keep on trying until we get a reply and keep you posted. ;)

:(

RIP Mabel. Poor little girl never had a chance. Brilliant that whippety folk have been in touch to try and prevent another tragedy but I doubt the 'rescue' will ever ask for help.

Well done Kris for trying, the world's a better place with you in it. :huggles:

ive left my contact details with the people on the site and theyve promised to get in touch if they have any more whippets in.sorry we were just too late to help little Mabel. :( thanks Rae and thanks to everyone for the pms. :huggles:

have any of you looked at the Many Tears website based in South Wales, the state of some of the dogs they have in there is unbelievable, they do a really worthwhile job going around the pounds and collecting dogs who have done their allowance of 9 days and are about to be PTS. It is a small charity but what they accomplish is amazing for all those strays out there and discarded breeding dogs :rant:

Poor Mabel want even given a chance :rant: well at least she can now run free :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back