The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Zorro And Bramble

*Lesley*

Grand Master...Fluffy & nice
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lamping man asked me to share these pics with you of the lovely Zorro and Bramble :wub:

Getting ready :thumbsup:

Track.22April002.jpg

There's only one thing to do after a hard 20 yard dash

zorro....jpg

I'll beat him next time :teehee:

bramble.jpg

Almost forgot this one Action shot(nearly) :lol:

action_shot.jpg

As you know I'm not one to court contreversy :- " but should those puppies be running together at such a young age? :blink:

Just so I understand, is this because they may get over exercised, or will they teach each other bad habits? or are you joking?!

Cerito

In my almost unquenchable thirst for knowledge and my urge to learn from those who purport to be knowledgeable,perhaps Scott(and others) could explain to me why my little pups should not be playing as depicted. Come on now you pontificates, lets see those heads above the parapet.

Commited to lightening up

Lamping man

Lovely pups :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did say 20 yard dash not 120 yard dash :unsure: pretty much what ALL the puppies were doing yesterday at racing and loving it too I might add, I best put Spry in her crate because if you saw her round the house and garden you'd be mortified (w00t)

Strike Whippets is clearly too good to be true and together with holding a monopoly on every good practise must have won everything worth winning with her politically correct whippets!! Do me a favour you lot. They are little dogs out on my track watching the adults race . I said WATCHING! The session culminated in their having a little chase of the lure as they were getting restless and excited. Is that such a crime? I put little jackets on them . It gave me a laugh. It was hoped it may do the same for others. That was clearly lost on some of you. I balance everything I do with my dogs and preach to nobody perhaps some of you should do the same.

To all normal people there will be more pictures soon.

Best wishes

Chris

Perhaps an interesting topic for another thread.......What qualifies someone as an expert??????....At what point do we stop asking questions, and start answering them?????...........The line seems VERY blurred to me. :wacko: :b :teehee:

Wishing Every one success and happiness with their dogs :thumbsup:

Everyone is an expert John - thought you'd know that :D

Obviously Scott's comment, which started this off was based on the fact that affiliated clubs have an age limit for puppies chasing a lure, 6 months at some clubs, 9 months at others I believe. Obviously if it isn't an affiliated club then Lamping Man can do as he wishes.

There CAN be no problems at all in running 2 puppies together but sometimes there is. It is fairly widely accepted that if they start to "play" it can be tricky to stop that behaviour once training gets real.

Personally I think it's no one's business but the owners.

Strike Whippets mentions 18 years experience etc. implying some assumed level of excellence. If that is so and if the length of time one spends in persuit of any aim is a true reflection of expertise then clearly I cannot compete! She is welcome to her own little piece of moral high ground and delusions of grandeur , I am content to enjoy my whippets and have fun ,allowing others to take themselves far to seriously if they so wish.

Blissfully content

Lamping man

John E Greenwood said:
Perhaps an interesting topic for another thread.......What qualifies someone as an expert??????....At what point do we stop asking questions, and start answering them?????...........The line seems VERY blurred to me. :wacko:   :b   :teehee:

Wishing Every one success and happiness with their dogs :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone can be in a position where they would never need advice, I think sometimes it's more a case of getting it when you didn't ask for any, thats why threads like this go from showing pictures of lovely dogs doing what they do best in to a debate on who knows best for other peoples dogs.

It seems just lately that you can't put anything on here without it being pulled to bits by 'the ones in the know' there is only one person on this thread who saw it for what it was and made a nice comment Thanks Las Vegas :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
It seems just lately that you can't put anything on here without it being pulled to bits by 'the ones in the know'
I agree, I opened this thread and saw two very cute puppies having a lovely day out :huggles:

I'm getting a bit tired by all these arguments breaking out all because other people think they know best. Don't get me wrong advice is brilliant, but only when it's asked for?

LasVegasNo1 said:
I'm getting a bit tired by all these arguments breaking out all because other people think they know best. Don't get me wrong advice is brilliant, but only when it's asked for?
I have to agree but Strike Whippets did stress it was only her opinion and in this case Cerito did ask for clarification and Lamping Man did most definitely ask for it. It can't be denied. See quote below.

lamping man said:
In my almost unquenchable thirst for knowledge and my urge to learn from those who purport to be knowledgeable,perhaps Scott(and others) could explain to me why my little pups should not be playing as depicted. Come on now you pontificates, lets see those heads above the parapet.
Commited to lightening up

Lamping man

Cute pups though.

They look lovely Chris - every time I see a pic of Bramble I'm sorry I couldn't have her! Goodluck!

Elizabeth

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back