The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2005 Oz & NZ Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Never a truer word spoken my dear :blink: :thumbsup:

Angus said:
Lana how many dogs would you get in group 4 ,what would be a good entry and what would be a bad one for a show.
Also what breed in group 4 would have the most dogs.  :cheers:

Angus could you give us the same anwers for Melbourne (central) and then the outerlying shows? :thumbsup:

aslan said:
Angus said:
Lana how many dogs would you get in group 4 ,what would be a good entry and what would be a bad one for a show.
Also what breed in group 4 would have the most dogs.  :cheers:

Angus could you give us the same anwers for Melbourne (central) and then the outerlying shows? :thumbsup:

At the metro shows we get 120-220 in the hound group or if we get an international judge it could be around 300.

In the country depending on the judge , how far you want to travel , how many shows are on that day (sometimes 3 ) ,and who is on the committee of the show you could get 45 to 150 in the group.

Whippet numbers at a show range from 10 to 80, over 100 at the royal and closer to 200 at our champ show. :cheers:

Thanks. :thumbsup: Anyone like to chip in for Sydney - Lisa? Toni? Adelaide - Cartman? Brisbane - Gajo?

NZ - Barkis? Wayward Angel?

At our next Champ shows (South Island) the Whippet entry is 16 this is about the norm for the south island, the total amount of hounds is 56 with whippets having the highest numbers in the hound group with 13 different breeds (Under 2 Aussie judges).

Though I think the further north you go the bigger the entry.

The bigger shows around 30 is the norm.

I know a whippet won BEST IN SHOW at a Metro show somewhere in OZ today. But who?? :- " Sherbergan Silk Road won Best in Group. Could it be him?? :cheers:

Results from melbourne 02-07 05

Judge-mr v malloy vic

Group 150 entered

Whippets 12 entered-10 shown

Baby puppy dog

Talkabout carnivale (talkabout knls)

Minor puppy dog

Cassentra flying rob roy (d broadbent)

Puppy dog

Nabihah psychic (k lewis) RES DOG CC

Intermediate dog

Byerley paco rabanne (l doubieday)

Open dog

Grand ch taejaan moulinrouge (talkabout knls) DOG CC BOB

Baby puppy bitch

Talkabout mystere (talkabout knls)

Minor puppy bitch

Martinique ballybuckle (l doubleday)

Junior bitch

Ch talkabout erma la douch (talkabout knls) RES BITCH CC JUNIOR IN GROUP

Intermediate bitch

Alltalk moon dance (maddox cerber delaney)

Australian bred bitch

Daneson storm cloud (j stephenson) BITCH CC RU BOB AUSTRALIAN BRED IN GROUP

Also one of the baby puppies went BABY PUPPY IN GROUP dont know which one

Congradulations to..............................VIVO!!!!!!!!!!!! :* :cheers: :cheers: :huggles: :huggles:

BARNEY BEST IN SHOW AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi thankyou cartman

what a good lad he is :cheers: he seems to br injoying himself out there. :thumbsup: :luck:

CONGRATULATIONS BARNEY (AND ALL YOUR CONNECTIONS)!

Moranbah KC Show 2.7.05 Mr F B James (Q)

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC SBIG McCrindle

Intermediate Bitch

Aslan Playing To Win RC RUBOB RIG IIG Grendon

State Bred Bitch

Bulgaroo My Abberdeen Oakes/Philp

Aust Bred Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour CC BOB BIG ABIG McCrindle

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Sensationalism 1st McCrindle

Ch Blakriva French Kiss 2nd Irving/Bazzocco

Townsville KC 3.7.05 Mrs S Rickard (Vic)

Baby Puppy Dog

Blakriva Only Joking BPIG RBPIS Noonan

Minor Dog

Zipalong Fredrico Noonan

Puppy Dog

Phoenway Blu Suade Shoes PIG Marsden

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB BIG SBIG SBIS McCrindle

Puppy Bitch

Phoenway Blue Anjil Graham

Intermediate Bitch

Blakriva Galaxy Girl Slingsby

Aust Bred Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour CC RUBOB McCrindle

Congrats everyone on the wins. Great to see trhe whippts doing so well. Lana- Moranbah to Townsville and back to Mackay- you must be knackered!! :cheers:

gajo said:
Congrats everyone on the wins. Great to see trhe whippts doing so well. Lana- Moranbah to Townsville and back to Mackay- you must be knackered!! :cheers:
The Moranbah shows were held in Mackay Gary, have been for some time now. And I wasn't keen on the Sunday judge there and not keen on the Saturday judge in Townsville. So I chose to do Sat here and Sun in Tsv and it paid off! I had no idea that Mr James would like my whippets - have never really done anything amazing under him before, at least with Mrs Rickard I had an inkling, as she had given Dino a challenge in 'Brisbane' competition at Burnett KC in January and he was only a puppy then. I really wanted to see if she still liked him now, and she did!

Having two lots of shows in such close proximity to each other (by CQ standards that is) on the same weekend really depleted the numbers though. Townsville only got 245 and Moranbah only got 201.

:cheers: Today at Redcliffe AH & I Soc Trevor Cooney and Montana (Grand Ch Shalique Silver Whisper) took yet another Best in Show under All Breeds judge Mr Noel Boddy.

CONGRATULATIONS to all at team Shalique!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Montana and Trevor- what a great year they're having :cheers:

Barney won Best of breed today under Mrs. Smith of Victoria.

It is the Hound Club of Queensland today. I do hope someone will post some results....... :- "

whipowill said:
It is the Hound Club of Queensland today.  I do hope someone will post some results....... :- "

Sorry Kerry, I know a Rhodesian was BIS a Beagle runner up. I was told that Aust Ch Sheberghan Silk Road was BOB whippet.

Other than this I know of no other results. I did not show, I went to work.

Cheers to all Jill :teehee:

Wentworth shows. Skyeway the Passion owned by Geoff Love &Kerry Hutt& bred by Cartman. Sat. BOB & Runner up in Group.

Sun. BOB & Best in Group!!!!! 8) 8)

Skyeway the Return today also won Best Puppy in SHOW :huggles:

Murray Bridge shows

Sat Skyeway Paris Hilton 1st.

Sat . Skyeway Jack Daniels Baby of Breed.

Sun Skyeway Jack Daniels 1st.

Skyeway Paris Hilton BABY IN SHOW.

Not sure yet but think The Passion might now be a Champion. She had a heap of points & got 40 over the week end. So The big count will be on when Geoff gets back.

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE] :cheers:

Sounds like a good weekend.

Some other Qld Hound Club details- sorry don't have a catalogue with me.

Dog CC BOB Ch Sheberghan Silk Road- Lyck

Res CC RUBOB Ch Devine Thats My Opinion- Shaw

Bitch CC CH Statuesque Scapetta- Whittaker

Res CC Ch Peperone Highland Queen

Don't think any whippets took in show awards this year. Entry was about 30.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back