The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2005 Oz & NZ Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Barkis said:
He arrived and sat looking for about 20 seconds, then decided "ITS ALL ABOUT MEEEE" and tried to make friends. His specialty is the bullet kiss with front feet in ovaries (or counterpart). He especially likes men.  (He was on his back squirming with joy for my vet at his last innoculation.) Obedience people not much amused. Exit before chucked out.
[SIZE=21pt]LOL[/SIZE] :oops: :D (w00t) :lol: :teehee:

I havent been online much, baby puppy SKYEWAY THE BLOODY ACTIVE AND INQUISITIVE has been keeping me busy after work. I did take him to the indoor dog showing venue here a couple of weekends ago when they had an obedience show on, just to get him used to the noise etc - there is no show training before his first (open) show weekend after next. Well.

Cheers everyone

Jackie

Skyeway The Bloody Active & Inquisitive.....AKA PRETTY BOY. :cheers:

Mackay Ag Mrs M Davis

(one of the worst set-ups I've ever been to. Ousted from our normal position on a beautiful grass ring under a huge old tree, we were shoved in a far away corner of the grounds, squashed in like a tin of sardines, a ring not big enough to swing a cat in, bitumen surface for showing one third of which was rough and broken with loose stones -ugh!)

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB RIG SBIG McCrindle

Open Dog

Ch Kassdalee Major Scoop RC RUBOB McLeod

Intermediate Bitch

Aslan Playing To Win RC Grendon

State Bred Bitch

Bulgaroo My Abberdeen Oakes/Philp

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Sensationalism CC McCrindle

Woodford P&A Association - judge Janett Ainscow

Grau Glitz And Glamma - BOB and Intermediate in group

Grau The X Factor - Reserve Challenge

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Proserpine Agricultural Show 25.6.05 Mr R Callum

Puppy Dog

Phoenway Blu Suede Shoes Marsden

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore RC RUBOB SBIG McCrindle

Open Dog

Ch Kassdalee Major Scoop CC BOB RIG OIG McLeod

Minor Puppy Bitch

Phoenway Blue Anjil Graham

Intermediate Bitch

Aslan Playing To Win Grendon

State Bred Bitch

Aust Bred Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour RC McCrindle

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Sensationalism CC McCrindle

Proserpine/Whitsunday Kennel Club 26.6.05 Mr E Boxhall SA

Puppy Dog

Phoenway Blu Suede Shoes RC Marsden

State Bred Dog

Ch Aslan That's Amore CC BOB SBIG McCrindle

Minor Puppy Bitch

Phoenway Blue Anjil Graham

Intermediate Bitch

Aslan Playing To Win RC Grendon

State Bred Bitch

Aust Bred Bitch

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour McCrindle

Open Bitch

Ch Aslan Sensationalism CC RUBOB OIG McCrindle

Lida - how many whippets at the Woodford Show?

Congrats to the Aussies on their wins in the past few days. :cheers:

Lana , I presume you are giving us just the class winners and not the total entry 8)

No Jax - unfortunately at the moment at our smaller shows during the year this is our total entry. And as I said somewhere before two of our regular exhibitors from Rockhampton with 5 of their dogs are not coming up this way much this year - choosing to go further south. We've lost two exhibitors from Townsville as well which takes away about another 6-8 dogs so our numbers are really down at present.

This is why sometimes we don't crow much or too excitedly about CC's and BOB's here. It's the group and show wins we chase and get really excited about- but obviously you've got to get your BOB before you get a shot at the group and then of course the group wins are just as hard to achieve as if we were in a Metropolitan area because we do have quality dogs here.

And also the Metropolitan areas aren't doing much better than us in many cases - eg one of Barney's BOBs was 20 points - that means that there were 14 other whippets there (in total) beside himself, and that was in metropolitan Sydney. Layla has had a 17 point bitch challenge in our area when our numbers were at full strength. So in that instance there were 11 other bitches beside herself. The BOB that day would have been somewhere between 20/25.

Our biggest breed entry which could rival your shows there was our national last year with 253 entries and that was in Melbourne and people travelled from all over Australia (the distances some people travelled would make some UK'ers eyes pop).

You make some good points Lana about entry numbers for the breed. I can't agree with you though about it being equally difficult to win a group( we're talking best in group) in the bush or the city. It's much harder to win Best in Group in the city than the country. I'm not bagging the country shows or their dogs- far from it- but tell me how many times any one country exhibitor in the hound group has finished Runner Up in Group to Ian Russmussen and his lovely saluki? I think Gabby probably holds the record for this. (w00t)

Well Miss Electra the Wicked Whippet has returned to the ring after maternal duties (the kids are 10 weeks old now) and has done it in style. First weekend out she took BOB at three shows and last Thursday went BOB & Group 4 (w00t) . Very proud of her and as always my thanks to Phoebe for believing in her.

On the weekend there was a Whippet day at Cora Millar's (Hound-Hill Kennels) and there was training for lure coursing, racing etc. If you go to www.shamasan.com and click on Electra you will see her doing something that she loves best :lol: Apparently the cross over between being used to chasing live bunnies and fake ones was instantaneous and she is FAST.

Regards from the bragging mother

Lisa

Isilwane Kennels

Thanks for thart Lana ;)

But can you tell me what SBIG and OIG , RIG mean then please :wacko:

Thanks

JAX said:
Thanks for thart Lana  ;)
But can you tell me what  SBIG and OIG , RIG mean then please  :wacko:

Thanks

SBIG= Silly Blonde In Group

OIG= Orange Italian Greyhound

RIG= Red Italian Greyhound

BIG = Best in Group (same as your Group 1st or Group 1 - only our biggest shows do Group placings like Group 1, 2, 3 & 4)

RIG = Reserve in Group or Runner Up in Group (Group 2nd)

The other abbreviations stand for classes in group

BPIG = Baby Puppy in Group (3-6mths)

MPIG = Minor Puppy in Group (6-9mths)

PIG = Puppy in Group (6-12 mths)

JIG = Junior in Group (9-18mths)

IIG = Intermediate in Group (18-36mths)

SBIG = State Bred in Group (6mths+ bred within the State of exhibition)

ABIG = Australian Bred in Group (6mths+ bred within Australia)

OIG = Open in Group (6mths+ bred anywhere in the world)

These classes exist for the breed and then in the breed dog and bitch are run off against each other (eg for junior of breed) and then that exhibit goes in against the others of that class for class in group (JIG) and then the winner of that goes in for class in show (JIS).

gajo said:
but tell me how many times any one country exhibitor in the hound group has finished Runner Up in Group to Ian Russmussen and his lovely saluki? I think Gabby probably holds the record for this. (w00t)
I'm sorry that Gabby is holding that record - she deserves better and she's every bit as good as the lovely Saluki :D

I wonder though when one or two dogs are winning the group constantly - where's the depth of quality in the group (or perhaps is it saying something else)?

What we face in Central Qld in the Hound group is not one dog that wins with monotonous regularity but a number of dogs in the group line up who are able to take the group on any day: Marsden's Basenji, Graham's Afghan/s, Martin's Bassett, Dyckhoff's/Appleby's/Assay's Dachshunds, the Rhodesian Ridgebacks from up north, Smith&Veurman's Whippets, my whippets, Irving's whippet, McLeod's whippet.

If it were EASY to win a BIG here I would have a lot more of them than I do, and Layla would be a Grand Champion already and Dino would have more a lot more than 260 points. ;)

I really apprecate you putting on the `full ` results Lana .

Maybe our other Whippet winners in the `city` shows could do the same for us `Pommies `. Then we could see just how many they get per show too . and who wins what .

That `Group `thing sounds good , we only have JUST the BOB go into groups :( , Over here it would mean alot of dogs staying later for the groups , plus they would probably need more judges too , I bet the cost of entering would go up too (w00t)

but wouldnt it be nice to win say ` Best Junior Hound in Group or what ever . Some Championship shows dont even do Best Puppy in Groups :eek:

Lana how many dogs would you get in group 4 ,what would be a good entry and what would be a bad one for a show.

Also what breed in group 4 would have the most dogs. :cheers:

We are getting between 30-50 dogs in the hound group at our shows of 280-400 All Breeds. The biggest breeds in the Hounds are definitely Miniature Smooth Dachsunds and Whippets.

The smallest show in our zone (which is about 6hrs driving time south west for me) has on average about 60 dogs in the whole show and group four, on occassion, has consisted of three of my whippets and a Beagle. I have supported this little show for a number of years now and yet I still have not won a BIS at that show! Because you can bet your bottom dollar that at least 5 out of the 7 dogs in the BIS line up will be five of the top dogs in our region.

Just as another plus for CQ dogs - at the recent specialty shows in Brisbane, Sheltie BIS and RIS, Fox Terrier Open BIS and CHAMP RIS, Dalmatian Bitch CC and BPIS, Beagle BIS, Boxer BIS (?), Sibe RC dog .... were all CQ dogs - owned &/or bred &/or handled . And at one of the AB shows a CQ bred Staffie went BOB in an entry of 100+

Which just goes to show that we can mix it with the 'big boys'.

aslan said:
What we face in Central Qld in the Hound group is not one dog that wins with monotonous regularity but a number of dogs in the group line up who are able to take the group on any day:  Marsden's Basenji, Graham's Afghan/s, Martin's Bassett, Dyckhoff's/Appleby's/Assay's  Dachshunds, the Rhodesian Ridgebacks from up north, Smith&Veurman's Whippets, my whippets, Irving's whippet, McLeod's whippet.
I forgot to add to this list Lynam's Beagles (how could I forget them!) :b

Thanks for the kind words about gab lana- flattery will get you everywhere :clown:

I just ask if your CQ dogs had to compete every week with Russmussen/Slade's Suluki, Cooney's whippet, Dorr's dachy, Mundt's dachy, McGreevy's Afghan etc would they win many groups? I really don't think so- and thats not to belittle the CQ dogs in any way. Having shown lots in CQ( 1990's) and in Brisbane I really believe it is much easier to win a Group in the bush than in the city. Our ridgies won groups in CQ- but none in Brisbane.

We have fewer celebrities and politicians appearing in New Idea and Women's Weekly here too. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back