The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2005 Oz & NZ Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just some quick results from my last couple of shows - (not complete results)

Alpha Ag - D Zipperer

Ch Aslan That's Amore DogCC BOB BIG SBIS

Ch Aslan Sensationalism BitchCC RUBOB RIG OIG

Reba Fluffy Butt - CC RUBOB RIG MPIS

Mackay KC - Mrs R Lane

Ch Aslan That's Amore DogCC BOB SBIG

Blakriva Captain Starlight DogRCC

Ch Aslan Sensationalism BitchCC RUBOB

Ch Aslan Chanson D'Amour Bitch RCC JIG

Reba - MPIG

Sarina KC - Mr M Arthur

Ch Aslan That's Amore DogCC BOB BIG SBIG

Ch Aslan Sensationalism BitchCC RUBOB

Aslan Playing To Win BitchRCC

Reba - MPIS

aslan said:
Just some quick results from my last couple of shows

"Just some fantastic results from your last couple of shows" :cheers: Congratulations and well done to you and your 4 legged beauties.

Hey . Thats not bad ,

Looks like you wiped the floor with the oposition Lana , and I see one was `local `too

[SIZE=14pt]WELL DONE !! [/SIZE]

Just caught up on this thread, aren't you having a great run, Lana, WELL DONE ALL!!!!! And now Barney has come to show you all the way to go!!! How exciting it all is.

thanks Guys! Unfortunately not a LOT of opposition in whippets in my area at present. One of the main contenders is out-of-showing-action with a litter of pups and his dogs are currently living further south with the other partner (in dogs, not life partner) and are doing more shows down that way, so whippet numbers aren't as great as usual.

Today at Clermont ... only four whippets there (was a small show in the back blocks though) two of them were mine, one I bred and the other was the sire of the one I bred! All in the family! However Dino is having a good run at the main Group awards. He missed out on BEST today by a whisker.

Ch Aslan That's Amore Dog CC BOB RIG ABIG

Ch Kassdalee Major Scoop Res Dog CC

Ch Aslan Sensationalism Bitch CC RUBOB

Aslan Playing To Win Res Bitch CC IIG

Reba Fluffy Butt - PUPPY IN SHOW - SHE is definitely on a roll

Wonder if I will actually get to see Barney in the flesh whilst he is here. Sydney is a LOOOOONG way away from me.

Congrats on your good results lately Lana- a win is a win no matter where it is. At the end of the day the judge doesn't have to put your dog through. :cheers:

Ok Lana , so there arnt many whippys , :( but how many dogs overall ? ,and what amount of dogs to you get to compete against ;) Eg , how many breeds in the group

Depends on where the show is. And whether there are any other shows on at the same time within the same radius. Usual travelling distance for me is about 4 hrs (one way) north or south. Sometimes a 6 hr trip if the judges are promising or there's nothing else on and all my friends are going for a good weekend (Biloela used to put on a damn fine Karaoke night at their winter shows ;) ). And every once in a while (maybe once a year) I make a 10-12 hr trip to near Brisbane or Cairns. Where I live, travelling is necessary if you want to pursue your hobby. If I didn't travel I would only get to go to about 10 shows a year.

Usually anywhere between 200 - 400 dogs at an all breeds show in Central/North Qld, and when we're all together there can be around 20 whippets. As you get closer to Brisbane you get more dogs at the shows.

Although there are some little tiny shows way out west in CQ that have fewer than one hundred dogs all breeds. But often even these are very difficult to crack the top award at, because the best dogs still attend them. The Best in Show line up at Clermont (total entry ~100) the other day was excellent - every dog (bar one IMO) was a top notch dog. Top quality, seasoned performers, immaculately groomed and handled. A very difficult choice.

The Brisbane Royal, the biggest show in our state, gets around 3500 - 4000 dogs. I would like to go to the Royal & Specialty shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne more often, but when you travel as much as we have to here on a weekly basis - it's very difficult to get the money to go to those southern shows regularly. So I only get to go once every couple of years.

Thanks for that Lana :)) , it just gives us an idea about competition over there , And lets be honest why would you travel all those hours to campaigne a dog who wasnt worthy of winning its title ,

Some times its bad enough being `cannon fodder `over here :oops: ,when youve only travelled for 2 hours :eek: let alone 4 +

Judge Mr. Connell from Tasmania.

Dog CC Sandydown Falcon At Courthill (imp UK) Delaney

Bitch CC & BEST OF BREED Skyeway Secret Charm. Owned by Raymond Barwick & David Smith

PLEASE NOT THIS MAKES HER A CHAMPION.

No Best in Group today. But Barney did still win BEST OF BREED.

Only 39 points to go.

4 challenges 4 BOB, 2 BIG and 1 BIS...............................................................

not bad going for a wee Irish Dog.

that a boy Barney.. :thumbsup:

:oops: That would be 3 challenges & 3 BOB

getting carried away now aren't I

Results from melbourne 29 5 05

Judge Mrs e smith

Dog cc bob ru in group grand ch taejaan moulnrouge _23 points

Bitch cc ru bob daneson stormy weather _15 points, now 13 points from her title,well done julie

Minor puppy in group cassentra flying rob roy :wub: :wub: Well done doug

And well done roshwen on winning a big baby puppy class with her new baby :thumbsup:

Angus said:
And well done roshwen on winning a big baby puppy class with her new baby :thumbsup:

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]Well done Louise[/SIZE] :cheers: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=21pt] well done you K9ers ![/SIZE]

and you others too :oops: :huggles:

Thanks guys, I was really pleased with little Halle - she did really well at her first big outing.

Huge congratulations to Darcy, Magnus, Weather and Robbie and Barney (and anyone else I've missed) :cheers: Good weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back