The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

7 Year Old Whippet Bitch

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
beaubeau said:
Maybe I should've managed this a bit better :(  

Too many calls no doubt and they got spooked.. :(

I'll know next time.....

Tracey X

I think you were managing it very well :thumbsup: .....but as you said maybe too many calls ......Perhaps Nicky could phone back (again) as requested and see how that goes .......I'll donate as well :luck:

Your not to blame Tracey.............sounds like she's

caught on there is something going on and is scared :(

I'd be happy to add my £10 too. Poor scap :( Hope the rescue goes ahead. :luck:

Am happy to donate £10 for this poor girl the sooner she out of that home the better :rant: :rant: am sure all she wants is to be loved and would make a great pet. And i hope all the whippet breeders up and down the country are on red alert please do not give this man another whippet to use as a breeding machine these people are cruel :rant: :rant:

Poor girl, I will watch this thread and donate if needed!

How can people do this? :rant:

More than happy to donate if needed. Perhaps when things cool down in a day or so they will have a re-think.

Nicky and Tracey, you did everything you could. Worth keeping in touch Nicky if you are able to get through, - you are the most local to them and have a very plausible reason for wanting her 'for your Mum'.

Hopefully they will come round, - especially when they realise they would not get that kind of money from anyone else. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Maybe due to the amount of phone calls theyve been recieving from everyone off K9 they've decided that they can get a lot more than £200 for her?.

next time maybe descuss it on K9 but nominate just 1 person to make a call that way it doesnt raise suspicion.

for an example your selling a car for £2000 you get 20 calls for it you then think "I could of got a lot more"? (I know selling a car/dog is differant just an example)

Mark Roberts said:
Maybe due to the amount of phone calls theyve been recieving from everyone off K9 they've decided that they can get a lot more than £200 for her?.
next time maybe descuss it on K9 but nominate just 1 person to make a call that way it doesnt raise suspicion.

for an example your selling a car for £2000 you get 20 calls for it you then think "I could of got a lot more"? (I know selling a car/dog is differant just an example)

Yes you're absolutely right...

Like I said, I feel that I've not managed this well and should've made it clear in my first post that I'd already spoken to the breeder and the girl was available to collect. He even agreed to talk about taking less for her. Then it was a matter of the closest person (Nicky) to go get her.

I suspect that too many people called and possibly asked awkward questions which made them twitchy. I think that they knew £200 for a 7 year old bitch which has just had her 3rd littler was being a bit greedy. There is no way on earth they'll get more than £200.

I've learned from this, as hopefully we all have and will know for next time.

Well done Nicky :thumbsup: Keep us posted if you find out anything else ;)

Tracey X

We'll donate too to get this lovely lass out of there.

:luck: Nicky - no 4 on it's way to you :- " Good job you've got plenty of spare collars :p

I can't see the add - Nicky can you pm me the number (not to call but to chk against posters around here etc....... and incase it appears again) . I could pick her up and see if a rescue would take her - I'm sure we could figure something out

Does anyone know where it was I may be able to find her from a working contact

mantamuffin said:
I can't see the add - Nicky can you pm me the number  (not to call but to chk against posters around here etc....... and incase it appears again) . I could pick her up and see if a rescue would take her - I'm sure we could figure something out
Does anyone know where it was I may be able to find her from a working contact

You don't get a actual tel no contact from Adtrader - they give a proxy number to protect the vendor's privacy. Sa9 is up Ystradgynlais/Abercrave way though. I'd check small ads in shop windows (usually a lot in Ammanford); the Western mail used to be the main place ads like this, I'd check that too if I was closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any more news....or anything???please.

yes,anyone heard anything about this poor girl? :(

I will go over to the area tomorrow - to have a look in shop windows etc.......if anyone has any info feel free to pm me

Nicky12 is dealing with this so she will the person to contact..

Tracey X

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back