The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Bit About Yourself And Dogs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What a lovely story Danny (sorry about your dad), but so glad you made him proud :D

Hi im Joyce Thoburn been in racing for over 30 years. Have 4 dogs now Woody (RCH Jodami) ( Marilion + Irish Jig) hes now over 11 years old He was runner up to Stewart in 94 rch 95 runner up 96 and runner up 97 He was my first and only Rch. Then theres Toby (Fastini) Crazy Cracker + Cabbi Woodys sister. then Eve (Sheer Bliss) Our jack + Marella). Then the big fellow Benji ( Solo + Wor John) Hes only 16 mths old. Ive Four grandchildren One 17yars 13years 9 years and 6years Two boys two girls. O yes and a husband who looks after the dogs when im away for the lovely weekends bless him.I race at Wallsend on a Sunday and Bigges Main on a Saturday great clubs anyone in the area will always be made welcome. Woody

Fastini? Is there another whippet with a very similar name Joyce? Fastini rings a bell - but I may be getting confused with another dog.

Also Joyce-Are you the lady who ran your young no-limiter at Coxlodge? and Refuse to Bend was put in the same heat?

Just trying to put a name to your face.

Karen

Just realised also-we have the RCH-JODAMI trophy at the moment-lovely it is too.

I think I know who you are.

I feel like a detective now! :clown:

Karen

;) on behalf of Joyce yes she is the one who ran her young no limiter challenger at coxlodge against refuse to bend. Im hoping she runs him at easington on sun as i have heard good reports about him doing the bends. carole. :cheers:

hello! :D

Well to start I'm a newbie on here I found the site when looking for somewhere to race my non-registered whippet, quote from breeder ' I couldn't afford the £20 to have her mum registered' :wacko: Anyhow our home is a little of a menagerie and is as follows;

me and my husband ste,

2 stepchildren Martin 14 and Michael 19,

1 adult whippet Buffy (new mum)

8 whippet puppies but numbers dwindling due to demand! But will keep at least 2!

2 cats (morti and lu lu)

tropical fish tank

and finally a koi pond!

What can I say we love animals! and surprisingly they all get on well together!

I am hoping to get Buffy into shape and try her out at either Tyldesley or Westhoughton and hopefully pups will be keen too! But until then we plan to come along and make some friends!

Love Jacqui

I'm a peddie owner :eek:

Our first Whippet was a foster dog as i had Greyhounds and never thought of owning a Whippet :eek: ........So 9 years on we kept Joanna (a show bred Whippet ) who we decided to race (Ha Ha)...As i had worked with racing Greyhounds i thought it would be fun ..........Well she was usless but loved it (and was priceless at schooling pups)..............So then my hubbie decided to buy me a racing bred Whippet as a suprise for my birthday (ahh ain't that sweet ) and that was Jacob - otherwise known as Second Strike (who i'm sorry to inform you all is the bestest Whippet ever :wub: ) He's now retired :( :( .but he always gave 100%.....so then we brought Inca (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) A very fast bitch (Stars and Strike )who i can't get to race properly :b ....and then Miya......ahh my beautiful Miya (Strike the Pose )....who looks good as in the looks department (and is Jacobs half sister) but is yet to mature (well thats what people say to be kind :D ).........So watch this space, i will own a decent racing dog ;) ......I also own tropical fish (yippee)........and all i know is working and living with dogs / Hounds.(sad or what ??).....And if it wasn't for Joanna proving that not all Whippets whined etc.....then we would of probably stuck to Greyhounds :oops: ..... :D

So then my hubbie decided to buy me a racing bred Whippet as a suprise for my birthday (ahh ain't that sweet )
Now why doesn't kevin do things like that? Beats any amount of jewelery or flowers! :D

Yes thats me I put challenger in the no limit at coxlodge and i could not believe they put a dog so light in with him it was benji,s first ever run my heart was in my mouth incase the smaller dog got hurt. Yes Steve i know you have the Jodami trophy hope you going to come and try and win it again we always seem to get a good turn out. Ive never heard of another dog with the name fastini hes named after a bottle of wine i used to sell in my off licence shop. Woody

:lol: ha ha fastini wine eh? Well I hope it was a good expensive one Joyce ha ha :lol:

Sorry Carole to Spoil your dreams but it was a cheap wine but we sold a lot of it. Woody

My favourite thread is this--- and with the new one up at the moment it can be used to have a look back --

steve

BUMP - October 2002 this has been going since (w00t)

Just updated mine!

Might pin this topic actually :p

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i am sarah we have a goergoes puppy who is now 7 months old and will be joining everyone in kirkcaldy for racing, my boyfriend has been into racing for a long time before but gave it up he has now got back into it. we hope it will be a fun family hobby i cant wait to get to know everyone at the track :cheers:

Yoo Hoo......Im Denise and i have 3 whippies Rebel and Diamond are show whippies but Diamond will be a racer as well and Genie (Gillette x Taylor Maid) who is the most energetic dog i have ever owned!!

I live with OH Terry (Skippy) and 2 kids, Lauryn 8 and Jonny 4 and also have 3 greys Milo, Skippy and Foxy (Milo is retired) and a JRT Duke and Ted the Heinz :D

Been in greyhound racing 17 years so it was no doubting that once i got a whippet i would become sucked into whippet racing so im really looking forward to this year and racing my 2.

Looking forward to being at the start of this seasons racing at Astley with Vicky, Jac, Tony and the gang :- " :luck: and hope to get to meet you all at various meetings this year (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back