The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Dog Is For Life.....

kris

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
not just for christmas :(

Santa comes quietly long before dawn

While shops are still busy and lights are still on

While dinners are cooking and kitchens are warm

And children count presents they'll open by morn.

He slips past the trees in windows aglow

Through the gate to the backyard, as icy winds blow

To find the pup he brought last year chained up in the snow

And, kneeling, he whispers, are you ready to go?

There are too many stops like this one tonight

Before the beginning of his regular flight

He leaves not a note or footprint in sight

Just an unbuckled collar on a cold Christmas night.........

:'(

kris said:
not just for christmas :(
Santa comes quietly long before dawn

While shops are still busy and lights are still on

While dinners are cooking and kitchens are warm

And children count presents they'll open by morn.

He slips past the trees in windows aglow

Through the gate to the backyard, as icy winds blow

To find the pup he brought last year chained up in the snow

And, kneeling, he whispers, are you ready to go?

There are too many stops like this one tonight

Before the beginning of his regular flight

He leaves not a note or footprint in sight

Just an unbuckled collar on a cold Christmas night.........

:'(

How sad when you think about it. :( :angry: :rant:

sad0024.gif

sad but very true, what really gets my goat is when u see ad's in the paper for pups ready for xmas. surely a breeder that loves their dogs and wants them in good homes would require you to wait till after xmax!

dana said:
sad but very true, what really gets my goat is when u see ad's in the paper for pups ready for xmas. surely a breeder that loves their dogs and wants them in good homes would require you to wait till after xmax!

:rant: I couldn`t agree more and have just this week contacted a local Frees Ads to ask them to address this and moderate the ads to prevent this..... trouble is not all people who are breeding puppies are doing it for the right reasons are they? :(

We had 7 dogs come into our pound yesterday - 7 in one day :eek:

The xmas rush appears to have started.

I don't understand it ....out with the old and in with the new perhaps?

- maybe people are feeling the pinch due to mortage rate increases and fuel price rises...

Whatever the reason we are going to struggle this year I think... :(

A friend's neighbour has just taken in one of last years xmas puppies ( a whippet x) I find it astonishing that people still think like that - are we really the same species? :rant:

It's a sad old world we live in,a dog is for life not just for Christmas.Lady P :) :) :) :) :)

I completely agree... we reserved a super greyhound bitch today and the kennels actually were happy for us to take her today as we had spoken to them before etc etc but i am not happy with the whole dog thing at xmas so we are taking her after xmas, we have been looking for months now but just didnt feel right taking her home for xmas. I know, i'm weird. Also its a scary time for a new dog to settle in, guests, toys, decorations, light, parties etc etc..

The poem is so sad. I too saw the ads in the freeads and think xmas time puppies from a good breeder wouldnt happen, seems like a money making ploy to me..... :angry:

kellysomer said:
I completely agree... we reserved a super greyhound bitch today and the kennels actually were happy for us to take her today as we had spoken to them before etc etc but i am not happy with the whole dog thing at xmas so we are taking her after xmas, we have been looking for months now but just didnt feel right taking her home for xmas. I know, i'm weird. Also its a scary time for a new dog to settle in, guests, toys, decorations, light, parties etc etc..
The poem is so sad. I too saw the ads in the freeads and think xmas time puppies from a good breeder wouldnt happen, seems like a money making ploy to me..... :angry:

not weird ...just right :flowers: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back