The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A ferrety update

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As promised here's a couple of pics of my ferrets, inked! One is when first done and the other is from a few days ago, all healed.:) I know tats aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I quite like them:D Already thinking about what's next!:rolleyes::p
( takes me a good year or so to save up mind you!:confused:)
Image.jpeg 20221105_111040.jpg

Aww, how gorgeous, you must be so pleased. I need to do something about the one I'm planning - first by cutting out some shapes and sticking them on my arm to decide on the perfect size.

Very nice! They don't look like they were easy to do, your artist must be good.

I didn't know you'd had a dinosaur called Flossie though. :D

Thank you! @JudyN If you're still looking for styles most tattooists have instagram pages, you could always check some out who do portrait work and see if anything grabs your attention, might help give you a few ideas. Size wise I'd say if bigger you'd get more detail of Jaspers face. I'm really excited to see what you decide on!

I didn't know you'd had a dinosaur called Flossie though. :D
:D:D That made me laugh! I had that done years ago to celebrate my daughters dinosaur phase as I knew, sadly, it wouldn't last forever and I thoroughly loved that period in her life as much(if not more:rolleyes:) as she did! My tattooist freshened it up for me while he was doing the ferrets:)

Thank you! @JudyN If you're still looking for styles most tattooists have instagram pages, you could always check some out who do portrait work and see if anything grabs your attention, might help give you a few ideas. Size wise I'd say if bigger you'd get more detail of Jaspers face. I'm really excited to see what you decide on!

I'm more of a small, stylised tattoo sort of person - I'm thinking a silhouette, based on the image below, either filled in with fawn, or maybe introducing some other elements that are important to me: field bindweed and/or insects. So it is Jasper on one level, but on another level just represents him, if that makes sense. SIL is excellent at botanical art so when I've decided on the size I might ask her to see what she can come up with... but realistically, it might not be big enough for a detailed 'inside'.

576489_372386036180832_1766565535_n.jpg

That's a lovely photo. So atmospheric, and a little bit other-worldly.

Me too, Hemlock - and there's something about Jasper's poise in that photo that really does fill the eye. I may be biased, but you can tell that he'd be fast, even though he's standing still. Erk, getting a bit misty-eyed now....

That is a beautiful picture:) I think your ideas sound wonderful!

@JudyN, I don't want to throw cold water on your plans but consider carefully the head angle. A small tattoo might not be detailed enough for it to be clear he is looking in that direction, it might look like the artist's hand slipped or you had a hiccough while they were inking it!

@JudyN, I don't want to throw cold water on your plans but consider carefully the head angle. A small tattoo might not be detailed enough for it to be clear he is looking in that direction, it might look like the artist's hand slipped or you had a hiccough while they were inking it!

Yes, you're right - it will need some 'artistic licence' (obviously the muzzle would need to disappear too) - which is why I need to find someone more artistic than me to help!

Wow! That photo is amazing. What an elegant dog. Such a noble poise. We have manor houses in this county that would pay for such a dog to add presence. He epitomises all with regard to sighthounds. Again, wow! You were very fortunate to have him.

I thought a ferrety update was due! The boys turned 5 this May so will attach some pics from their birthday photo shoot:D
Earlier this year our Iggy was really quite poorly and we thought we might lose him, he was a bit quiet on a Friday into Saturday and on the Sunday he couldn't move his back legs, so off to the emergency vets! Anyway, cut a long story short he had a persistent high temp which after bloods and ultra sounds we never really found out why, but he also had a cyst growing in his kidney(hence the loss of movement in his back legs):(. He was on opioids for pain management, antibiotics and penicillin for quite a while, as well as having the cyst drained, poor thing... and Goose was respectful of the situation but super sad because his brother couldn't play. Thank fully, slowly but surely he recovered and got back to his nutty self, leaping around with his brother again! The cyst may reoccur and I'm keeping a watchful eye on him, he's been a tad quieter than usual last couple of days and his spleen has just started to feel a bit enlarged so we're off for a check up next week, fingers crossed it's a blip and all is well! We just take one day at a time and make each of those days count, with oodles of fun and cuddles:)
Now for the pics, enjoy!

Attachments

• iggy.jpg
    iggy.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 70
  • VideoCapture_20230513-115128.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-115128.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 76
  • VideoCapture_20230513-115453.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-115453.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 67
  • VideoCapture_20230513-151956.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-151956.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 68
  • VideoCapture_20230513-152136.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-152136.jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 73
  • VideoCapture_20230513-152257.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-152257.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 79
  • VideoCapture_20230513-162205.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-162205.jpg
    845 KB · Views: 66
  • VideoCapture_20230513-170050.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-170050.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 64
  • VideoCapture_20230513-170111.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-170111.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 63
  • VideoCapture_20230513-170127.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-170127.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 64
  • VideoCapture_20230513-171821.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230513-171821.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 62
Gorgeous photos ...what is a ferrets lifespan....keeping everything crossed the enlarged spleen is nothing nasty xxxx:):):)

Lovely pics! I hope health issues continue to improve, and how good that Goose is being respectful.

@Tinytom ferrets can live 8-10years on average, if you're really lucky...
But 5 years old is classed as an elderly ferret:(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back