The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A ferrety update

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
@JudyN did you decide on a tattoo.....

No, I didn't. I couldn't work out exactly what I wanted, and didn't want to pay someone to design something based on my brief and have them come up with something that wasn't perfect (I wanted something stylised rather than an accurate portrait). So in the end I donated the money I would have spent to a couple of sighthound charities.

You never know, I might reconsider one day. I'm tempted to try an AI app to design the tattoo. I did try this previously and the results were... weird. But they'll be improving all the time.

169010406740430424121779917279.jpg
I hate to think how much tattoos are now ...I had a cover up 8 yrs ago on my leg ..he was an artist and worked freehand ...it took 6 hours and was £580 then :eek:

My DIL has had a couple of full-colour tattoos recently, and they were a lot less than that, Tinytom - under £300 if I remember rightly. She's planning more... her mum is horrified, but maybe that's part of the appeal :D

:D:D:D When I first started on my tattoo journey, I was paying £10-£15 a session, which I suppose was a lot in the late 80's, but affordable...I just used to get my pay packet and pop in to have a bit more done every couple of weeks or so! I remember getting the tiny dinosaur one done after a fair few years out of the tattoo world and he wanted to charge me £30, I nearly choked!!:eek: I blagged it for £25 in the end:D
I'm lucky with the tattooist I use now that my husband works on his scooter(which is how we met) and weirdly while chatting with him once it turned out I used to work with his sister back in the 80's, small world eh!! So I get a good deal I reckon:cool:

I hope Iggy is OK and has several more years with you and Goose.
I do worry about Goose, if we lose Iggy I'm not sure how he'll cope... If it was the other way round I think Iggy would cope better as he is quite often in his own little world anyway, playing with his invisible friends as much as time with his brother being nuts! He's definitely not as reliant on Goose, as Goose is on him... he coped really well with his stays at the vets having this test and that test, they all fell in love with him there! Meanwhile Goose home alone was pretty unhappy, poor thing:(

I'm tempted to try an AI app to design the tattoo. I did try this previously and the results were... weird. But they'll be improving all the time.

Try NightCafe @JudyN! I've just searched tattoos and got 58k results, some are better than others. It's free to use, but for more advanced models it's done through a credit system - you can buy them or earn them by doing tasks or entering challenges. I've not yet paid for credits!

I've just fired off a few quick ones, this is probably the best of the bunch but the anatomy needs tweaking:

9PXvRLL5WhGqQP2SHdrX--1--2k5hs.jpg

Stable Diffusion 2.1
Prompt = "lurcher's head tattoo on a woman's outer thigh, hyperdetailed, realistic"
Preset = Hyperreal

As I said, very fast, just to see what came out!

Sorry @Flobo for hijacking your boys thread ......I wanted one of Tom but hubby isn't keen on me getting anymore :p

:D:DNo probs @Tinytom;) Happy to have a ferret/tattoo thread, love both!!:cool::D

I have another planned just to even my arms up, I'm going for a snake design of some kind... I've decided that as I never go on holiday, have takeaways or even go out, out for that matter:rolleyes:, that I deserve to spend some money on myself, some other way...and destiny brought a great tattooist literally to my door, so it would of been rude not to take the opportunity eh!:D
Really not sure about the AI artwork though...still creeps me out!o_O:p

Having revisted some of the small pathways on Dunyeats Hills where Jasper and I spent many happy hours, and having fought my way through the gorse, which has now almost completely blocked the path, I'm really not sure I'm a good candidate for a tattoo - it hurt!

I must admit when I had the one on my foot done I bought numbing cream .. the chemists got wise to this and it's hard to get..the one on my leg was very painful ..:rolleyes:

I've just fired off a few quick ones, this is probably the best of the bunch but the anatomy needs tweaking:

View attachment 111981174

Stable Diffusion 2.1
Prompt = "lurcher's head tattoo on a woman's outer thigh, hyperdetailed, realistic"
Preset = Hyperreal

As I said, very fast, just to see what came out!
That actually looks a bit like Timber!

That actually looks a bit like Timber!
You can actually upload an image and tweak it from there. I did this with Rusty, the results looked nothing like him! That's more to do with my inexperience though ;)

I bought numbing cream
Sure you can still buy germolene that has a numbing agent in it online?.. If you still fancy another tat?:D:D:D
My tattooist's studio is not too far from you either...just saying...:rolleyes::D

A quick update on Iggy... all checked over and although his spleen is enlarged he has no other symptoms and his temp is normal. So as he is still eating, drinking, toileting and playing, it's just a case of keeping an eye on him. Big phew and mind put at rest!:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back