The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Little Good Luck For Ginni Please

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Gin's home again and safely wrapped up tightly in my duvet in a dark bedroom while she sleeps it off,

she is ever so sore from the needles in her joints :( she keeps looking at me like i'm the cruelest mum ever.... it's that look that keeps making me choke up

she has been xrayed from nose to tail, every joint and limb,

the fluid they have extracted from her joints is watery and cloudy, instead of the normal clear viscous yellow, so the vet is sure that something should show up in the results.

the samples taken have been sent off to the labs along with more swabs from her throat.

she's on another different anti-biotic again, and is on the max for pain releif,

so it's now nervous waiting for four days till the results come back :unsure:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

many thanks again for the support, it really does help :huggles:

becka

Becka, loads and loads of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: to you and Ginnie :wub:

:luck: :luck: :luck: Here's hoping the results of the lastest test give you some possitive answers.

Sending all the :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles: for Ginni . I hope they get some positive results .

Poor baby going through all that and :huggles: for you Becka

:( So sorry to read Ginni has taken a step back.... :luck: with the results from the vets. Lets hope they get her sorted soon. :huggles: :huggles:

At least she is home now and cosy with you, when you say she looks at you like you are the cruelest mum i really don't think she is thinking that ,infact she will know the opposite that you are there for her and helping her, the animals know :))

sending you both lots of hugs in this very difficult time :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

How awful for you and Ginni, Becka. Thinking lots of positive thoughts for you both and lots of :luck: that the results give the answer to the problem. :huggles:

Oh, Becka, I've just seen this and we're all really upset that Ginni has got worse again :(

I'm gonna be worrying about you now, I just hope they get the results back as quick as possible 'cos it's so hard waiting for news.

Tell Amos to be kind to Ginni or Ella will come and sort him out :- "

Let me know what happens - you've got my number so if you need a shoulder to cry on just call - anytime :)

Sending lots luck and hugs to you all :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles: xxxx

sorry for not keeping you all updated :oops: i was a bit too down to post anything after getting her results back,

the lab results on the fluid taken from her joints told us everything,

the pasteurella bacteria had gone systemic and infected her joints, latching onto the cartlage, her immune system had gone into overdrive to try and fight it but was mistakingly attacking the cartilage the bacteria was attatched to as well :(

the vet recommended a long course of AB's that the bacteria is sensitive to and once she is clear of it either a long course if steroids or chemo to hopefully make her immune system stop identifying her cartilage as the enemy :luck: :luck: :luck:

all the other dogs have been checked as precaution and are clear but will also have to have a course of AB's prior to Gin starting the second stage of treatment as Gins immune system will be down for a bit and i can't risk her catching anything while it is

the AB's have started to show an effect this week, :cheers: she is still very slow and careful about moving but she isn't lame anymore and this morning even had a play with her brother Oto and a squeeky toy :wub: :huggles: :wub:

Mr vet thinks that, though it's a long way off, if all goes to plan we could get Gin back to nearly 100% normal :luck: :luck: :luck: that would just be the best christmas pressy :)

little baby steps in the right direction :huggles:

becka

:luck: Best of luck with Ginni - hope she continues to make some improvement :luck: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
:huggles: Thats great news :huggles: Sending lots of love for her full recovery :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad shes making steps in the right direction ....Loads of :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles: :luck: :luck:

That is good news Becka :thumbsup:

Hope Ginni continues to improve :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck:

That must have been like a glorious dream to see her want to play - loads of luck and prayers for many more tiny steps in the right direction :huggles: :huggles:

good news at long last becka :thumbsup: hope ginni improves each day now :huggles:

We wish Ginni a full recovery shortly, please give her lots of :huggles: from us and take care yourself

I am so glad to hear that you have a prognosis for Ginni, at least from that you can now take steps in the right direction to get her better. Keep thinking positively as it sounds like you are :thumbsup: Sending all my positive vibes that Ginni is back to normal in no time :huggles: It has been a horrid time for you all, fingers crossed now that things will get back to normal for you :huggles: Lots of :luck: :luck: for a speedy recovery x

Here's hoping this works! :luck: :luck: :luck: Thinking of you and Ginni. :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Lots of love 'n hugs coming your way for Ginni :thumbsup:

Ella & Jinny send woofs and licks too :wub: :wub:

I'm so glad you've got somewhere with it now.

Lots of :luck: :luck: for a full recovery :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back