The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Little Good Luck For Ginni Please

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm so sorry to hear that she has had a turn for the worse. I am sure it is just a blip. Try to keep positive, even though its hard. Sending lots of positive vibes your way. Thinking of you both :huggles: :huggles:

Hi Becka,

Sorry to hear this ,but don't give up hope Ginni is a fighter and hopefully she will turn the corner again :))

Thinking of you and Ginni :huggles: :huggles:

Oh gosh Becka I'm so sorry - got it all crossed for Ginni (and you of course) xxx

For Ginni

I didn't get to know you well

You watched me play and drum up hell (w00t)

O'Amos told me being black

Makes you more special in your pack!

Your brother Oto said you're great

And so I learnt that I should wait

To nick your food or steal your toys

In case it did upset the boys!!

But now my mummy says you're sick

And I feel sad because I nicked

Your food and chews, and hid them away -

I'd bring them back, if I were there today :(

So please, dear Ginni, don't give in

Keep fighting so that you can win.

We're sending hugs to you tonight

And our wish that you will be alright :wub:

Love from Ella and her mate, Jinny

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Thinking of you, Becka and especially thinking of Ginni too :luck: :luck: :wub: :thumbsup:

Sending Ginni all the luck in the world :luck: :luck: :huggles:

That last post is beautiful :wub:

jinnyfizz said:
For Ginni

And our wish that you will be alright  :wub:

:huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:  

Thinking of you, Becka and especially thinking of Ginni too :luck:   :luck:   :wub:   :thumbsup:

this is beautiful,xx

jinnyfizz said:
For Ginni

And our wish that you will be alright  :wub:

:huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles:  

Thinking of you, Becka and especially thinking of Ginni too :luck:   :luck:   :wub:   :thumbsup:

thanks Jane, "honoury black Ella" and "proper black Jinny" :wub:

i'm smilin and wellin up all at the same time :D

Oh Becka,i'm so very sorry to here this :( ,i shall be praying for Ginni to pick up :luck: :luck: :huggles:

Jane,what a beautiful poem :huggles:

Oh Becka, I'm so sorry she's gone downhill again :( Don't loose hope, your vet sounds determined to help her so I've got everything crossed that they'll find an answer soon. :luck: :huggles:

Beautiful poem Jane.

What a lovely photo :wub: :huggles: ...and poem too, but so sorry to hear shes ahad a turn for the worse... :(

Thinking of you all, and especially thinking of Ginni... :huggles: :huggles:

Keep your spirits up girl. :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Ginni, hope she picks up soon :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

:luck: Ginni - fingers crossed for some good news today for you Becca.

:( Sorry to hear Ginni is not to good again. :(

Thinking of you Becka :luck: :luck:

Hi Becka,

Hows everything? any developements with Ginni the beautiful :))

no change at the moment, Gin is still pretty much the same

my vet hasn't got back to me yet, so either he hasn't heard from the vet college or he has and they can't help

BUT :)) a smashing person on here :huggles: has given me some idea's and avenue's to research,

it's made me think about whats been going on with Ginni differently,

why the anti biotics aren't making her better and

what else might be the problem

it seems Ginni might now have TWO problems...

the first is the pasterella bacteria which caused the original cough months ago and had her being a bit under the weather

the second is quite possibly immune mediated poli-arthritis :eek:

the moment this lovely person mentioned that her dogs immune related poli-arthritis had been triggered by a bad reaction to Anti-biotics it was alarm bells and sirens going off in my noggin (w00t) ......

Gin had an allergic reaction to her second dose of AB's which caused fever, pain and joint swellings and she has been like this ever since :wacko:

now that it has been pointed out to me, it makes perfect sense and answers soooo many questions.... apart from one...

why hasn't the vet thought of it? :angry:

:luck: :luck: For Ginni :luck: :luck:

and hope you get to the bottom of the problems.

beaker said:
no change at the moment, Gin is still pretty much the same
my vet hasn't got back to me yet, so either he hasn't heard from the vet college or he has and they can't help

BUT  :)) a smashing person on here  :huggles: has given me some idea's and avenue's to research,

it's made me think about whats been going on with Ginni differently,

why the anti biotics aren't making her better and

what else might be the problem

it seems Ginni might now have TWO problems...

the first is the pasterella bacteria which caused the original cough months ago and had her being a bit under the weather

the second is quite possibly immune mediated poli-arthritis  :eek:

the moment this lovely person mentioned that her dogs immune related poli-arthritis had been triggered by a bad reaction to Anti-biotics it was alarm bells and sirens going off in my noggin (w00t) ......

Gin had an allergic reaction to her second dose of AB's which caused fever, pain and joint swellings and she has been like this ever since  :wacko:

now that it has been pointed out to me, it makes perfect sense and answers soooo many questions.... apart from one...

why hasn't the vet thought of it? :angry:

well i think it is right to keep an open mind on all aspects of what could be wrong we certainly know that antibiotics can do untold harm but are needed in some circumstances but i am a great believer in a healthy immune system for us and for dogs thing like Echineacha and goldenseal live yogurt, homeopathic remedies

are all important along side the correct diet

Have you considered a homeopathic vet? it might be worthwhile the only one i know of is Richard Allport he is very good

but in the meantime why don't you give the little one some Echineacea with goldenseal its powerful for the immune system im sure it would'nt do any harm you get it in the health shop in a liquid and yes the vets will not tell you anything like this

Thinking of you both all the time :huggles: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers :thumbsup: :huggles: i take gin to my Osteopath who also works with homeopathy, accupuncture etc and he has been doing his best to help boost her immune system :thumbsup:

she goes to see him tuesday so hopefully with this added info he can help her :luck: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back